X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Peters is Sick

Sorry had to bring it up. But he is looking amazing tonight against the Bears. Really too bad we didn't get him signed.

100% sure that if Buddy and Co. were around during the Peters contract dispute they would have gotten something done.

O well. Hopefully Hairston or Bell get back for this game. Our OL is not the same at all with things all shuffled.
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Re: Peters is Sick

Also watching, and agreed.

It was really frustrating to watch us fail on 3rd/4th and shorts with a back like Jackson when the Eagles convert them w/ a scat back like McCoy.

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Oaf
      It was really frustrating to watch us fail on 3rd/4th and shorts with a back like Jackson when the Eagles convert them w/ a scat back like McCoy.

This just in...We've been missing our starting, and backup LTs for the past few weeks now.

And doesn't Freddy have better stats this season then McCoy?
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
        • Sep 2003

Freddy Jackson shows up and plays hard and will get paid. Lardass Jason Peters blew off his team and teammates and deserved to get shipped out of town. We got Wood and Levitre because of that trade and I think we made out better. Ask any Philly fan if they think Peters is worth $11M/yr and they would all say no. Look at his entire tenure in Philly, not one play.

PTR
        10 Commandments of the D
        1. Never stop Rocking.
        2. Legalize all drugs.
        3. Quit your day job.
        4. All Religion should be taxed.
        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
        6. F**k her gently.
        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

He has looked like a road grader tonight. God dammit. He was a piece of **** when he was here though. Instead of showing up and acting like a man. He acted like a child and the Bills shipped him out. I was also told the Bills offered him 9.5 million and he turned it down. I still say ***K HIM.
          Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 11-07-2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

Yeah, guy was a wall tonight, stoned everyone.

Can't complain with what we got for him though, Woods and Levitre because of the extra 3rd. Still, could you imagine if we took Mack at 11, kept Peters, and took Levitre instead of Byrd.

Comment

• MattyNH
              • Nov 2011

He is a great talent when he wants to play. He has had a hard time keeping his weight under control in Phily after getting paid. It would be nice to have a talent like him on the roster but at the end of the day he wanted out. We ended up with Eric Wood in return which isn't that bad. It worked out for both teams.

If you are 100% sure Nix would have gotten somthing done it will be interesting to see what happens with Pears, Urbik and Bell since they are all UFA's at the end of the season. Next year it will be time to extend Wood and Levitre.

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Luisito23
                This just in...We've been missing our starting, and backup LTs for the past few weeks now.

And doesn't Freddy have better stats this season then McCoy?
                Philly has had multiple injuries on their o-line this season as well, and McCoy has very similar, though slightly better, stats than Jackson.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MattyNH
                  He is a great talent when he wants to play. He has had a hard time keeping his weight under control in Phily after getting paid. It would be nice to have a talent like him on the roster but at the end of the day he wanted out. We ended up with Eric Wood in return which isn't that bad. It worked out for both teams.

If you are 100% sure Nix would have gotten somthing done it will be interesting to see what happens with Pears, Urbik and Bell since they are all UFA's at the end of the season. Next year it will be time to extend Wood and Levitre.
                  There is a big difference between knowing that you have to keep a franchise LT who is 26 years old and signing a RG or RT that you signed off the street the year before and a LT no one is sure about and oft-injured.

IMO, there is no way Nix would have allowed a talented, road-grating LT like Peters leave. A lot of players in the NFL have had disputes with their teams and still signed contracts and continued to play for them.
                  Last edited by Mahdi; 11-08-2011, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• MattyNH
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Mahdi
                    There is a big difference between knowing that you have to keep a franchise LT who is 26 years old and signing a RG or RT that you signed off the street the year before and a LT no one is sure about and oft-injured.

IMO, there is no way Nix would have allowed a talented, road-grating LT like Peters leave. A lot of players in the NFL have had disputes with their teams and still signed contracts and continued to play for them.
                    If you are right then he will resign Wood and Levitre. At this point that is what is important to me, Peters has been gone for years at this point. Nix will get his chance to prove your theory.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

**** Peters

at what point do you just realize the guy never wanted to be here and passed up on $9 mil a season the Bills offered the guy.

Glad he is gone... and to be honest he has not lived up to the $9.5 million pay check the Eagle have given him.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mahdi

As others have said the Bills got good value for Peters. I would not trade Wood & Levitre for him & I doubt many Bills fans would.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
                          As others have said the Bills got good value for Peters. I would not trade Wood & Levitre for him & I doubt many Bills fans would.
                          We did get good value but I certainly would.

Putting Peters at LT and Bell at RT would be very nice.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            We did get good value but I certainly would.

Putting Peters at LT and Bell at RT would be very nice.
                            Yeah, they could spend a lot time together in the trainers room while their back ups are playing.

You are one of the FEW people that would trade Wood & Levitre for Peters.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

Madden don't lie, and this isn't Bills related.

Transfer, next.
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X