Billsfan3
11-07-2011, 07:05 PM
just read it on espn

Mr. Miyagi
11-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Oh crap. Who's out there?

DrGraves
11-07-2011, 07:14 PM
don't need a kicker until this team figures out how to move the ball down the field again

ServoBillieves
11-07-2011, 07:33 PM
In all seriousness, what do we do here? If we stick with Moorman, sure he can boot it deep on kickoffs, also can punt (duh). But on Field Goals and Extra Points, who's going to hold the snap? Can he aim the ball over 30 yards? And, since it's only a short time, I don't see Lindell missing much time, so do we demote someone/PS and hold 2 Kickers, or what?

This is an interesting topic.

Don't Panic
11-07-2011, 07:33 PM
don't need a kicker until this team figures out how to move the ball down the field again

It was one week against a top notch D that had a lot to prove. I wouldn't say the sky is falling just yet.

T-Long
11-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Oh crap. Who's out there?
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=207567

trapezeus
11-07-2011, 08:12 PM
george wilson was practicing the hold during the game.

BLeonard
11-07-2011, 09:13 PM
The good news is, in Dallas and Miami (our next 2 games) weather shouldn't be a factor.

If we need a replacement kicker longer than that, it should give whoever they sign a couple weeks to get back into "kicking shape."

-Bill

OpIv37
11-07-2011, 09:56 PM
And this is the bi-product of ****ty special teams plays. If our guys do their ****ing jobs and don't rely on the kicker to make the tackle, then we don't get in this ****ty situation.

There has to be a happy medium between Bobby April keeping S/T guys who can't play their position like Coy Wire and Josh Stamer, and this ****ing nonsense.

Luisito23
11-07-2011, 10:02 PM
And this is the bi-product of ****ty special teams plays. If our guys do their ****ing jobs and don't rely on the kicker to make the tackle, then we don't get in this ****ty situation.

There has to be a happy medium between Bobby April keeping S/T guys who can't play their position like Coy Wire and Josh Stamer, and this ****ing nonsense.

We've been pretty much decent all year on special teams coverage, so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

In the NFL, you're bound to give up a big play on ST at one point, or another. Just don't make it a trend.

Bmax
11-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Jeff reed or Shayne Graham ...

Dr. Lecter
11-07-2011, 10:06 PM

You do know that the Bills kickoff coverage is near the top in the NFL, don't you?

Dr. Lecter
11-07-2011, 10:08 PM
In fact, they are 5th in coverage.

So you are ignoring facts to ***** about something.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Special&cat=Kicking

OpIv37
11-07-2011, 10:10 PM
We've been pretty much decent all year on special teams coverage, so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

In the NFL, you're bound to give up a big play on ST at one point, or another. Just don't make it a trend.

I disagree. Our returns have been ****ty and Moorman has a tendency to either overkick the coverage or shank punts. Age is catching up with him. S/T has taken a hit in Buffalo.

OpIv37
11-07-2011, 10:11 PM
You do know that the Bills kickoff coverage is near the top in the NFL, don't you?

A) that's only one facet of special teams, which has definitely taken a hit the past two years.
B) It doesn't excuse ****ing up that kickoff in a field position game where we desperately needed a play.

Luisito23
11-07-2011, 10:11 PM

*****ing just for the sake of *****ing.

OpIv37
11-07-2011, 10:13 PM
*****ing just for the sake of *****ing.

yup, ****ing up a kickoff in a field position game when we needed a play, resulting in our kicker getting injured, is *****ing just to *****. :rolleyes:

Dr. Lecter
11-07-2011, 10:23 PM
yup, ****ing up a kickoff in a field position game when we needed a play, resulting in our kicker getting injured, is *****ing just to *****. :rolleyes:
No, you said that ST was bad overall, when it has not been this year.

Specifically kick off coverage. IT has been good this year. On that play somebody missed contain.

You know I tend to support that you argue with a reason - but you are not here. You are taking your impression and ignoring the facts.

OpIv37
11-07-2011, 10:36 PM
No, you said that ST was bad overall, when it has not been this year.

Specifically kick off coverage. IT has been good this year. On that play somebody missed contain.

You know I tend to support that you argue with a reason - but you are not here. You are taking your impression and ignoring the facts.

Kickoff coverage is only one facet of S/T. It can be good even if ST has been bad overall. You haven't proven that ST has not been bad.

Hell, you haven't even proven that kickoff coverage has been good. You just said it with nothing to back it up. And, even if the coverage has been good this year, it's still no excuse for ****ing up that play.

OpIv37
11-07-2011, 10:46 PM
According to NFL.com, we're 31st in kickoff returns, 19th in punting, 19th in kickoffs, 15th in FG's- that's way below average.

I'm having trouble finding the kickoff and punt coverage stats.

BertSquirtgum
11-07-2011, 10:52 PM

Indeed. I miss Bobby April.

Dr. Lecter
11-08-2011, 06:48 AM
According to NFL.com, we're 31st in kickoff returns, 19th in punting, 19th in kickoffs, 15th in FG's- that's way below average.

I'm having trouble finding the kickoff and punt coverage stats.
The KO returns are poor this year - although they also have very few.

And the coverage teams are pretty good. That was where this happened.Specifically kickoff coverage.

So your comment that he got hurt because of bad KO coverage units is just wrong.

And I posted a link to those stats. So you do not need to find them.

T-Long
11-08-2011, 07:05 AM
how can you blame bad special teams to Lindell getting hurt? Kickers have to make tackles sometimes as well, that's why they wear pads and helmets. You can't blame the coach for that.

chernobylwraiths
11-08-2011, 07:07 AM
A) that's only one facet of special teams, which has definitely taken a hit the past two years.
B) It doesn't excuse ****ing up that kickoff in a field position game where we desperately needed a play.

A) true
B) what the hell happened to A?

chernobylwraiths
11-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Lindell should be taught how to tackle. That tackle he made was more luck and he just looked damned awkward. Luckily he fell on the guy's foot.

Forward_Lateral
11-08-2011, 07:59 AM
He's a freaking kicker. Most kickers would've given up on the play and not even tried. I gained a ton of respect for Lindell after that play, even though he hurt himself pretty badly.

OpIv37
11-08-2011, 08:04 AM
He's a freaking kicker. Most kickers would've given up on the play and not even tried. I gained a ton of respect for Lindell after that play, even though he hurt himself pretty badly.

I agree with this. I'm just sayin it's on his teammates to not put him in a position to make a tackle.

stuckincincy
11-08-2011, 08:12 AM
In all seriousness, what do we do here? If we stick with Moorman, sure he can boot it deep on kickoffs, also can punt (duh). But on Field Goals and Extra Points, who's going to hold the snap? Can he aim the ball over 30 yards? And, since it's only a short time, I don't see Lindell missing much time, so do we demote someone/PS and hold 2 Kickers, or what?

This is an interesting topic.

Perhaps they're waiting on a decision to put K. Williams on IR. So there's the roster spot for the replacement kicker.

Night Train
11-08-2011, 08:19 AM
OMFG ! :nervous:

I just realized this means very little to me. :rolleyes:

Get well Lindell, sign a kicker and move on.

BillsFever21
11-08-2011, 09:03 PM
This isn't good at all. We are already struggling as a team and Lindell has been a reliable kicker for us. Especially when it comes to kicking in November and December or in clutch situations.

Whatever kicker we do get off the street has to be one that's had some success kicking outdoors for a team who plays in bad weather. We're not going to fill Lindell's shoes. We can only hope to find somebody who doesn't screw it up and lose us games which won't be easy this late in the season and with bad weather coming.