Mike
11-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Kolb could get traded again!

Mr. Miyagi
11-06-2011, 03:04 PM
To the Phins I hope.

don137
11-06-2011, 03:06 PM
I just do not see the Colts winning a game. They are awful.

YardRat
11-06-2011, 04:50 PM
They're going to have a hard time under-performing Indy.

Ingtar33
11-06-2011, 05:22 PM
I just do not see the Colts winning a game. They are awful.

yeah. i said 3 years ago durring their last superbowl run, that they were a terrible football team with a QB playing at a higher level then any i've ever seen. I think my exact words were "that's a 5 win football team without manning"

They've only got worse since then.

Manning's been covering up a LOT of problems with that team for 4 or so years now. Its all comming due this year.

MikeInRoch
11-06-2011, 06:09 PM
So how many wins a season is Manning worth? 10?

Ingtar33
11-06-2011, 06:34 PM
So how many wins a season is Manning worth? 10?
10-12

yeah... he makes everything easy for everyone. He was covering for a terrible O-line, his arm was covering for a mediocre WR corps, his passing attack was covering for a weak group of RBs, and the offense scoring 5-6 times every game put so much pressure on opposing teams FROM the start, that they pressed and made it easy for what was really a weak defense with a couple of solid passrushers and not much else.

Without the threat from the colts offense, opposing teams are ripping that weak defense to shreads.... without manning the lack of tallent on the offense is being exposed.

You can't tell by looking at the stats... but about 3-4 years ago manning's game took a step up to the next level as the quality of his team fell around him. No one noticed because the numbers were about the same as when he had a better team around him. But if you watched the games you would have seen a QB playing at a level i never really though was possible.

I was raving about him 3-4 years ago on this board because he litterally was playing lights out like no one i ever saw before. That level continued right through about the midpoint of last year when he got hurt, and tailed off a little as the season wrapped up. I wasn't surprised to learn he was hurt.

But yeah... i think people were taking his play for granted and didn't notice just how much better he was playing the last few years (though the numbers really didn't show it). He was carrying that team singlehandedly, and now he's not there we're seeing he probably should have won the last 4 MVPs.

Hell if i had a vote i'd give him one this year (if Aaron Rogers wasn't playing so great i seriously would)