• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

If Miller is in net, we need to score 5 or more every game

Perfect game to give Miller a chance to let 5 goals in for the whole game, the game was as ugly as sin.

Both teams looked horrible & Miller is not playing world class hockey.

EDIT: Every loss at home has Miller in the net & Miller hasn't lost one away game yet, which tells me he is dealing with something at home that he is not dealing with while away. Moral of the story is that we need to play Enroth at home & Miller away, LOL.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule...buffalo-sabres
    Last edited by Skooby; 11-09-2011, 11:07 AM.
  • SpillerThrills
    • Oct 2005

Re: If Miller is in net, we need to score 5 or more every game

did you really need to make another thread to ***** about Miller???? we all understand that you don't like him and would rather see Enroth who hasn't even played 1/2 a season as an NHLer.... yes Miller is struggling, but he's not gonna get any better or more confident by sitting on the bench. Defense sucked for both teams all game long, yes there were a couple goals that Miller needed to stop, but didn't. ***** happens. be happy we aren't Atlanta and lose our team.
    2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
    2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
    2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
    2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SpillerThrills
      did you really need to make another thread to ***** about Miller???? we all understand that you don't like him and would rather see Enroth who hasn't even played 1/2 a season as an NHLer.... yes Miller is struggling, but he's not gonna get any better or more confident by sitting on the bench. Defense sucked for both teams all game long, yes there were a couple goals that Miller needed to stop, but didn't. ***** happens. be happy we aren't Atlanta and lose our team.
      We need to collect all the points we can get & babysitting Miller with his poor attitude is not going to make it all better. I cannot see how anyone in their right mind is happy with this garbage we are witnessing. Miller sucks & he doesn't give us the best chance to get all those precious points needed to enter the real season (Playoffs).

P.S. OP is right, giving up points to conference opponents is a kiss of death down the line, win or lose in OT.
      Last edited by Skooby; 11-08-2011, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

lmao

some fans are so freakin stupid
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• SpillerThrills
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
          We need to collect all the points we can get & babysitting Miller with his poor attitude is not going to make it all better. I cannot see how anyone in their right mind is happy with this garbage we are witnessing. Miller sucks & he doesn't give us the best chance to get all those precious points needed to enter the real season (Playoffs).

P.S. OP is right, giving up points to conference opponents is a kiss of death down the line, win or lose in OT.

are you and OP related??? twin brothers maybe???? I understand that points are important, I'm not debating that. but i would rather have Miller hit a rough skid early in the season like he is now than late in the year when we're in a playoff race. no goalie is gonna have a perfect year, no matter what his name is.
          2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
          2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
          2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
          2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Meathead
            lmao

some fans are so freakin stupid
            Field the best team, that gives you highest probability of victory. If that's stupidity then you're Steven Hawkins after a severe stroke.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SpillerThrills
              are you and OP related??? twin brothers maybe???? I understand that points are important, I'm not debating that. but i would rather have Miller hit a rough skid early in the season like he is now than late in the year when we're in a playoff race. no goalie is gonna have a perfect year, no matter what his name is.
              I don't want a perfect year, I just want a goalie that's currently playing at a better than average NHL level. That isn't Ryan Miller out there, that's a man with his mind on other things. Great family guy, go home & play with your kids.
              Last edited by Skooby; 11-08-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

Miller was shaky, but the defense in front of him was ten times worse. Myers-Sekera was face palm worthy all night.

People trying to run him out of town after two bad games where he's gotten no defensive help are idiots.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Crisis
                  Miller was shaky, but the defense in front of him was ten times worse. Myers-Sekera was face palm worthy all night.

People trying to run him out of town after two bad games where he's gotten no defensive help are idiots.
                  I'm not saying we need to get rid of him or run him out of town, you play the hotter goaltender. You're telling me right now that Miller gives the Sabres a better chance to win versus Enroth right now??

Enroth plays 2 out of the 3 games this weekend, that's my prediction.

Comment

• G Wolly
                    • Mar 2004

Enroth is playing better than Miller is.

Deal with it.

Comment

• Crisis
                      • Aug 2004

Marty Biron is playing better than Lundqvist.

Small sample sizes = irrelevant points
                      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                      Vanek is Austrian not European
                      Originally posted by Prov401
                      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                      Originally posted by better days
                      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Electrici
                        • May 2003

Worry about getting your own 2 points first and worry about "conference gimme points" later. Sabres are 3 or 4 points back from the Conference lead with a game in hand. Clearly, they are the worst team ever and Miller should be in the minors.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Electrici
                          Worry about getting your own 2 points first and worry about "conference gimme points" later. Sabres are 3 or 4 points back from the Conference lead with a game in hand. Clearly, they are the worst team ever and Miller should be in the minors.
                          You play the players that are playing the best, that's how you win. Do you remember sitting the Captain of the team last season, is it because he was our best player or other people were playing better.

I know it's unpopular but Enroth is playing better than Miller, by a landslide. If Miller needs to play house for a little while, go nuts & lets watch the team win with Enroth in net.

Originally posted by Crisis
                          Marty Biron is playing better than Lundqvist.

Small sample sizes = irrelevant points
                          These guys are not on our team & Marty Biron is not a undefeated rookie, so weigh that back in the equation.
                          Last edited by Skooby; 11-09-2011, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Electrici
                            no, you don't worry about conference "gimmie" points later. You worry about them while you're playing the game because that's when you have the opportunity to ensure that the other team doesn't get one.

If you worry about them later, you could end up finding out that the 2 or 3 conference "gimmie" points that you gave up bite you in the ass in terms of playoff positioning.

I didn't see the game last night and I only heard the 3rd period on the radio, but it sounds like Myers played like **** again, Miller was shaky, and in the 3rd period there was a lot of 5-on-4 PP time that wasn't utilized effectively (the PP goal in the 3rd was a 5 on 3, and the game winner in OT was a 4-on-3). It was good to see Roy break his slump but this team still has serious issues.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SkateZilla
                              • Dec 2002

80% of the goals against miller this season have been on Defensive lapses,

Players on Breakaways, Players Skating to the net untouched, players intercepting bad passes and going to the net un touched, players get 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances at the puck when the defense shoulda done cleared it away from the crease.

review the GDT, and look at how many times Myers and Sekera's names were involved... if it wasnt one it was the other leaving people un attended, and everytime they skate in on miller alone.

Its not just the Defensmen either, the only Two Forwards i saw making an effort to get back and play D was Vanek and Roy (sometimes Adam and Gaustad). for the most part they seem to float in the DZone, and be the first to turn and skate out of the zone when we dont have clear possesion or when we do, but we are still pinned to the end boards, thus leading to odd man advantage down low for the other team.
                              Skate Zilla
                              -----------------------
                              Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                              SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

Working...
                              X