PDA

View Full Version : If Miller is in net, we need to score 5 or more every game

Skooby
11-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Perfect game to give Miller a chance to let 5 goals in for the whole game, the game was as ugly as sin.

Both teams looked horrible & Miller is not playing world class hockey.

EDIT: Every loss at home has Miller in the net & Miller hasn't lost one away game yet, which tells me he is dealing with something at home that he is not dealing with while away. Moral of the story is that we need to play Enroth at home & Miller away, LOL.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule...buffalo-sabres (http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule/_/name/buf/buffalo-sabres)

SpillerThrills
11-08-2011, 09:12 PM
did you really need to make another thread to ***** about Miller???? we all understand that you don't like him and would rather see Enroth who hasn't even played 1/2 a season as an NHLer.... yes Miller is struggling, but he's not gonna get any better or more confident by sitting on the bench. Defense sucked for both teams all game long, yes there were a couple goals that Miller needed to stop, but didn't. ***** happens. be happy we aren't Atlanta and lose our team.

Skooby
11-08-2011, 09:20 PM
did you really need to make another thread to ***** about Miller???? we all understand that you don't like him and would rather see Enroth who hasn't even played 1/2 a season as an NHLer.... yes Miller is struggling, but he's not gonna get any better or more confident by sitting on the bench. Defense sucked for both teams all game long, yes there were a couple goals that Miller needed to stop, but didn't. ***** happens. be happy we aren't Atlanta and lose our team.

We need to collect all the points we can get & babysitting Miller with his poor attitude is not going to make it all better. I cannot see how anyone in their right mind is happy with this garbage we are witnessing. Miller sucks & he doesn't give us the best chance to get all those precious points needed to enter the real season (Playoffs).

P.S. OP is right, giving up points to conference opponents is a kiss of death down the line, win or lose in OT.

Meathead
11-08-2011, 09:21 PM
lmao

some fans are so freakin stupid

SpillerThrills
11-08-2011, 09:27 PM
We need to collect all the points we can get & babysitting Miller with his poor attitude is not going to make it all better. I cannot see how anyone in their right mind is happy with this garbage we are witnessing. Miller sucks & he doesn't give us the best chance to get all those precious points needed to enter the real season (Playoffs).

P.S. OP is right, giving up points to conference opponents is a kiss of death down the line, win or lose in OT.

are you and OP related??? twin brothers maybe???? I understand that points are important, I'm not debating that. but i would rather have Miller hit a rough skid early in the season like he is now than late in the year when we're in a playoff race. no goalie is gonna have a perfect year, no matter what his name is.

Skooby
11-08-2011, 09:31 PM
lmao

some fans are so freakin stupid

Field the best team, that gives you highest probability of victory. If that's stupidity then you're Steven Hawkins after a severe stroke.

Skooby
11-08-2011, 09:33 PM
are you and OP related??? twin brothers maybe???? I understand that points are important, I'm not debating that. but i would rather have Miller hit a rough skid early in the season like he is now than late in the year when we're in a playoff race. no goalie is gonna have a perfect year, no matter what his name is.

I don't want a perfect year, I just want a goalie that's currently playing at a better than average NHL level. That isn't Ryan Miller out there, that's a man with his mind on other things. Great family guy, go home & play with your kids.

Crisis
11-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Miller was shaky, but the defense in front of him was ten times worse. Myers-Sekera was face palm worthy all night.

People trying to run him out of town after two bad games where he's gotten no defensive help are idiots.

Skooby
11-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Miller was shaky, but the defense in front of him was ten times worse. Myers-Sekera was face palm worthy all night.

People trying to run him out of town after two bad games where he's gotten no defensive help are idiots.

I'm not saying we need to get rid of him or run him out of town, you play the hotter goaltender. You're telling me right now that Miller gives the Sabres a better chance to win versus Enroth right now??

Enroth plays 2 out of the 3 games this weekend, that's my prediction.

G Wolly
11-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Enroth is playing better than Miller is.

Deal with it.

Crisis
11-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Marty Biron is playing better than Lundqvist.

Small sample sizes = irrelevant points

Electrici
11-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Worry about getting your own 2 points first and worry about "conference gimme points" later. Sabres are 3 or 4 points back from the Conference lead with a game in hand. Clearly, they are the worst team ever and Miller should be in the minors. :rolleyes:

Skooby
11-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Worry about getting your own 2 points first and worry about "conference gimme points" later. Sabres are 3 or 4 points back from the Conference lead with a game in hand. Clearly, they are the worst team ever and Miller should be in the minors. :rolleyes:

You play the players that are playing the best, that's how you win. Do you remember sitting the Captain of the team last season, is it because he was our best player or other people were playing better.

I know it's unpopular but Enroth is playing better than Miller, by a landslide. If Miller needs to play house for a little while, go nuts & lets watch the team win with Enroth in net.

Marty Biron is playing better than Lundqvist.

Small sample sizes = irrelevant points

These guys are not on our team & Marty Biron is not a undefeated rookie, so weigh that back in the equation.

OpIv37
11-09-2011, 08:13 AM

no, you don't worry about conference "gimmie" points later. You worry about them while you're playing the game because that's when you have the opportunity to ensure that the other team doesn't get one.

If you worry about them later, you could end up finding out that the 2 or 3 conference "gimmie" points that you gave up bite you in the ass in terms of playoff positioning.

I didn't see the game last night and I only heard the 3rd period on the radio, but it sounds like Myers played like **** again, Miller was shaky, and in the 3rd period there was a lot of 5-on-4 PP time that wasn't utilized effectively (the PP goal in the 3rd was a 5 on 3, and the game winner in OT was a 4-on-3). It was good to see Roy break his slump but this team still has serious issues.

SkateZilla
11-09-2011, 09:46 AM
80% of the goals against miller this season have been on Defensive lapses,

Players on Breakaways, Players Skating to the net untouched, players intercepting bad passes and going to the net un touched, players get 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances at the puck when the defense shoulda done cleared it away from the crease.

review the GDT, and look at how many times Myers and Sekera's names were involved... if it wasnt one it was the other leaving people un attended, and everytime they skate in on miller alone.

Its not just the Defensmen either, the only Two Forwards i saw making an effort to get back and play D was Vanek and Roy (sometimes Adam and Gaustad). for the most part they seem to float in the DZone, and be the first to turn and skate out of the zone when we dont have clear possesion or when we do, but we are still pinned to the end boards, thus leading to odd man advantage down low for the other team.

Skooby
11-09-2011, 10:16 AM
no, you don't worry about conference "gimmie" points later. You worry about them while you're playing the game because that's when you have the opportunity to ensure that the other team doesn't get one.

If you worry about them later, you could end up finding out that the 2 or 3 conference "gimmie" points that you gave up bite you in the ass in terms of playoff positioning.

I didn't see the game last night and I only heard the 3rd period on the radio, but it sounds like Myers played like **** again, Miller was shaky, and in the 3rd period there was a lot of 5-on-4 PP time that wasn't utilized effectively (the PP goal in the 3rd was a 5 on 3, and the game winner in OT was a 4-on-3). It was good to see Roy break his slump but this team still has serious issues.

You saved yourself a serious blood-pressure rise, Miller was giving off rebounds like nobodies business. Defense lapses occur when your goalie cannot control the puck as well you know, people forget that. Some of the goals were not his fault but only after some serious wires got crossed, Miller misplayed a few as well.

We got 1 net point on a conference opponent, yeah.

OpIv37
11-09-2011, 10:26 AM
80% of the goals against miller this season have been on Defensive lapses,

Players on Breakaways, Players Skating to the net untouched, players intercepting bad passes and going to the net un touched, players get 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances at the puck when the defense shoulda done cleared it away from the crease.

review the GDT, and look at how many times Myers and Sekera's names were involved... if it wasnt one it was the other leaving people un attended, and everytime they skate in on miller alone.

Its not just the Defensmen either, the only Two Forwards i saw making an effort to get back and play D was Vanek and Roy (sometimes Adam and Gaustad). for the most part they seem to float in the DZone, and be the first to turn and skate out of the zone when we dont have clear possesion or when we do, but we are still pinned to the end boards, thus leading to odd man advantage down low for the other team.

No doubt the D isn't playing up to par, but if it's on the D and not the goalie, explain why the team gives up a lot fewer goals with Enroth in net instead of Miller.

SkateZilla
11-09-2011, 10:32 AM
how many posts were hit behind enroth the last couple games?

goals are being scored the same way (defense miscues on someone and someone else gets a clear path to the net).

Skooby
11-09-2011, 10:34 AM
No doubt the D isn't playing up to par, but if it's on the D and not the goalie, explain why the team gives up a lot fewer goals with Enroth in net instead of Miller.

LOL, it's a fan's fantasy that certain players can't play poorly. Miller will improve, it's just obvious that he's not playing up to his standards. Enroth has no standard except winning this season, so I'll take winning first over debate.

Skooby
11-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Every loss at home has Miller in the net & Miller hasn't lost one away game yet, which tells me he is dealing with something at home that he is not dealing with while away. Moral of the story, play Enroth at home & Miller away (LOL).

http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule/_/name/buf/buffalo-sabres

SkateZilla
11-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Every loss at home has Miller in the net & Miller hasn't lost one away game yet, which tells me he is dealing with something at home that he is not dealing with while away. Moral of the story, play Enroth at home & Miller away (LOL).

http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/schedule/_/name/buf/buffalo-sabres

he lost 3-0 to tampa bay @ TB.. duh...

trapezeus
11-09-2011, 02:40 PM
miller's problems this year seem pretty pronounced. His glove isn't there, he is totally out of position.

It's not just one softie a game. its' 2-3. they come early. The momentum completely changes.

yes, the defense plays better for enroth. i think because they don't want to rely on him as much, but he is still coming up with monster saves where miller isn't.

I don't think you run miller out of town, but you start telling him. "this is 2005. WE want you to succeed and be the man for the job, but if you don't show us that, we are going to go with the guy who will." It's up to miller to interpret that the way he wants and respond. He's our goalie all year. no need to trash him by the wayside, but let's not coddle him through this experience.

Perhaps mitch is right, maybe he finds his game again on the road and enroth is your home goalie.

OpIv37
11-09-2011, 02:54 PM
The whole thing's just very frustrating. Miller had a bit of an off-year last year, but, on paper, he has a better D in front of him, and he has competent back-up to give him some rest for the first time since the year we had Biron/Conklyn.

Instead of regaining his Vezina form, he goes into the worst stretch of his career. Granted, the D hasn't given him as much help as expected, but there have been plenty of goals that were his fault as well. And it's early in the year and he's getting more rest than he usually does.

We know he can play. We've all seen him do it. Either something is in his head, or he's hurt and they're trying to keep the injury on the down-low.

SkateZilla
11-09-2011, 08:52 PM
keyword.. on paper.

G Wolly
11-09-2011, 11:18 PM
We know he can play. We've all seen him do it. Either something is in his head, or he's hurt and they're trying to keep the injury on the down-low.

His injury is called marriage.

Skooby
11-10-2011, 07:44 AM
His injury is called marriage.

Lol.

SkateZilla
11-10-2011, 09:56 AM
we all knew this was gonna happen when the news broke he got married...

OpIv37
11-10-2011, 10:15 AM
we all knew this was gonna happen when the news broke he got married...

That is true- a lot of people expressed concerns about it.

But what's different about Miller? A lot of pro athletes are either married or scoring with top-notch tail and it doesn't affect their play.

Mski
11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
That is true- a lot of people expressed concerns about it.

But what's different about Miller? A lot of pro athletes are either married or scoring with top-notch tail and it doesn't affect their play.he's shown time and time again, he's emotionally fragile, atleast when it comes to his play, and that would upset his delicate balance

SkateZilla
11-10-2011, 10:34 AM
he has a lot of midichlorians...

Crisis
11-10-2011, 11:30 AM
I love all the armchair psychologists on here.

SkateZilla
11-10-2011, 12:13 PM
remember the shrink scene from Major League II,

yeah, replace Vaughn with Miller.

OpIv37
11-10-2011, 12:17 PM

Well, something is affecting Miller's head because he obviously isn't playing at the same level he was before, and he's still too young for age to be a big factor.

SkateZilla
11-10-2011, 01:17 PM
the problem isnt exactly defense, but more back checking, breakout and covering the right man.

as we kinda have the #2 PK in the league.

Skooby
11-10-2011, 04:59 PM

Tiger Woods tried to get help for chasing tail & lost his edge, so much for breaking all the records. If Tiger's wife had half a brain, she would of watched him play another 7 years of games & split a Billion with him.

She's probably sitting with her parents on the mountain watching elk piss.

DrGraves
11-11-2011, 09:27 AM
mitch i just wish you would stop posting. sigh.

SkateZilla
11-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Top ten is top teir.... out of 30 teams / 30 starting goalies....

1-10 Top tier
11-20 mid tier
21-30 bottom tier

31+ Scrub tier

Skooby
11-11-2011, 12:01 PM
mitch i just wish you would stop posting. sigh.

I'm not trying to be negative, I just don't like fielding a team less competitive then needed. The same defense plays in front of Enroth & Miller. Enroth hasn't lost this year & has sic stats, so why is he sitting ?

Enroth is a 23 year old, think there might be an upside here versus Miller who is falling off his peak right now ?

OpIv37
11-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Honestly, and people on here aren't going to like this, but the Vezina season is probably more of an aberration than last year. He's probably top 10, but he's definitely not top tier............

I'm not ready to agree with you just yet that the Vezina year was an aberration, but I'm headed in that direction. If he doesn't pull his head out of his ass soon and start looking like he did 2 years ago, then I will agree with you.

SkateZilla
11-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Not even close to being right, you honestly just pulled something completely out of your ass.

maybe thats why my stomach feels better, thanks for pointing that out....

Skooby
11-11-2011, 09:11 PM
We still taking about taking a 5-0 goalie of the net, does that even make sense ?

CuseJetsFan83
11-12-2011, 01:51 PM
you know the more i read MMD's posts they remind me of skooby