PDA

View Full Version : I hate Philly but this is HILARIOUS

Crisis
11-09-2011, 10:05 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3lpMxc4fZNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

G Wolly
11-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Hilarious if you didn't watch it.

Boring ass game.

I hate Philly.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-10-2011, 05:26 AM
When does the hilarious part start, I have watched it twice and can't figure it out?

SabreEleven
11-10-2011, 07:13 AM
That is great...Philly exposing TB and thier boring style. NHL games are boring and this Zone hockey is killing hockey. I laughed. It's the only good thing Philly has ever did.

hydro
11-10-2011, 07:40 AM
When does the hilarious part start, I have watched it twice and can't figure it out?

Maybe it isn't "hilarious" but it is pretty funny to see Philly essentially giving TB a big FU.

rbochan
11-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Philly: "Wahhhh!! They aren't playing to our strengths!"

SabreEleven
11-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Philly: "Wahhhh!! They aren't playing to our strengths!"

I see it more as is;

Philly: They are playing a boring ass hockey game and we are calling them out.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-10-2011, 08:55 AM
I think it actually sucks, that is what the NHL has become.

hydro
11-10-2011, 09:00 AM
I think it actually sucks, that is what the NHL has become.

The situation sucks because there will be a bunch of the old guard that will be against any changes. Even Bob McKenzie in that video was being hesitant about the NHL needing to do something about it. The trap is definitely hindering the game right now.

Mski
11-10-2011, 09:04 AM
barnaby was ripping philly, all night on twitter, for making a joke out of the game. But, shouldnt tampa carry as much of the blame for not even attempting some form of forecheck, and just allowing it to happen.... honestly i think this looks worse on Tampa than it does for Philly, TB just sat back and allowed Philly to do that in their own stadium... i'm sure that made the fans happy and willing to continue to spend money on tickets to games

SabreEleven
11-10-2011, 09:19 AM
The situation sucks because there will be a bunch of the old guard that will be against any changes. Even Bob McKenzie in that video was being hesitant about the NHL needing to do something about it. The trap is definitely hindering the game right now.

The trap has been hindering the game of hockey for years.

OpIv37
11-10-2011, 09:20 AM
"Illegal defense" was stupid when they called it in the NBA and it will be just as stupid if they start calling it in the NHL.

First, if you don't like the trap, find a way to beat it. Don't complain that the other team has a way to shut you down because it's "boring." Each team is responsible for figuring out how to score on their opponents.

Second, if the trap is outlawed, it will be yet another call where the ref has too much discretion. And we all know which end of discretion calls Buffalo sports teams end up on....

SabreEleven
11-10-2011, 09:22 AM
What about making it legal to ice when you reach your blueline? Gain your blueline, dump it in and start your forecheck.

Mski
11-10-2011, 09:22 AM
want to kill the trap, change the icing rule from the red line to from your own zone

SkateZilla
11-10-2011, 09:24 AM
That is great...Philly exposing TB and thier boring style. NHL games are boring and this Zone hockey is killing hockey. I laughed. It's the only good thing Philly has ever did.

But, they did this on national TV too, so basically they showed the nation and any newcomers how boring hockey is.

SabreEleven
11-10-2011, 10:03 AM
But, they did this on national TV too, so basically they showed the nation and any newcomers how boring hockey is.

and that something in the game HAS to change. I'd rather see this than 3 hours of boring trap hockey. The NHL is going back to pre-lock out hockey.

SkateZilla
11-10-2011, 12:07 PM
http://video.thescore.com/watch/half-court-press

OpIv37
11-10-2011, 12:19 PM
What about making it legal to ice when you reach your blueline? Gain your blueline, dump it in and start your forecheck.

That could work. I wouldn't mind seeing a few scrimmages with that rule in place to see how it plays out on the ice and if it actually helps nullify the trap.

OpIv37
11-10-2011, 12:22 PM

I just don't know how anyone can consider hockey boring, other than basketball fans who are used to points almost every time up the court.

Hell, I love watching football, but even in football they aren't actually playing the majority of the time that the clock is running. You can't get away with that in hockey, save for a few seconds behind the goal for the mutual line change (unless, of course, you're playing a trap team on national tv- then you can just stand there and not move for 5 minutes while the clock is running).

SkateZilla
11-10-2011, 12:48 PM
im all for moving the icing line from the center line to the blue lines.

Mski
11-10-2011, 12:53 PM
im all for moving the icing line from the center line to the blue lines.i thought that would have come imediately after removing the two line pass

SkateZilla
11-10-2011, 12:59 PM
thank god we got rid of the 2 line pass...

OpIv37
11-10-2011, 01:43 PM
thank god we got rid of the 2 line pass...

yeah that was a stupid soccer-style "we hate scoring" rule.

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
11-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Damn Jaques Lemaire and the trap!

Can't wait until next year when the current Collective Bargaining Agreement is up and NHL experts are predicting that there will be another work stoppage. Maybe this time the NHL will come up with a rule that will abolish the trap ONCE AND FOR ALL, THE NHL HAD THE TRAP ELIMINATED WHEN THEY CAME BACK FROM THE LOCKOUT IN 2006 AND THEY LET IT BACK INTO THE GAME JUST LIKE THEY LET CLUTCHING AND GRABBING OF THE JERSEYS BACK IN THE GAME ALSO!

it's also time for the ice to get bigger, if that means ripping out two rows of seats to make the ice bigger SO BE IT! you can always add seats somewhere else the Sabres made the Harbour Club 200 level into a suite deck and look at MSG they totally remodeled the Garden and added seats where there were open spaces.

But the NHL will never change until Gary Bettman is out as the commissioner!

SabreEleven
11-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Damn Jaques Lemaire and the trap!

Can't wait until next year when the current Collective Bargaining Agreement is up and NHL experts are predicting that there will be another work stoppage. Maybe this time the NHL will come up with a rule that will abolish the trap ONCE AND FOR ALL, THE NHL HAD THE TRAP ELIMINATED AND THEY LET IT BACK INTO THE GAME!

or how about they adopt a rule change during the off season?

SkateZilla
11-10-2011, 03:29 PM
what kinda rule... only 2 players are allowed in the NZone at any given time? lol, I dont think they can make a rule against the trap.

Mski
11-10-2011, 03:34 PM
i dont think they can implement a rule to make the trap illegal, i think there are ways they can tweak the current rules to make it less effective, such as what s11 and i suggested about changes to the icing rule, or more dramatic changes such as increasing the size of the ice