PDA

View Full Version : Bills = Patriots

Mike
11-09-2011, 11:29 AM
IF you look at the Bills and the Patriots, these two teams mirror each other. Both are explosive -when playing well- on offense and have a defense that leaves a lot to be desired. Both have lost 3 games and have a hard time playing teams with decent offenses and good to great defenses. Both teams lost to the Giants, Pats lost to a great Steelers defense while the Bills have lost to the Jets and Bangles.

These two teams are mirror images of each other. Even on defense, both have very good DT/NT and lineman, LB are decent and both secondaries suck. On offense, both employ a short passing game predicated on good QB play. The Pats have a better QB, TE, and WR while the Bills have a far better RB.

bf1
11-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Agreed

Oaf
11-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Just because our records are 5-3, we've lost close games, and our O's are good doesn't make us the same teams.

Mr. Pink
11-09-2011, 02:54 PM
We can run the football - they can't

They have a HOF QB - we don't

They have a HOF WR - we don't

Their O-line gives their QB all day to throw - we don't

Mirror images, huh? Sure.

HendersonD06
11-09-2011, 03:27 PM
As a Jets fan... The Bills and Patriots offense are NOTHING alike. Even though we've had plenty of success against the Patriots under Rex Ryan, I actually fear Brady, Gronkowski, Hernandez and Welker. The Jets have ALWAYS shut down Fred Jackson (dating back to 2008), and we've ALWAYS made Fitzpatrick look like dog spit against our defense (dating back to 2008).

The Bills got off to a nice little 3-0 start, but to compare Buffalo's offense.... To NE's explosive offense? You have got to be kidding me. PS: Teams and fans FEAR Brady and this NE offense. No one is scared of a career jag in Fitzpatrick who's yet to even play a PLAYOFF GAME!

EDS
11-09-2011, 04:26 PM
If they are equal I sure wish it was the Bills that had a few super bowl trophies already in the trophy case.

Oaf
11-09-2011, 04:58 PM
If they are equal I sure wish it was the Bills that had a few super bowl trophies already in the trophy case.
I'm sure he was talking about this season..

Why is it that Jackson smokes the Pats (dating back to 08) but can't get started against the Jets (though he played well Sunday)?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-09-2011, 06:54 PM
As a Jets fan... The Bills and Patriots offense are NOTHING alike. Even though we've had plenty of success against the Patriots under Rex Ryan, I actually fear Brady, Gronkowski, Hernandez and Welker. The Jets have ALWAYS shut down Fred Jackson (dating back to 2008), and we've ALWAYS made Fitzpatrick look like dog spit against our defense (dating back to 2008).

The Bills got off to a nice little 3-0 start, but to compare Buffalo's offense.... To NE's explosive offense? You have got to be kidding me. PS: Teams and fans FEAR Brady and this NE offense. No one is scared of a career jag in Fitzpatrick who's yet to even play a PLAYOFF GAME!
you are not a very nice person

MattyNH
11-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Come on Man!!!!!

I guess you can argue this for the first half of this season but really, the Pats are the better offense and it is not close. I dont think its any comparison. When you consider the recent history of the teams (years wise), its really a big dis on the Pats to say this. Basically the sample size is not big enough.

It reminds me of this time when back in the 90's when a Dolphins fan I knew was trying to convince the world Sammie Smith was equal to Thurman Thomas because for the first half of the season Sammie Smith's stats were similar to TT.

TrEd FTW
11-10-2011, 04:29 PM
They have a HOF WR

They do?

Mike
11-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Ill be the first to pat the Pats and their great offense on the back! The Bills offense is obviously not as good, this goes without saying.

My point is that as you look at both teams, they have simillar -not same- strengths and weaknesses. Both teams have poor defenses and rely on their offenses to win games for them. Both teams will struggle vs teams with decent offenses and good to great defenses, both teams are limited in how far they can go this season...

Mike
11-11-2011, 12:15 AM
In years past the Pats teams were great on defense, led to a tirade of Superbowl victories and as Tom Brady became one of the best QBs ever, the Pats team slowly turned into a mirror image of the finness teams they use to beat (colts, rams, etc) now they are facing the same consequences those teams faced - loosing.

Oaf
11-11-2011, 12:43 AM
In years past the Pats teams were great on defense, led to a tirade of Superbowl victories and as Tom Brady became one of the best QBs ever, the Pats team slowly turned into a mirror image of the finness teams they use to beat (colts, rams, etc) now they are facing the same consequences those teams faced - loosing.
Interesting point..

MattyNH
11-11-2011, 07:25 AM
Interesting point..
except the Rams and Colts both won Super Bowls too.