• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Kyle Williams likely out for the season

Nose tackle Kyle Williams is expected to miss the rest of the season, based on reports the Buffalo Bills have received so far, sources told The Buffalo News today.

Williams has missed the past three games because of a foot injury, which is believed to be bone spurs irritating his Achilles tendon.

Additionally, The News has learned that kicker Rian Lindell is expected to miss four to six weeks with a shoulder injury, according to a team source.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Kyle Williams likely out for the season

Stinks, but you could see this coming. Troup needs to get healthy and get on the field. Doesn't seem like our DL is quite there yet against top OL, but from what I know of Dallas, they don't have a top OL. Kind of rebuilding that unit this year.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

I'm not the least bit surprised. Bone spurs aren't going to go away by themselves, and are going to be a continuing source of inflamation and pain until removed surgically.

Regarding Lindell's injury, if Buffalo can find a replacement who has a good leg and kicks accurately, I could see Lindell's ride with the Bills coming to an end. It's not that Lindell hasn't been a solid kicker for Buffalo, but he's no kid, and I don't think he's so good that Buffalo couldn't be happy with a younger cheaper kicker.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Luisito23
        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
        • Apr 2003

I rather have Williams get healthy 100% even if it means sitting the whole season, and besides that, he's far too important to this franchise to have him jeopardize his career.

And Lindell's stint with Buffalo is far from done.
        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
          Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
          • Jan 2010

do we bring up jay ross/lionel dotson or do we sign a fa like haynesworth?

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
            do we bring up jay ross/lionel dotson or do we sign a fa like haynesworth?
            NO to Haynesworth. Why pick up a guy and pay about $700,000 left on his contract that doesnt want to play? At that point just flush $700,000 and call it even.

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Heard has actually been playing decent. But I have to wonder how slow Jasper must be developing for them not to say, "Hey kid, we need an NT...are you up for it?" Yeah, they moved him to Tackle, but even so. If there is a need at NT, that seems like his natural position. He must really be developing slow. Too bad. I thought he was really motivated to succeed...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Heard has actually been playing decent. But I have to wonder how slow Jasper must be developing for them not to say, "Hey kid, we need an NT...are you up for it?" Yeah, they moved him to Tackle, but even so. If there is a need at NT, that seems like his natural position. He must really be developing slow. Too bad. I thought he was really motivated to succeed...
                They said they will not move Jasper back to DL. He was a better OL anyways developmentally.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X