PDA

View Full Version : Golisano to bid for Dodgers

BLeonard
11-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Not directly Bills related, but since Golisano's name has been floated as a potential owner for the Bills, I thought this was pretty interesting: http://belowthefalls.com/home/story/koshinski-golisano-among-bidders-la-dodgers

The source tells me that Golisano, who also purchased the Buffalo Sabres of the NHL when they were in bankruptcy in 2003, will submit a formal application for the Dodgers, a team reportedly worth between $800 million and 1.2 billion dollars.

Interesting to note that, even if Golisano buys the Dodgers, he could still buy the Bills, as currently, there is no NFL team in Los Angeles.

-Bill

PromoTheRobot
11-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Pay attention to how he runs the Dodgers. Terry Pegula he ain't.

PTR

trapezeus
11-08-2011, 08:33 AM
he's becoming a repo man on sports franchises. he gets them cheap, rehabilitates them asset wise, and leaves a richer man.

Mski
11-08-2011, 09:38 AM
well people have speculated that he didnt have the $$ to buy the bills.... the dodgers are worth more than the bills.... not saying he'll get them, but if he has enough to bid on them, he definately has enough to buy the bills

TigerJ
11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
If he has the winning bid for the Dodgers, then he's automatically out of the competition for buying the Bills. League rules forbid an NFL owner from owning a different major sports franchise outside the market area of the NFL team in question. I didn't think he was considered a serious threat to buy the Bills in any case.

PromoTheRobot
11-08-2011, 09:27 PM
If he has the winning bid for the Dodgers, then he's automatically out of the competition for buying the Bills. League rules forbid an NFL owner from owning a different major sports franchise outside the market area of the NFL team in question. I didn't think he was considered a serious threat to buy the Bills in any case.

You are incorrect. TG can own the Dodgers and the Bills because there is no NFL team in L.A. Paul Allen owns the NFL Seahawks and the NBA Trailblazers.

PTR