PDA

View Full Version : the All-22

trapezeus
11-09-2011, 09:05 AM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203716204577015903150731054.html

I found this article interesting and saddening. the NFL doesn't really have a good excuse other than "we don't want to hurt people's feelings. We'll let them get brain damage, but letting people second guess them despite the fact this happens all the time anyway, we won't stand for."

the NFL is so confusing on their beliefs at times.

Thoughts on this article? I really wish we did get the bird's eye viewfor games.

stuckincincy
11-09-2011, 09:16 AM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203716204577015903150731054.html

I found this article interesting and saddening. the NFL doesn't really have a good excuse other than "we don't want to hurt people's feelings. We'll let them get brain damage, but letting people second guess them despite the fact this happens all the time anyway, we won't stand for."

the NFL is so confusing on their beliefs at times.

Thoughts on this article? I really wish we did get the bird's eye viewfor games.

Nice article - bonehead coaching! So true

You've jogged a memory. Couple 'o years ago, I saw an angle I've never seen before - a view from the ez up high . Don't remember the teams, but somebody was describing in detail what was going on. Haven't seen such before or after.

madness
11-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Without the expanded frame, fans often have no idea why many plays turn out the way they do, or if the TV analysts are giving them correct information. On a recent Sunday, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith threw a deep pass to tight end Delanie Walker for a 26-yard touchdown. Daryl Johnston, the Fox color man working the game, said Smith's throw was "placed perfectly" and that Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Corey Lynch was "a little bit late getting there."

Greg Cosell, producer of the ESPN program "NFL Matchup," who is one of the few people with access to All-22 footage, said the 49ers had purposely overloaded the right side of the field so each receiver would only be covered by one defender. Lynch, the safety, wasn't late getting there, Cosell says. He was doing his job and covering somebody else. Johnston could not be reached for comment.

:rofl:

Who'd want more informed analyst and fans? If the NFL wasn't so busy focusing on the negative, they'd realize this would only bring fans closer to the game and ultimately have an even bigger impact on popularity of this sport. Yes, there possibly would be more controversial matters but that's what sells!

Oaf
11-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Why can't we watch games from the "Madden POV"? That would be great as well, especially for a former QB..

DraftBoy
11-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Ive seen the angle of film (CFB not NFL), Ive seen every angle that the TV camera shoot. When I tell you its a completely different game when you can watch from the non-TV angles I really mean it.

Oaf
11-09-2011, 11:23 AM
When I tell you its a completely different game when you can watch from the non-TV angles I really mean it.

I worked in the film room at Michigan and agree. What did you think was most significant about it?

djjimkelly
11-09-2011, 12:08 PM
speaking of all 22 tape a friend of mine and myself having been dying to find a source for all 22 tape.

this tape doesnt lie you get a perfect view and can easily figure out who has game and who doesnt

that being said anyone have access to this tape and if so can u share ? PLEASE

Forward_Lateral
11-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Do you want my honest opinion on the soul reason they won't release the All 22 view to fans? Gambling.

djjimkelly
11-09-2011, 12:13 PM
i guess the answer is no chance anyone with a brain could eventually coach if they released this tape

DraftBoy
11-09-2011, 12:14 PM
I worked in the film room at Michigan and agree. What did you think was most significant about it?
DB's and WR's.

I can see the line play on TV, I can see the RB, and the QB.

I can see the DB's in coverage, the WR's routes, or LB drops.

trapezeus
11-09-2011, 01:09 PM
the advantage would be to see what the QB's are looking at. This isn't pick up football. people aren't wide open the entire route. You are making throws before the breaks. If you see guys splitting the wrong way, etc, its mroe compelling.

That's why i love going to the game, you get to see where the safeties are and what pre read you think you've got. And you can follow what you think is a good option (without knowing the receivers routes). It just makes it more interesting.

I really don't care about line play in the sense of "what is the scheme"

Oaf
11-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Maybe the indirect effect would be slightly less demand for ticket sales? :idunno:

trapezeus
11-09-2011, 02:34 PM
i think if people really got to evalute game film and pick it apart, it would give gamblers a bigger advantage.

I'm sure as much as the NFL wags its one finger at vegas and betting, they get paid nicely through the lobbyists of the gaming commissions. Anything that makes it harder to set a spread makes the books harder to run.

Again, the general interest of populace and what the majority of fans would like is run into the ground by lobbyists and special interests.

RoscoeMagic
11-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Very interesting article, thanks! My favorite part:

On a Buffalo Bills fan site called "The Buffalo Range," one message-board member said "I've been dying for them to release it for years. Please help me stuff the ballot box."

Why didn't they come to the Zone? :scratch:

ddaryl
11-09-2011, 03:05 PM
I would love the option to dissect the game..

It would be great to have 2 TV's one with the game on and another with the all 22 view..

Coach Sal
11-09-2011, 05:10 PM
If you subscribe to NFL.com's Gamerewind (which I do), they give you the All-22 of select big plays of each game. Only a handful, but it's still cool to watch.

Here's a shot of the NE game. This was right before Donald Jones' long ball down the left sideline.

RedEyE
11-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Using ALL22 it would have been interesting to see the positioning on the official that called Stevie Johnson "incompletion" in that game against Cincy. I was at that game and from my view the official was behind Stevie and the defender being blocked from viewing the catch. No way anyone can make that call unless they have x-ray vision.

better days
11-10-2011, 07:07 AM
I posted before the technology is available to give us a choice of all the different cameras in use at the game. Too bad they won't do it.