X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

You Beat Us Deep

As I said all week long, Jets manned our outside receivers, stacked the box, dared us to beat them deep.

Fitz is not up to it. Our receivers are not up to it.

To be honest, I think our defense played about as good as they could against that team. The offense layed a big egg today, exposing our defense on the field far too long.
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: You Beat Us Deep

The defense obviously did a helluva job against the Jets offense. Hell, it was 3-0 in the third quarter. You can't expect a defense to hold up playing that much in a game. The Jets defense has been good if not great since Rex got there, so our offense struggling against one of the best defenses in the league is not anything to jump off a cliff with. Last time I checked, our offense is pretty damn good. Jets had our number today. If we win in 3 weeks, this game is soon forgotten. With this 3 game road trip ahead, a 2-1 record coming home is a must.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

Chan called a terrible game on offense.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
        Watching Chan and Fitz postgame presser, I got the feeling that the Jets really out planned them, giving them looks and coverages that Fitz never thought of. I guess the bye week really helped them.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
          Watching Chan and Fitz postgame presser, I got the feeling that the Jets really out planned them, giving them looks and coverages that Fitz never thought of. I guess the bye week really helped them.

I somehow doubt that, the Jets were playing a lot of standard stuff... the one INT was on a zone-blitz, that fitz never saw, they mostly just put Revis on Johnson, manned up against everyone else, and played a LOT of 1 deep, 8 in the box defense. They did a solid job mixing zone and man on occasion, but i thought the jets played them pretty straight up (well, with a focus on clogging the field between the hashmarks and in the flat).

The Bills WRs just weren't getting open.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Ingtar33
            I somehow doubt that, the Jets were playing a lot of standard stuff... the one INT was on a zone-blitz, that fitz never saw, they mostly just put Revis on Johnson, manned up against everyone else, and played a LOT of 1 deep, 8 in the box defense. They did a solid job mixing zone and man on occasion, but i thought the jets played them pretty straight up (well, with a focus on clogging the field between the hashmarks and in the flat).

The Bills WRs just weren't getting open.
            Totally agree.

Fitz could've done a better job with a few throws, but our athletes weren't better today. Nelson is good when he works against LB's and 4th string CBs, but Wilson did a good job on him, and he's played better than Cro this year. Jones went nowhere and that's with Cromartie on him.

Comment

• Mr Bills
              • Jan 2010

Brandon Lloyd would certainly helped a lot, could of gotten him for a 5th - 6th round pick, too bad everyone here thinks he is a one year wonder and sucks. Hope you are all happy with Donald Jones and Namaan Roosevelt.

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts

I agree that there were some really bad calls.....the worst sticking out in my mind is the 4th down play that should have been a QB keeper. Fitzy only has to snap the ball and hold it forward for a half second to get the first.

However, this is the beauty of division games.....we get to play them again!! You know that Gailey is going to be pissed about this one.....he has a winners mentality unlike any of our past loser coaches. He is going to brain storm ways to beat this defense and in a few weeks we will be better prepared....guaranteed.

This game was just the first few rounds of the fight.......we are going to come out and crack them in the jaw in this next game!

Comment

• Oaf
                  Do you read what you write?
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                  I came to the same conclusion as this. But the talent level is something to consider as well.

Comment

• kishoph
                    • Jun 2003

Hopefully CHAN knows now how to combat some of those Defenses, because we may be seeing a similar game plan next week from Fat REX's brother ROB, who is the D coordinator for the Cowboys. I'm sure REX will be offering his insight to ROB to try and beat a division rival.

Comment

• HopefulBillsFan
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by kishoph
                      Hopefully CHAN knows now how to combat some of those Defenses, because we may be seeing a similar game plan next week from Fat REX's brother ROB, who is the D coordinator for the Cowboys. I'm sure REX will be offering his insight to ROB to try and beat a division rival.
                      ya.. cuz they beat the hell out of New England.

Comment

• kishoph
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by HopefulBillsFan
                        ya.. cuz they beat the hell out of New England.

I don't know if this is sarcasm, but I do know that the Cowboys lost by only 4 points to NE, holding them to 100 yds. rushing, picking off BRADY twice and sacking him 3 times. The Cowboys have the leagues 12th ranked Defense and I'm sure REX is going to give his brother advice on stopping the BILLS. This game will not be a walk over and CHAN has to have his team prepared for another tough Defense. Of course FITZ needs to play much better than he did yesterday.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Our two key weaknesses were once again exposed: Our inability to get pressure on the opposing QB (except against the Skins' hapless O-line); and our complete lack of any deep passing game.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

the difference was simply their CB's were blanketing our WR's Nobody was open all day long.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              Our two key weaknesses were once again exposed: Our inability to get pressure on the opposing QB (except against the Skins' hapless O-line); and our complete lack of any deep passing game.
                              Agree completely. They basically challenged Fitz and company to beat Buffalo deep. They took away the short stuff.
                              I felt Donald Jones must be either hurt or is a below average receiver because he could not get separation and he cannot make the tough catch with tight coverage. Nelson is average. Johnson did great against Revis.

Comment

Working...
                              X