PDA

View Full Version : When the hell is Aaron Williams coming back?

BertSquirtgum
11-07-2011, 10:49 PM
This guy was kicked in the chest. How can a bruised chest keep a guy from playing for 4 damn weeks?

SquishDaFish
11-08-2011, 03:20 AM
This week

chernobylwraiths
11-08-2011, 06:30 AM
collarbone

Dr. Lecter
11-08-2011, 06:45 AM
It was not a bruised chest.

DBrown77
11-08-2011, 07:48 AM
This guy was kicked in the chest. How can a bruised chest keep a guy from playing for 4 damn weeks?

They never said what the actual injury was.

trapezeus
11-08-2011, 08:59 AM
he's on twitter and fairly active. you should ask him.

BertSquirtgum
11-08-2011, 09:03 AM
twitter is gay

madness
11-08-2011, 11:10 AM
He's practicing but not cleared for contact as of this past week.

Aaron Williams closer to return (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/10/31/aaron-williams-closer-to-return/)

<small>Posted by Chris Brown on <abbr title="2011-10-31T15:26:43+0000"> October 31, 2011 – 3:26 pm </abbr> </small>

Bills CB Aaron Williams, who suffered a shoulder/chest injury back in Week 3 looks like he’ll return to the practice setting this week. Playing on Sunday however, is a different matter.
“Aaron’s probably one more week away but he’s going to try to get on the practice field this week and do some things,” said head coach Chan Gailey.
“Before you get in the game you must practice,” Williams told Buffalobills.com. ”I can’t press (receivers) right now. It all depends on how I can take a hit on my shoulder and how much contact I can deal with. I’m trying to get my strength back. I got a little small and a little weak, so I’m trying to get my strength back.”

BertSquirtgum
11-08-2011, 11:16 AM
What a pussy

Beebe
11-08-2011, 07:03 PM
:laughing: NICE

madness
11-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Aaron Williams update (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/11/10/aaron-williams-update-2/)

<small>Posted by Chris Brown on <abbr title="2011-11-10T16:17:25+0000"> November 10, 2011 – 4:17 pm </abbr> </small>

Thursday was the first day of contact practice for CB Aaron Williams and head coach Chan Gailey was encouraged by what the rookie cornerback was able to do.
Williams has been out of the lineup since Week 3 when he suffered a chest/shoulder injury. While he has been practicing the past week or so he has been unable to take part in any contact drills until today (Thursday). Gailey commented on Williams chances for Sunday’s game.
“Aaron Williams had a good day,” Gailey said. ”He’s continuing to come along. He may play this week, he may not. It probably has more to do with how much he remembers and retains with respect to game plan than it does with his health.”
Williams was still listed as limited in practice Thursday. With Terrence McGee, Drayton Florence and Leodis McKelvin ready to play and with Reggie Corner and Justin Rogers in reserve, there doesn’t appear to be an overwhelming urgency from the defensive staff to push Williams back into the lineup prematurely whether it deals with the physical or mental aspects of the game.

BertSquirtgum
11-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Some guy fell on him. I don't get how he could have gotten hurt so badly.

k-oneputt
11-11-2011, 07:36 AM
What about D. Bell ? What's that guys story ?

And some here don't think we still need to draft a o-tackle.

PromoTheRobot
11-11-2011, 08:16 AM
It was not a bruised chest.
Don't argue with Hurky. If he thinks Williams is a wuss he must be.

PTR

RoscoeMagic
11-11-2011, 08:28 AM
What about D. Bell ? What's that guys story ?

And some here don't think we still need to draft a o-tackle.

Who the hell thinks we don't need to draft an offensive tackle?? If for nothing else, depth if they wanna run Hairston and Pears again next year we would only have Sam Young behind them.

Sorry, Bell's not getting resigned. He's gonna want starter money and Buffalo wants Hairston to start at LT, so he's walking. Seriously though, I don't know what his deal is, he was supposed to be back for the Redskins or Jets game at the latest and he isn't even close apparently.

I am eager to see Aaron Williams come back, although right now we probably won't need him for a few weeks given we don't really play a spread offense soon and we still have 3 corners ahead of him. I assume Corner would get cut and we'll activate someone from the PS but who knows.

we are
11-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Seriously if the dude is hurt he cant play...I mean Why don't you go get hurt in am NFL game and see how ling it takes you to recover?

RoscoeMagic
11-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Seriously if the dude is hurt he cant play...I mean Why don't you go get hurt in am NFL game and see how ling it takes you to recover?

I agree and I'd rather not rush him either considering the trio currently ahead of him. If one or more of McGee/Florence/McKelvin was hurt right now, I'd say there's a better chance we would have seen a litle bit of Williams last week and definitely more this week.

k-oneputt
11-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Who the hell thinks we don't need to draft an offensive tackle?? If for nothing else, depth if they wanna run Hairston and Pears again next year we would only have Sam Young behind them.

Sorry, Bell's not getting resigned. He's gonna want starter money and Buffalo wants Hairston to start at LT, so he's walking. Seriously though, I don't know what his deal is, he was supposed to be back for the Redskins or Jets game at the latest and he isn't even close apparently.

I am eager to see Aaron Williams come back, although right now we probably won't need him for a few weeks given we don't really play a spread offense soon and we still have 3 corners ahead of him. I assume Corner would get cut and we'll activate someone from the PS but who knows.

I agree with you on Bell. He was playing well I thought but the last couple of years this guy is always injured, and they can't pay him big money. O-tackle is right up near the top of next years draft board.
I really like A. Williams. I think they will sit him again this week and he will be back for Miami.

Figster
11-12-2011, 05:43 AM
It would be nice to have A Williams back 100% before we face the Jets again because he may be the only DB the Bills have that's physical enough to handle Burress one on one.

Stopping Plaxico Burress should be near the top of the list of things the Bills need to do in order to beat the Jets in my opinion.

Goobylal
11-12-2011, 08:41 AM
They're not going to draft an OT high. They'll re-sign Pears and have Hairston be the LT. Bell will likely walk because he'll likely command big money on the market and his injury problems might scare the Bills away from giving him the big money deal.

better days
11-12-2011, 08:46 AM
They're not going to draft an OT high. They'll re-sign Pears and have Hairston be the LT. Bell will likely walk because he'll likely command big money on the market and his injury problems might scare the Bills away from giving him the big money deal.

Well, his injury problems may scare other teams away as well. If he wants to stay in Buffalo, he will sign a reasonable contract, if not he will price himself out

Buddo
11-13-2011, 03:12 AM
Well, his injury problems may scare other teams away as well. If he wants to stay in Buffalo, he will sign a reasonable contract, if not he will price himself out

QFT.
Bell's problem is that he's only 'flashed' being a decent LT. Injuries have prevented him from proving he can be, consistently.
While he probably deserves a reasonable deal, especially considering he was only a 7th round pick originally, he's unlikely to get anywhere near close to 'starting' LT money.
Imho, his best bet will be to sign a moderate contract for just a few years (3) and prove he is a genuine LT starter in the NFL. Then he can get a justified big payday for his next deal.
TBH, unless he gets back pdq, and lights it up, that's the only way I see him continuing his career with the Bills. Someone will probably offer him more money than we will, but it won't be loads more.
The thing is, he still has potential to improve, but without getting on the field, he'll never realize it, and that will also hurt his value.

JCBills
11-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Some guy fell on him. I don't get how he could have gotten hurt so badly.

Lol

psubills62
11-13-2011, 01:23 PM
My word, we need him. Can't be any worse than the pile of dog poop we have at the position now.

Crisis
11-13-2011, 01:25 PM
You know things are bad when you're putting all your hope into a rookie corner who looked average at best when he wasn't hurt.