PDA

View Full Version : for the first time this year

djjimkelly
11-06-2011, 02:41 PM
what i saw out there was us being out talented.

not knocking our guys because i think they have done a great job this far and this is the first time where we are not talented enough.

our wr core is very solid against most teams however the jets are stacked at cb and truly

our only wr who can compete is johnson

revis cromartie wilson too much for the bills.

not saying jones or nelson are bad just against a team with elite cbs these guys arent good enough

thank god only the jets have 3 cbs of this caliber

djjimkelly
11-06-2011, 02:50 PM
our scheme is fine just not enough pieces to the puzzle yet

we dont have legit weapons yet

jackson yes fitz yes but nelson and jones are not a 2 and 3

psubills62
11-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Turns out Jets had the matchups and worked them well. Still need to fix the D, this was a bad game for our run defense. Second time all year I felt like it was reminiscent of last year's poor run D, Cincinnati being the first time.

We need WR's and play calls that can beat press coverage from good CB's. Other teams play it, but usually our guys can beat their CB's anyway. When a team has very good DB's and can play man to man press, our offense stalls. Similar to Eagles in the second half.

I'm still of the opinion we need a stud WR. That would turn this offense from good to very good.

don137
11-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Jones couldn't get any separation. Not sure if due to injury but he did nothing at all to help this team.

psubills62
11-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Frustrating game overall. Rex Ryan seems to have Gailey's number. Our execution was poor and the play calling was poor. We have the personnel to beat a good number of teams...but not to beat the Jets yet.

Crisis
11-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Outside of Stevie our talent at WR is enough to fill out the bottom of the depth chart on most NFL teams.

We match up terribly with the jets but its still so disheartening to see gailey get outcoached so badly.

djjimkelly
11-06-2011, 03:01 PM
yeah im still not sure whether stevie johnson is a 1 and im am not knocking him

i think he is great

but a real serious wr threat is what we need

or another stevie 1A and 1B

all i know is jones and nelson as a combo is not the 2 and 3 we need

Crisis
11-06-2011, 03:03 PM
yeah im still not sure whether stevie johnson is a 1 and im am not knocking him

i think he is great

but a real serious wr threat is what we need

or another stevie 1A and 1B

all i know is jones and nelson as a combo is not the 2 and 3 we need

Nelson is a great #3 IMO... Jones is a #4 at best though.

PTI
11-06-2011, 03:05 PM
??????????? Gailey admits to the Bills offense being smoke and mirrors!!?!?!?

ParanoidAndroid
11-06-2011, 03:31 PM
They basically played a press red zone defense all the way up the field. They took the short and intermediate passes away by putting bodies in the passing lanes and hitting the WR's at the line.
We should have stuck more to the running game in the first half instead of going empty on 2nd down....
This is what a bye week can do for a team. We came off the bye and dominated a team we were supposed to beat. The Jets were obviously well prepared. It always seems that we get division opponents coming off their bye and we get non-division games coming off our bye every year.

The killer was the 4th quarter drive where the Jets had the ball for 8 minutes and scored. This defense still has a long way to go.
If the Bills get a defense that can give the offense more opportunities, we will be more competetive. TOP was 38:00 to 22:00. Terrible.
If the Jets keep playing like that, they will win the division.

djjimkelly
11-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Nelson is a great #3 IMO... Jones is a #4 at best though.

i can roll with that i do like the mismatches that nelson provides i wish they would have thrown him the ball alot today

so basically that says jones needs to be replaced

but in the end both need to be upgraded jones more then nelson