Banned
    • Jan 2011

Wait and see on Fitz

No way he deserved this contract yet.

Last year after 7 games:
    1645 yards 14 TDs 7 Ints

This year
    1739 yards 14 TDs 7 Ints

We all know he finished OUTSIDE the top 20 QBs in the NFL last year too. He is completing more passes this year, which is good, but the screens and 2 yard passes and checkdowns that Holcomb and Edwards completed got killed and Fitz is praised? I just don't get it. Dude has done nothing to prove he is worth anything yet. Ihope he keeps it up, for the sake of this franchise.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Wait and see on Fitz

Unlike Holcomb & Edwards, Fitz throws TD's & wins games. Neither Holcomb or Edwards threw 14 TD's in an entire season EVER, let alone after 7 games.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

seriously.. that argument is weak as hell.

Fitz sees the field and make good decisions and makes them quickly. How about the Bills red zone production with Fitz at the helm ??? How about the amount of points we've put up on the board compared to other Bills QB's over the last 10 years ??

His stats since he has been our starter put him in the upper half of average QB's in the NFL, and those QB's make about $10 mil a season.. Fitz got paid on par or a little less then other QB's who have similar stats.

the real question is PTI, who would you rather see at QB.. Would you rather see the Bills let Fitz walk and use that money on a drafted rookie QB who would be a complete crapshoot or a FA QB whose stats would be at best equal to what Fitz is doing.

Bottom line is Fitz and Chan are on the same page, Fitz does produce, and this team is much better with him at QB then not.

Add in the fact that essentially his contract is a 3 year deal with the Bills holding the options on years 4 5 and 6 his deal was a damn good one for this franchise.

AND if a solid can't miss QB prospect falls to the Bills they will still draft that QB and he can be groomed behind Fitz for few years...
      Last edited by ddaryl; 11-05-2011, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• PTI
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

Edwards and Holcomb had stretches where the Bills won more than they lost too, it is a complete lie to say otherwise.

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by PTI
          Edwards and Holcomb had stretches where the Bills won more than they lost too, it is a complete lie to say otherwise.
          but neither were any-where's near as consistent and productive as Fitz has been.

Comment

• PTI
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

ddaryl, I said wait and see, can you read? I did not say replace Fitz now. I do think Shaun Hill would do just as well as Fitz has done though. Hope I am wrong, but there is nothing Fitz is doing that other backups around the NFL cannot do. I would still like the Bills to draft a QB next year, and there are several that could do just as well as Fitz within a year.

Comment

• PTI
              Banned
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ddaryl
              but neither were any-where's near as consistent and productive as Fitz has been.
              Oxymoron, Fitz and consistent, what are you smoking? He is the definition of inconsistent and that has been the book on him, do you even watch the games and follow football?

Comment

• Ed
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PTI
                ddaryl, I said wait and see, can you read? I did not say replace Fitz now. I do think Shaun Hill would do just as well as Fitz has done though. Hope I am wrong, but there is nothing Fitz is doing that other backups around the NFL cannot do. I would still like the Bills to draft a QB next year, and there are several that could do just as well as Fitz within a year.
                That's just a really stupid statement.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by PTI
                  SHORT stretches against WEAK teams. NEITHER of them ever beat a good team like Fitz has this year.

Comment

• G Wolly
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PTI
                    but there is nothing Fitz is doing that other backups around the NFL cannot do.
                    Still seeing Fitz as a back-up?

Watch a Rams game. See how ****ty Bradford is playing as a starter with a starter contract.

Sometimes people just need to find stuff to ***** about I guess.

Comment

• alnilla
                      • Dec 2008

****s weak

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PTI
                        No way he deserved this contract yet.

Last year after 7 games:
                        1645 yards 14 TDs 7 Ints

This year
                        1739 yards 14 TDs 7 Ints

We all know he finished OUTSIDE the top 20 QBs in the NFL last year too. He is completing more passes this year, which is good, but the screens and 2 yard passes and checkdowns that Holcomb and Edwards completed got killed and Fitz is praised? I just don't get it. Dude has done nothing to prove he is worth anything yet. Ihope he keeps it up, for the sake of this franchise.
                        There are way worse QBs making more money than Fitz that would kill to have
                        3300 yards 28TDs and 14Ints in 14 games....

For you to think he is dinking and dunking like Holcomb and Johnson is laughable. He attempts deep balls quite often and certainly hits intermediate routes often.

Comment

• PTI
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          There are way worse QBs making more money than Fitz that would kill to have
                          3300 yards 28TDs and 14Ints in 14 games....

For you to think he is dinking and dunking like Holcomb and Johnson is laughable. He attempts deep balls quite often and certainly hits intermediate routes often.
                          All his deep balls are well underthrown. Do you watch the games, dude has the weakest arm of every QB in the NFL that starts.

Comment

• PTI
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by G Wolly

Watch a Rams game. See how ****ty Bradford is playing as a starter with a starter contract.

Hilarious, 2nd year versus 7th year. Alex Smith is playing every bit as good as Fitz is. Where is his big money contract and extension? Oh yeah, Niners are not as dumb to extend him until they wait and see.

Comment

• PTI
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by G Wolly

Hilarious, 2nd year versus 7th year. Alex Smith is playing every bit as good as Fitz is. Where is his big money contract and extension? Oh yeah, Niners are not as dumb to extend him until they wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                              X