PDA

View Full Version : Peters is Sick

Mahdi
11-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Sorry had to bring it up. But he is looking amazing tonight against the Bears. Really too bad we didn't get him signed.

100% sure that if Buddy and Co. were around during the Peters contract dispute they would have gotten something done.

O well. Hopefully Hairston or Bell get back for this game. Our OL is not the same at all with things all shuffled.

Oaf
11-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Also watching, and agreed.

It was really frustrating to watch us fail on 3rd/4th and shorts with a back like Jackson when the Eagles convert them w/ a scat back like McCoy.

Luisito23
11-07-2011, 10:16 PM
It was really frustrating to watch us fail on 3rd/4th and shorts with a back like Jackson when the Eagles convert them w/ a scat back like McCoy.

This just in...We've been missing our starting, and backup LTs for the past few weeks now.

And doesn't Freddy have better stats this season then McCoy?

PromoTheRobot
11-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Freddy Jackson shows up and plays hard and will get paid. Lardass Jason Peters blew off his team and teammates and deserved to get shipped out of town. We got Wood and Levitre because of that trade and I think we made out better. Ask any Philly fan if they think Peters is worth $11M/yr and they would all say no. Look at his entire tenure in Philly, not one play.

PTR

BertSquirtgum
11-07-2011, 10:46 PM
He has looked like a road grader tonight. God dammit. He was a piece of **** when he was here though. Instead of showing up and acting like a man. He acted like a child and the Bills shipped him out. I was also told the Bills offered him 9.5 million and he turned it down. I still say ***K HIM.

kingJofNYC
11-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Yeah, guy was a wall tonight, stoned everyone.

Can't complain with what we got for him though, Woods and Levitre because of the extra 3rd. Still, could you imagine if we took Mack at 11, kept Peters, and took Levitre instead of Byrd.

MattyNH
11-08-2011, 05:53 AM
He is a great talent when he wants to play. He has had a hard time keeping his weight under control in Phily after getting paid. It would be nice to have a talent like him on the roster but at the end of the day he wanted out. We ended up with Eric Wood in return which isn't that bad. It worked out for both teams.

If you are 100% sure Nix would have gotten somthing done it will be interesting to see what happens with Pears, Urbik and Bell since they are all UFA's at the end of the season. Next year it will be time to extend Wood and Levitre.

EDS
11-08-2011, 09:00 AM
This just in...We've been missing our starting, and backup LTs for the past few weeks now.

And doesn't Freddy have better stats this season then McCoy?

Philly has had multiple injuries on their o-line this season as well, and McCoy has very similar, though slightly better, stats than Jackson.

Mahdi
11-08-2011, 10:49 AM
He is a great talent when he wants to play. He has had a hard time keeping his weight under control in Phily after getting paid. It would be nice to have a talent like him on the roster but at the end of the day he wanted out. We ended up with Eric Wood in return which isn't that bad. It worked out for both teams.

If you are 100% sure Nix would have gotten somthing done it will be interesting to see what happens with Pears, Urbik and Bell since they are all UFA's at the end of the season. Next year it will be time to extend Wood and Levitre.
There is a big difference between knowing that you have to keep a franchise LT who is 26 years old and signing a RG or RT that you signed off the street the year before and a LT no one is sure about and oft-injured.

IMO, there is no way Nix would have allowed a talented, road-grating LT like Peters leave. A lot of players in the NFL have had disputes with their teams and still signed contracts and continued to play for them.

MattyNH
11-08-2011, 10:57 AM
There is a big difference between knowing that you have to keep a franchise LT who is 26 years old and signing a RG or RT that you signed off the street the year before and a LT no one is sure about and oft-injured.

IMO, there is no way Nix would have allowed a talented, road-grating LT like Peters leave. A lot of players in the NFL have had disputes with their teams and still signed contracts and continued to play for them.

If you are right then he will resign Wood and Levitre. At this point that is what is important to me, Peters has been gone for years at this point. Nix will get his chance to prove your theory.

ddaryl
11-08-2011, 11:27 AM
**** Peters

at what point do you just realize the guy never wanted to be here and passed up on $9 mil a season the Bills offered the guy.

Glad he is gone... and to be honest he has not lived up to the $9.5 million pay check the Eagle have given him.

better days
11-08-2011, 12:23 PM

As others have said the Bills got good value for Peters. I would not trade Wood & Levitre for him & I doubt many Bills fans would.

DraftBoy
11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
As others have said the Bills got good value for Peters. I would not trade Wood & Levitre for him & I doubt many Bills fans would.

We did get good value but I certainly would.

Putting Peters at LT and Bell at RT would be very nice.

better days
11-08-2011, 12:31 PM

Yeah, they could spend a lot time together in the trainers room while their back ups are playing.

You are one of the FEW people that would trade Wood & Levitre for Peters.

ServoBillieves
11-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Madden don't lie, and this isn't Bills related.

Transfer, next.

Philagape
11-08-2011, 01:10 PM
The thing about Peters is, he admitted that during his contract dispute, he did not give his all on the field. He admitted it. The man whose job is to safeguard the QB, someone the QB has to have blind faith in to protect his well-being. He dogged it.

That alone makes him a despicable, low-life cancer who does not deserve one damn dime of the team's money. Sure, he's good when he feels like it, but what about the next time he's disgruntled?

He's a good fit for the Eagles because they have a lefty QB. But I'd never put my QB's safety in his hands. Getting Wood and Levitre for that piece of trash was the best trade the Bills ever made.

Mahdi
11-08-2011, 03:20 PM
**** Peters

at what point do you just realize the guy never wanted to be here and passed up on $9 mil a season the Bills offered the guy.

Glad he is gone... and to be honest he has not lived up to the $9.5 million pay check the Eagle have given him.
He is certainly living up to his paycheck. He is in a division where he protects against Umenyiora, Orakpo and Ware yet he is still a PB automatic.

DraftBoy
11-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Yeah, they could spend a lot time together in the trainers room while their back ups are playing.

You are one of the FEW people that would trade Wood & Levitre for Peters.

You mean the guy who got benched for backups and the OC who has his own issues with injuries? Not a huge loss on either, easily replacable with a half way decent scouting staff.

Goobylal
11-08-2011, 04:05 PM
...yet they lost, are 3-5 and out of the playoff race. The $10M/year is better spent elsewhere.

mayotm
11-08-2011, 05:34 PM
You mean the guy who got benched for backups and the OC who has his own issues with injuries? Not a huge loss on either, easily replacable with a half way decent scouting staff.
A half way decent scouting staff, huh? I suppose adding you to the staff would be an upgrade?

RoscoeMagic
11-08-2011, 05:49 PM

Wow, just wow.

DraftBoy
11-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Wow, just wow.

I know, could you imagine have two very good to elite OT's? One day...

RoscoeMagic
11-08-2011, 06:46 PM
My friend, we'd have no center or LG! This staff doesn't like Bell at all, I doubt we even resign the oft-injured softie. Oft-injured softie, am I talking Bell or Peters? Both!

Plus Bell has never taken a snap at right tackle in his NFL career, how are you calling him a very good to elite RT with a straight face?

I'll give you Peters, hell I'd love to have Peters man down the LT spot. But not at the cost of Levitre AND Wood because where would that leave us at C and LG?? It'd be upgrading the LT spot but creating two holes at the same time. I'll pass as I'm sure the Bills and most fans would, as better days said.

The Jokeman
11-08-2011, 06:57 PM
You mean like in the early 90s? To this day I continue to lament that poisoned pill contract the Colts signed Wolford to.

My friend, we'd have no center or LG! This staff doesn't like Bell at all, I doubt we even resign the oft-injured softie. Oft-injured softie, am I talking Bell or Peters? Both!

Plus Bell has never taken a snap at right tackle in his NFL career, how are you calling him a very good to elite RT with a straight face?

I'll give you Peters, hell I'd love to have Peters man down the LT spot. But not at the cost of Levitre AND Wood because where would that leave us at C and LG?? It'd be upgrading the LT spot but creating two holes at the same time. I'll pass as I'm sure the Bills and most fans would, as better days said.
How would trading Peters cost us both Levitre and Wood? One could argue Wood based on the pick we got for Peters turned into Wood but we traded up to acquire Levitre which leave us a hole at C. While Wood's been good he's certainly not worth losing Peters IMHO.

DraftBoy
11-08-2011, 06:59 PM

You assume we'd do nothing to address the open OC or OG spots? Come on let's be a little realistic.

Ive always been very clear that I think given Bell's ability he projects better to the RT and had the potential to be a very good to dominant RT.

RoscoeMagic
11-08-2011, 07:04 PM
How would trading Peters cost us both Levitre and Wood? One could argue Wood based on the pick we got for Peters turned into Wood but we traded up to acquire Levitre which leave us a hole at C. While Wood's been good he's certainly not worth losing Peters IMHO.
I don't know man, I didn't bring it up, I was just responding to the remark that Levitre and Wood would be worth trading for Peters which I obviously don't think that'd be a prudent trade.

The Jokeman
11-08-2011, 07:07 PM
I don't know man, I didn't bring it up, I was just responding to the remark that Levitre and Wood would be worth trading for Peters which I obviously don't think that'd be a prudent trade.
I've felt that prior to this year that Levitre's been the better player between him and Wood and be all for it. As Draftboy eludes there's no doubt we'd do something to shore up the Center position which is a helluva lot easier than a Pro Bowl caliber LT.

RoscoeMagic
11-08-2011, 07:09 PM
You assume we'd do nothing to address the open OC or OG spots? Come on let's be a little realistic.

Ive always been very clear that I think given Bell's ability he projects better to the RT and had the potential to be a very good to dominant RT.

My point being, we have Hairston and Pears currently for tackle depth whereas it's Rinehart and Colin Brown if we lose Wood and Levitre.

Wood and Levitre are paving the way for Fred Jackson to rush for 1600 yards I don't see why we would want to disassemble that for a guy in Jason Peters who has made it clear he doesn't want to play in Buffalo. I don't doubt his talent, but if we did get him back, would his mind be in it to play up to his ability?

Well maybe another team can try Bell out at RT because I highly doubt this coaching staff will. We'll see eventually if you're right about him I suppose. He could be a solid RT IMO, I won't say he won't, but he's not getting that chance with us.

RoscoeMagic
11-08-2011, 07:13 PM
I've felt that prior to this year that Levitre's been the better player between him and Wood and be all for it. As Draftboy eludes there's no doubt we'd do something to shore up the Center position which is a helluva lot easier than a Pro Bowl caliber LT.
I agree on Levitre, he's been our best, but Wood has been our best center in a long time. You say it's easy to sure up the C position but I don't want to have to sit through any more Melvin Fowlers, Hangartners, and Trey Teagues. I think Wood may be a tad overrated, but by no means do I want to get rid of hm. He's young and coming into his own very well, as is Levitre. I like the interior chemistry there with them and Urbik.

DraftBoy
11-08-2011, 07:13 PM
My point being, we have Hairston and Pears currently for tackle depth whereas it's Rinehart and Colin Brown if we lose Wood and Levitre.

Wood and Levitre are paving the way for Fred Jackson to rush for 1600 yards I don't see why we would want to disassemble that for a guy in Jason Peters who has made it clear he doesn't want to play in Buffalo. I don't doubt his talent, but if we did get him back, would his mind be in it to play up to his ability?

Well maybe another team can try Bell out at RT because I highly doubt this coaching staff will. We'll see eventually if you're right about him I suppose. He could be a solid RT IMO, I won't say he won't, but he's not getting that chance with us.

To be honest I dont take Peters attitude into any account. I look at it from purely a talent stand point because that's what I do.

If we paid Peters then his attitude would of been just fine.

The Jokeman
11-08-2011, 07:15 PM

Draftboy is just eluding to the fact that when you have Pro Bowl talent at LT it's foolish to give up for talent at the G or C position which are consider easier to replace which I tend to agree with. I think it's funny people don't think Peters didn't want to play here, I think he did up until the prior regime decided to play hard ball and not show him the money he was looking for.

RoscoeMagic
11-08-2011, 07:18 PM
To be honest I dont take Peters attitude into any account. I look at it from purely a talent stand point because that's what I do.

I agree with that.

The Jokeman
11-08-2011, 07:21 PM
I agree on Levitre, he's been our best, but Wood has been our best center in a long time. You say it's easy to sure up the C position but I don't want to have to sit through any more Melvin Fowlers, Hangartners, and Trey Teagues. I think Wood may be a tad overrated, but by no means do I want to get rid of hm. He's young and coming into his own very well, as is Levitre. I like the interior chemistry there with them and Urbik.
Considering most draftniks felt that Levire was drafted well before he was graded there's a possibility we could have drafted Wood where we took Levitre (or Jarius Byrd) and still landed Levitre later on.

pmoon6
11-08-2011, 09:39 PM
It's nice to see that it doesn't matter what message board you go to, Bills' fans are the same.

Oaf
11-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Looking forward, will we/should we go for a Hairston/Bell combo at the T spots? Will Pears stick or be replaced?

better days
11-08-2011, 11:00 PM

LT's need to be better pass blockers to protect the QB's blind side. They need to be quick & athletic to handle speed rushers. I think Bell fits that description.

RT's need to be better rush blockers, therefore they need more strength & mass. I don't think that is Bell myself.

Bell's position is LT. If he is a Bill next year or on another team, I would bet he will be at LT.

better days
11-08-2011, 11:06 PM
You mean like in the early 90s? To this day I continue to lament that poisoned pill contract the Colts signed Wolford to.

I said I would not trade Levitre & Wood for Peters today. Draftboy said he would make that trade.

better days
11-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Looking forward, will we/should we go for a Hairston/Bell combo at the T spots? Will Pears stick or be replaced?

I think Pears will be resigned, but I don't know if he will start. I think if Bell can be resigned at the right price the Bills will do that, but he may price himself off the team.

DraftBoy
11-09-2011, 07:07 AM
LT's need to be better pass blockers to protect the QB's blind side. They need to be quick & athletic to handle speed rushers. I think Bell fits that description.

RT's need to be better rush blockers, therefore they need more strength & mass. I don't think that is Bell myself.

Bell's position is LT. If he is a Bill next year or on another team, I would bet he will be at LT.

I completely disagree with that entire evaluation. From what Ive seen when Bell struggles its been with the outside speed rusher. He's done a very good job anchoring down v. power rushers. You saw that when he was in college as well. His tech needs to keep improving because he still doesnt punch as well as I wish he did but I still see him as the ideal RT because he can be a more athletic RT than status quo.

better days
11-09-2011, 08:44 AM
I completely disagree with that entire evaluation. From what Ive seen when Bell struggles its been with the outside speed rusher. He's done a very good job anchoring down v. power rushers. You saw that when he was in college as well. His tech needs to keep improving because he still doesnt punch as well as I wish he did but I still see him as the ideal RT because he can be a more athletic RT than status quo.

Well, if he faced many more power rushers, your analysis would have more merit, but everyone knows most teams put speed rushers against the LT & power rushers against the RT.

Like I said before Bell will be at LT next year, either for the Bills or another team. If you were right, that would not be the case.

DraftBoy
11-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Well, if he faced many more power rushers, your analysis would have more merit, but everyone knows most teams put speed rushers against the LT & power rushers against the RT.

Like I said before Bell will be at LT next year, either for the Bills or another team. If you were right, that would not be the case.

Yea thank you for stating the obvious however unlike (possibly) yourself I have watched Bell beyond just his play with the Bills.

While you're predicting the future can you give us all the winning lotto numbers to? You're assumptions at this point are only that, let's see what plays out.

Mahdi
11-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Yea thank you for stating the obvious however unlike (possibly) yourself I have watched Bell beyond just his play with the Bills.

While you're predicting the future can you give us all the winning lotto numbers to? You're assumptions at this point are only that, let's see what plays out.
Not sure I agree with this DB. From what I have seen with Bell he is a prototypical LT. He is a finesse blocker who excels against speed rushers.

Thinking back to games last year he was very good against James Harrison and Terrell Suggs. Also did well against Wake when he came over on to his side.

Bell's main issue has always been his strength as a run blocker which is typically the strength of a RT.

At this point in his career Bell is not suited for the right side. Maybe when he develops is run blocking skills more and gets stronger in the lower and upper body which he has improved on this season.

Mike
11-09-2011, 11:19 AM

There are some who will never understand that. When a player hold out for more money, there are many games that he will play, and the attitude game is one of them.

DraftBoy
11-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Not sure I agree with this DB. From what I have seen with Bell he is a prototypical LT. He is a finesse blocker who excels against speed rushers.

Thinking back to games last year he was very good against James Harrison and Terrell Suggs. Also did well against Wake when he came over on to his side.

Bell's main issue has always been his strength as a run blocker which is typically the strength of a RT.

At this point in his career Bell is not suited for the right side. Maybe when he develops is run blocking skills more and gets stronger in the lower and upper body which he has improved on this season.

I think he's strong enough in the lower body would need some work in the upper body. He anchors fine, has ideal balance, and decent footwork off the snap.

He struggles because he's not a natural bender, has a weak punch, and his kick step is too shallow. Move him to the right side and those issues are far less prevalent. I dont believe he can get stronger without a ton of effort.

Philagape
11-09-2011, 11:25 AM
A blindside tackle withholding his best effort is football terrorism, so giving in to a player's demands just to get him to give his all is appeasing a terrorist.
If you have to give a player a huge raise to get him to play his best, then he's not worth it. Take a stand for integrity, and take out the low-life cancerous trash.

better days
11-09-2011, 12:55 PM

Well, if I were stating the obvious, I would have said if you were such a great evaluator of talent, you would be working for an NFL team, not posting on a message board.

Time will tell, but I will bet you whatever you want that Bell will play LT NOT RT next year.