PDA

View Full Version : BBD Mock 2.2

DraftBoy
11-07-2011, 07:23 AM
After yesterday's defeat I prefer to look forward, our pick jumped up we now pick 23rd.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012-nfl-mock-draft/

Ginger Vitis
11-07-2011, 07:49 AM
No complaints about the Bills picks.. I like the 2nd Round pick for the fact Torrell Troup has shown nothing so far in his career and the front 7 on D needs more reinforcements..And the St Lucia ad is way better than the previous ads

k-oneputt
11-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Personally I like blackmon over both Jeffrey and Floyd.
I love Hightower but he might be there for the Bills in the 2nd rd.
Upshaw will go rd. 1, he will be an olb in a 3-4.
I like dennard better then amuk.

k-oneputt
11-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Where's Claiborne from LSU ??? He's a definte 1sr rounder.

DraftBoy
11-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Where's Claiborne from LSU ??? He's a definte 1sr rounder.
Only a Jr. Did not have him declare in this one.

Dr. Lecter
11-07-2011, 08:53 AM
I like the FSU guy!

Two QBs for Washington?

psubills62
11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
No Devon Still anymore? Has he dropped out of the 2nd round entirely then?

PTI
11-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Likely be drafting in the teens again. Hopefully it is a trade up for Landry Jones.

DraftBoy
11-07-2011, 10:03 AM
No Devon Still anymore? Has he dropped out of the 2nd round entirely then?

I just adjusted that, I forgot I had Washington taking 2 QB's. Denver now takes Cousins, and the Panthers take Still.

DraftBoy
11-07-2011, 10:04 AM
I like the FSU guy!

Two QBs for Washington?

Fixed it, I had done the whole draft earlier on Sunday then when I went to adjust for yesterday's results it got a little confusing with Denver and Washington flip flopping over Cleveland.

PTI
11-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Bills will take a QB within the first two rounds, it will be very apparant as the season goes on, and I am bewildered as to how it is not obvious now.

DraftBoy
11-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Bills will take a QB within the first two rounds, it will be very apparant as the season goes on, and I am bewildered as to how it is not obvious now.

There is the small detail of their commitment to Fitz and the idea that challenging him with a top two round QB while we have other glaring needs may not be the wisest decision we could make.

PTI
11-07-2011, 11:02 AM
There is the small detail of their commitment to Fitz and the idea that challenging him with a top two round QB while we have other glaring needs may not be the wisest decision we could make.

Poor Fitzy. With a better QB this team would be 8-0 right now.

DraftBoy
11-07-2011, 11:04 AM

With a better team around him this team is 8-0. It goes both ways. Singling out one position as the crux of our teams issues is incorrect.

And no with a better QB we are not 8-0.

Night Train
11-07-2011, 11:10 AM

:rofl:

WHAT ?

psubills62
11-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Wow, you've got no credibility. Do you even watch the games?

Night Train
11-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Good job, DB.

OLB or CB looks like the pick. In fact, they need 2 OLB's and another 2 CB's, maybe 3.

I have zero confidence in McKelvin. He's in position to make plays when the ball arrives, then suddenly realizes he's late for his shift at Burger King.

dannyek71
11-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Yesterday, our team was in 1st place. Today, we are drooling over the draft?

Dr. Lecter
11-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Just like the Patriots, Saints, Eagles, Giants and, oh wait.

Those teams are no 8-0 either.

Sorry.

DraftBoy
11-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Yesterday, our team was in 1st place. Today, we are drooling over the draft?

Been posting these every two weeks since the season began. Yesterday had nothing to do with it.

Lone Stranger
11-07-2011, 11:50 AM
You've got the right position. I'll trust in your expertise about the player.

paladin warrior
11-07-2011, 12:17 PM
YA I really like that. LB and DT. I wonder what bills need 2 for 4th round pick I wish for WR and OL in the 4th round

DraftBoy
11-07-2011, 12:18 PM
YA I really like that. LB and DT. I wonder what bills need 2 for 4th round pick I wish for WR and OL in the 4th round

Well if you wish it, Ill make it happen.

methos4ever
11-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Why Jenkins over Curry on this one DB? Jenkins' production sack wise has been a little worrying this year...

DesertFox24
11-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Sorry I am not a fan of Brandon Jenkins. The guy has the look and the athletic ability but he does not produce on Saturday.

Give me Vinny Curry or one of the Corners.

DraftBoy
11-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Why Jenkins over Curry on this one DB? Jenkins' production sack wise has been a little worrying this year...

Hips flexibility. I think Curry is a dynamic prospect but he's still a little stiff. Im not sure he can drop like a 34 OLB would be asked to.

Jenkins I have zero doubts about in that regards. While Jenkins numbers are down he's actually playing better this year from a developmental stand point. He's doing more in the run game to string out plays and allow others to make plays through his ability.

DraftBoy
11-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Sorry I am not a fan of Brandon Jenkins. The guy has the look and the athletic ability but he does not produce on Saturday.

Give me Vinny Curry or one of the Corners.

To some degree production is overrated in college. Stats equal only a small part of the equation.

Ed
11-07-2011, 02:35 PM
I don't really know anything about either player, but I like the idea of continuing to build our front 7. You can't really seem to go wrong with SEC d-lineman either.

So if we did take Chapman, what positions do you think he, Dareus, and Williams would play?

I think it's worth it to bring Merriman back next year, but they should still target an OLB early either way.

DraftBoy
11-07-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't really know anything about either player, but I like the idea of continuing to build our front 7. You can't really seem to go wrong with SEC d-lineman either.

So if we did take Chapman, what positions do you think he, Dareus, and Williams would play?

I think it's worth it to bring Merriman back next year, but they should still target an OLB early either way.

DE-Dareus
DT-Chapman
DE-Williams

clumping platelets
11-07-2011, 06:43 PM
:up:

clumping platelets
11-07-2011, 06:44 PM
We need to use FA or trade to get us help at CB

jimbohastle51
11-07-2011, 11:52 PM
i have to say if we pick in the bottom half of the draft i do not see us passing on janoris jenkins if he is there. he is the perfect corner for us to draft we could get great value trading back with a team that would want him if we traded down. IMO i dont think there will be a pass rusher worthy of a first round pick past the 15th pick in this draft, but i do think a lot of this drafts first round depends on how many qb's go in the top 15. if landry, barkley, and moore all go than some one may fall. there will easily 4 qb's gone in the first round and if griffin from baylor comes out there could be 5.

DraftBoy
11-08-2011, 07:08 AM
i have to say if we pick in the bottom half of the draft i do not see us passing on janoris jenkins if he is there. he is the perfect corner for us to draft we could get great value trading back with a team that would want him if we traded down. IMO i dont think there will be a pass rusher worthy of a first round pick past the 15th pick in this draft, but i do think a lot of this drafts first round depends on how many qb's go in the top 15. if landry, barkley, and moore all go than some one may fall. there will easily 4 qb's gone in the first round and if griffin from baylor comes out there could be 5.

I dont think Jenkins is on the board for us in all honesty. His past drug issues are still very much a red flag and despite his skill level some teams won't take him. The Bills particularly have a long history of not messing with players who have known drug issues (at least since the 90's teams).

I disagree about the pass rusher both Curry and Jenkins should be phenomenal rushers below 15.

Kellen Moore is not going in the 1st round let alone in the top 15. Griffin if he comes out will likely be a top 10 pick.

However there are also reports now surfacing that none of Barkley, Jones, or Griffin are going to come out.

Ed
11-08-2011, 09:44 AM
DE-Dareus
DT-Chapman
DE-Williams
Let's say the Bills want to keep Dareus or Williams at NT. Are there any good 3-4 DE's that would be worth considering with one of our early picks? I like Carrington and his potential, at least as a rotational player but I wouldn't mind some upgrades over Edwards and Johnson.

DraftBoy
11-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Let's say the Bills want to keep Dareus or Williams at NT. Are there any good 3-4 DE's that would be worth considering with one of our early picks? I like Carrington and his potential, at least as a rotational player but I wouldn't mind some upgrades over Edwards and Johnson.

Cam Johnson-1st/2nd
Jared Crick-1st/2nd
Kheeston Randall-2nd/3rd
Vince Browne-4th
Trevor Guyton-3rd/4th
Frank Alexander-2nd/3rd
Brandon Thompson-1st

Would be the top targets, projections are too each side.

justasportsfan
11-08-2011, 10:09 AM
I wouldn't mind that 2nd pick is is there anyone in next years draft that can replace Mckelvin?

DraftBoy
11-08-2011, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't mind that 2nd pick is is there anyone in next years draft that can replace Mckelvin?

Minnifield at the bottom of Round 1 would be a good replacement, Judie in Round 2 as well. The top part of the CB class is a little light but the depth is very good that's where I would expect Buffalo to target a CB.

One guy I dont think I want is CB Stephon Gilmore from South Carolina should he declare. He's a size CB who doesn't use it, is ultra soft and can't jam.

jimbohastle51
11-08-2011, 03:24 PM
I dont think Jenkins is on the board for us in all honesty. His past drug issues are still very much a red flag and despite his skill level some teams won't take him. The Bills particularly have a long history of not messing with players who have known drug issues (at least since the 90's teams).

I disagree about the pass rusher both Curry and Jenkins should be phenomenal rushers below 15.

Kellen Moore is not going in the 1st round let alone in the top 15. Griffin if he comes out will likely be a top 10 pick.

However there are also reports now surfacing that none of Barkley, Jones, or Griffin are going to come out.

alot in this first round will hinge on what QB's come out for sure. IMO kellen moore is a first round guy but you do a heck of a lot more studying of this than i do. he will be a very nice QB in a west coast offense. i think Nix would be all over jenkins but you are right, previous regimes stayed away from kids with troubled pasts. as far as rushers i just don't feel there will be a top pass rushing talent in the bottom 15 that could not be had in the 2nd round. again i would love to see you profile on moore when you get it posted. i am a fan of him.