PDA

View Full Version : brad smith

cgbm
11-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Will chan please stop letting brad smith return kicks.

Hes too big of a target and too slow.

And just plain stinks at it.

Last i checked we have cj spiller on our team that needs to find his niche.

Seems thaughtless to me.

PTI
11-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Completely agree, he looks dreadfully slow out there.

don137
11-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Should of used him on the 4th and inches.

BertSquirtgum
11-06-2011, 04:11 PM
I agree he should never run it out if it gets kicked into the end zone.

PTI
11-06-2011, 04:12 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bycategory?cat=Returns&sort=319

He does not appear in the top 30 of qualified KRs this year.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2011, 04:14 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bycategory?cat=Returns&sort=319

He does not appear in the top 30 of qualified KRs this year.

Does he even have enough returns to qualify?

nyballa561
11-06-2011, 04:17 PM
He was a beast returner for the Jets.

Just saying:whistle:

PTI
11-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Does he even have enough returns to qualify?

Good call, he just had 5 before today, he was at 20.6. Today he had 4 for 19. Likely below top 28 in the NFL.

psubills62
11-06-2011, 04:19 PM

Back when kickoffs were from the 30.

Just saying.

Skooby
11-06-2011, 04:42 PM
He has to do something for that multi-million $ salary.

cgbm
11-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Point is..... Brad smith isnt good

Played qb in college and is finding a place

We have a first round pick, cj spiller who is a kick returner through and through. give him the rock

PTI
11-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Point is..... Brad smith isnt good

Played qb in college and is finding a place

We have a first round pick, cj spiller who is a kick returner through and through. give him the rock

I agree, you have to live with some mistakes he might make, Spiller needs to get the ball somehow, KR is easy, there is one guy back.

unpaid_bills
11-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Spiller, McElvin or McGee have more speed and can break it B Smith doesnt seem to have the breakaway speed - agree

BertSquirtgum
11-06-2011, 07:57 PM
The Brad Smith experiment sucks. I thought were going to see all these wild plays with him. What a waste.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-06-2011, 09:11 PM
The Brad Smith experiment sucks. I thought were going to see all these wild plays with him. What a waste.
Fitzpatrick sucks, Brad Smith sucks... do you suggest Tyler Thigpen start?

Maybin's Revenge
11-06-2011, 10:08 PM

Yeah, because the Jets have Mike Westhoff. It was never about Brad Smith. That's why the Jets had three pro-bowl KR guys before Brad Smith and have another one now that he's gone.

Turf
11-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Spiller should be returning KOs.

BertSquirtgum
11-06-2011, 10:18 PM
I think you should start so you get hit so hard that blood comes out of your ears and you can't come on here for a month.

and I didn't say Brad Smith sucks. The Bills definitely aren't using him correctly.

The Jokeman
11-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Back when kickoffs were from the 30.

Just saying.
and our GM and HC should have known this before signing him. Just saying.

Figster
11-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Will chan please stop letting brad smith return kicks.

Hes too big of a target and too slow.

And just plain stinks at it.

Last i checked we have cj spiller on our team that needs to find his niche.

Seems thaughtless to me.

I agree 100% OP, Smith is useless on kickoffs

speaking of 100%, it almost appeared like Smith did not have his heart in the game on Sunday against the Jets.

Figster
11-07-2011, 07:35 AM

We spent a **** load of money on Smith and Fred Jackson could do everything Brad Smith is doing, but better

Meanwhile Jackson makes peanuts ($$$) in comparison, WTF!

RedEyE
11-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Smith is used incorrectly in this system. Get him in there at WR. He needs to be more involved in the pass game. He's a guy that has burst and can turn nothing into something.

Just his presence on the field with Fitz adds an extra dimension. End around options - WR screens - placing him and FJ in complimenting routes mid field would seperate linebackers and even have safeties cheating up at times. It could even open things downfield for Johnson and Jones.

Honestly he's making too much money to not be on the field and I think he has that ability to break open some decent plays.

RoscoeMagic
11-07-2011, 07:41 AM
I'm not sure why we didn't run the wildcat vs. the Jets, heck was Smith even ever on the field on offense? The NYJ D cleary had an answer for Fitzpatrick and Jackson and our usual O, why not try something different, some trickery with Smith and/or Spiller, if nothing more than to keep them honest and open up some of the things that have worked all year for us.

RedEyE
11-07-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm not sure why we didn't run the wildcat vs. the Jets, heck was Smith even ever on the field on offense? The NYJ D cleary had an answer for Fitzpatrick and Jackson and our usual O, why not try something different, some trickery with Smith and/or Spiller, if nothing more than to keep them honest and open up some of the things that have worked all year for us.

I don't care for the wildcat personally. But it seems to me B Smith and the wildcat would have been a perficet set for the 4th and 1 play. Hell, I think even Fitz could have managed to fall over the line.

My biggest concern is what is the point of having Smith if isnt used? Gailey needs to work him into the game plan better than he has.

RoscoeMagic
11-07-2011, 07:50 AM
I don't care for the wildcat personally. But it seems to me B Smith and the wildcat would have been a perficet set for the 4th and 1 play. Hell, I think even Fitz could have managed to fall over the line.

My biggest concern is what is the point of having Smith if isnt used? Gailey needs to work him into the game plan better than he has.

I agree, was yelling at the TV why couldn't Fitz just fall forward on the 4th and inches. I didn't think Jackson was getting the first.

The thing with Smith is he's a weapon even if he's not being used because other teams have to gameplan for him. So if we're doing what we did earlier in the year, 30+ points, Brad Smith on 3-4 wildcat 3rd down and short runs, then I have no problem with his usage. But if our offense clearly isn't working, and Smith is just standing there on the sidelines waiting to return kicks, then something is definitely wrong. We were promised Gailey could find ways to integrate and maximize the talents of Spiller and Brad Smith both. I don't want to chalk it up as a lie just yet, but we'll see, as of now, yes Gailey and OBD has lied to us in that regard.

Figster
11-07-2011, 07:52 AM

Gailey just realizes how well Rex Ryan knows Smiths tendencies. Jets Defense is also very familiar with Brad Smith/Wildcat.

As far as using Smith more in general, it depends on our opponent from week to week.

I do have to agree with you Red Eye on the one particular play, seems like it would be fairly easy/high percentage to pick up one yard in the Wildcat

Figster
11-07-2011, 08:00 AM
I agree, was yelling at the TV why couldn't Fitz just fall forward on the 4th and inches. I didn't think Jackson was getting the first.

The thing with Smith is he's a weapon even if he's not being used because other teams have to gameplan for him. So if we're doing what we did earlier in the year, 30+ points, Brad Smith on 3-4 wildcat 3rd down and short runs, then I have no problem with his usage. But if our offense clearly isn't working, and Smith is just standing there on the sidelines waiting to return kicks, then something is definitely wrong. We were promised Gailey could find ways to integrate and maximize the talents of Spiller and Brad Smith both. I don't want to chalk it up as a lie just yet, but we'll see, as of now, yes Gailey and OBD has lied to us in that regard.

Or direct snap to Jackson

trapezeus
11-07-2011, 08:04 AM
i had the sense the bills were trying to let brad smith respond to his old team. gailey got to make the chiefs game personal, brad could make that game personal. But it just didn't happen.

cgbm
11-07-2011, 12:31 PM
brad smith and the wildcat doesnt work.

not because brad smith cant run it because we all know he can.

its because as soon as he steps up behind center, everyone on the d knows he will either do a qb counter or a qb draw. STUPID PLAY CALLING.

where is the un-predictability that the wildcat is. we eliminate the most important element of the wildcat.

we HAVE to use him more. its just stupid to have a threat like that and not use him in any way.

i agree with putting him at wr alot and letting him do that. he is a playmaker and we need that right now.

in fact, he would be the highest drafted wr we have. hahaha.

but the fact remains that kr is not the place for him. CHANGE IT NOW!!!!