PDA

View Full Version : Cookie Gilchrist book

T-Long
11-05-2011, 07:59 PM
I just got word from the author of the book that there will be a piece done in the Buffalo News tomorrow about his book with Cookie. I guess there are supposed to be some very interesting stories within. The author reached out to me to gauge interest from Bills fans. Anyone interested to read an interview with the author? I am passing stuff off to our editors to see if they are interested as well. If anyone wants to know, the book is called "The Cookie that did not crumble." By Cookie Gilchrist and Chris Garbarino.

Thoughts?

better days
11-05-2011, 09:53 PM
If the author shared stories about Cookie, I would be interested in reading that.

Beebe's Kid
11-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Hell yeah. I'd be interested for sure. Cookie was an amazing character, as well as a hell of a football player.

The stories I know about him are great...demanding to be paid two salaries for playing both ways, going over to the Boston Patriot players in Fenway, as they huddled over the guy he just knocked out and asking "which one of you mother ****ers is next?"

That is only a few, not to mention the turbulance of racial relations at the time he was doing what he was doing. I think the book will be fascinating, and an interview will only help with sales...why the hell not?

YardRat
11-06-2011, 07:54 AM
When does the book hit the stands?

better days
11-06-2011, 08:14 AM
When does the book hit the stands?

I want to see the MOVIE of the book. If any football player deserves having a movie made about him it is Cookie.

Jan Reimers
11-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Cookie was one of the greatest Bills of all time, and a complex and often misunderstood person. I loved the guy when he played for us.

I would be interested in knowing as much about him as possible.

T-Long
11-06-2011, 10:34 AM
The author told me at the end of this month it will be available. Since we got some interest, post your questions that you want me to ask the author!