• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Pass interference

Okay, I know we shouldn't blame the refs but this was bad today.

I don't mind the call against the Bills late in the third that set up the TD, but the one they missed against the Jets earlier in the game is frustrating.

Where is the consistency?
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Pass interference

Officiating is bad EVERY week and getting worse.
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

**** THIS REFS

Comment

• Buddo
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Cntrygal
        Officiating is bad EVERY week and getting worse.
        Pretty much this.

Bills have been bad today, but the Jest aren't as good as they think they are.

Officiating hasn't helped, but the Bills performance today isn't going to win a game in a hurry.

There's next to no consistency in the calls made. PI in particular. Whether it's offensive or defensive.

Play review is also poor, with one crew seemingly prepared to overturn things without conclusive evidence, while another needs everything crystal clear, and obvious to people who don't understand the game.

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

Wow, the Jets guy grabbed Nelson's arm before got there yet no call...Bills played like crap but these officials clearly gave Jets a lot of help.

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

I'm not going to talk about blame here, but I would be shocked if anyone said the officiating wasn't terrible. Some of the worst I've seen all year.

Honestly, I think the Jets get the benefit of the doubt and they get a lot more leeway since refs know they're a physical team, especially at DB. Because if the refs were consistent on both sides with regards to PI, they would have called PI on the Jets on every single pass play.

To me this showed how much we need a stud WR. Johnson did well, but he also dropped a couple decent passes. We need someone who is an athletic beast and can separate from anyone.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• methos4ever
              • Apr 2004

We need a big guy like a Meachem - taller, bigger body with mucho speed. Draft wise, to me that's a Dwight Jones or a healthy Marcus Easley.

Comment

• Maybin's Revenge
                • Nov 2011

Officiating in the NFL stinks. But you didn't lose this game because of officiating.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Maybin's Revenge
                  Officiating in the NFL stinks. But you didn't lose this game because of officiating.
                  I was not blaming the ref for the loss at all. I was *****ing about the inconsistent calls on two specific pass plays.

One went for the Jests and the other "non" call also favoured the Jests.
                  When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Maybin's Revenge
                    Who exactly said we did?
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

The officiating has been poor, and inconsistent, all season.

One week face-guarding isn't PI, the next it is.
                      Then there are holding/outright tackling calls being completely overlooked.
                      Contact in the secondary OK, then it isn't.

Replays are just about worthless, they might as well just ditch the system 'cause it doesn't appear to me that it's working as intended.

That being said, we would have got our asses whupped today with or without the refs, and we're far from being talented enough to overcome the human errors that are going to occur in every game.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Even the Sunday night crew is asking how they couldn't call that play against the Jests.

Comment

• kishoph
                          • Jun 2003

The Officiating in the NFL and the NHL has become a complete joke. In the NFL it is idiotic to have these old men part timers making judgement calls in a multi Billion dollar company. The worst part is the inconsistency.

Comment

• Beebe
                            • Aug 2011

The officiating sucked more than ever. and we couldn't get nothing going.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                              I was not blaming the ref for the loss at all. I was *****ing about the inconsistent calls on two specific pass plays.

One went for the Jests and the other "non" call also favoured the Jests.
                              Two calls. Both killed the Bills. On football night in America Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison both wanted to know what the **** the deal was with this one ref. It was the SAME ref on both occasions. They flat out said he was favoring the Jets. They showed the long ball where Mckelvin was called and there was no pass interferance at all, then they showed Buress manhandling Mckelvin and then a huge push off to make the catch with no call. Harrison then said Refs should start being fined for making wrong calls/non calls like this. The ref was staring right at what should have been interference on Burress and did nothing. What a piece of ****. I wonder how much money he had on the Jesters.

Comment

Working...
                              X