PDA

View Full Version : How do we match up with Dallas?

2slowtogofast
11-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Prior to the Jets game I felt pretty good about the Dallas game. I did't think it was a sure win but I felt we had a pretty good chance of coming away with a win. I don't know why but I feel less sure of that now. I hope we win b/c its a huge game for us but I would be lieing if I said I was not nervous. How do you guys think we match up with Dallas

Figster
11-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Prior to the Jets game I felt pretty good about the Dallas game. I did't think it was a sure win but I felt we had a pretty good chance of coming away with a win. I don't know why but I feel less sure of that now. I hope we win b/c its a huge game for us but I would be lieing if I said I was not nervous. How do you guys think we match up with Dallas

The National Football League wanted parity and they got it. Half way through the season and only 25% of the teams in the AFC have a losing record, three of the divisions are knotted up so tight anything is possible. Any team in the NFL can beat any team on any given day with the exception of the Packers in my opinion.

We should be nervous...

trapezeus
11-10-2011, 08:26 AM
i had my annual dream where the bills lose a game they shouldn't lose and then i wake up happy it's a dream, and then they go and lose that game.

Where i was quite positive two weeks ago, i am less sure. The bills are on a seesaw and need to start puttings strings of wins together again. please football gods, please.

Figster
11-10-2011, 08:45 AM
i had my annual dream where the bills lose a game they shouldn't lose and then i wake up happy it's a dream, and then they go and lose that game.

Where i was quite positive two weeks ago, i am less sure. The bills are on a seesaw and need to start puttings strings of wins together again. please football gods, please.
The injury bug has reared its nasty head again. Losing Williams for the season is a hard loss to overcome for a football team of very high character/well coached, but somewhat limited on the talent side of the equation.

justasportsfan
11-10-2011, 08:47 AM
After the loss to the Jets, the bills are pissed. We will win. Dallas = redskins.

psubills62
11-10-2011, 08:51 AM
We match up better than we matched up against the Jets, but Dallas will still be a difficult team to play.

The main thing is if we can stop the run. Despite our low YPC numbers against the Jets, I recall our defense getting gashed fairly consistently against the run. It was the first time this year that the 2011 Bills reminded me of the 2010 Bills in run defense, giving up 5-6 yard chunks.

Demarco Murray is on absolute fire. I think he's averaging around 8.5 YPC the last three games. First and foremost, we have to be able to stop him. If we can do that and if we can move the ball offensively, we should be able to win. Their passing game is still dangerous, but right now everything revolves around the run. Must stop it.

And on offense I think we match up better. Dallas is missing their best CB (Mike Jenkins) and they weren't that strong at the position to begin with.

psubills62
11-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Should also be noted that we haven't yet lost two games in a row this season. Have to wonder if that extra day of practice after a loss really helps the team prepare for their next opponent.

djjimkelly
11-10-2011, 08:54 AM
After the loss to the Jets, the bills are pissed. We will win. Dallas = redskins.

i dont think they are as bad as the skins because i could see whiten causing us some grief

however we are a much better team then the cowboys i expect a win!!!

mayotm
11-10-2011, 09:10 AM
I expect a relatively high scoring close game. Could come down to the last possession.

Mark Miller
11-10-2011, 09:12 AM
My friend made a good point last night. Let's hope the so called "mega mind" gets creative with the playcalling because you can bet your tail that Rex shared with his brother how to cause Fitz fits. The Jets want a Cowboys victory just as bad as the entire Dallas squad.

mayotm
11-10-2011, 09:21 AM
My friend made a good point last night. Let's hope the so called "mega mind" gets creative with the playcalling because you can bet your tail that Rex shared with his brother how to cause Fitz fits. The Jets want a Cowboys victory just as bad as the entire Dallas squad.The thought that the Jets have provided the league with a blue print to stop Buffalo's offense is nice in theory. However, there aren't many teams that have the personel to pull of what the Jets did. Dallas certainily doesn't have the corners to do it. Especially with their best corner being out.

The last buffalo fan
11-10-2011, 10:00 AM
The thought that the Jets have provided the league with a blue print to stop Buffalo's offense is nice in theory. However, there aren't many teams that have the personel to pull of what the Jets did. Dallas certainily doesn't have the corners to do it. Especially with their best corner being out.

What about their DLine, is any good, who plays there for them?

mayotm
11-10-2011, 10:02 AM
What about their DLine, is any good, who plays there for them?They have a good defensive line. Their pass rush is the biggest concern.

madness
11-10-2011, 11:03 AM
We can't overcome our shortcomings with all these injuries but we might actually have two LT's Sunday.... one of them is still our starting LG. Our offense has to be firing on all cylinders to cover our D or this will just be another loss.

better days
11-10-2011, 11:07 AM
They have a good defensive line. Their pass rush is the biggest concern.

I agree & that is a good thing for the Bills. Fitz will get rid of the ball before they get to him because the Cowboys don't have corners like the Jets, they won't get coverage sacks.

ddaryl
11-10-2011, 11:32 AM
IMO, it all comes down to the play of Dallas' CB's, and the play of our CB's/ pass rush / Romo's accuracy.

If Fitz can hit those quick passes we'll rack up 30 points

If our DL gets no pressure on Romo and he is having an accurate day it wil be a shoot out

Beebe
11-10-2011, 08:09 PM
IF THERE CORNERS PLAY OF WE WILL WIN,THE JETS HAD THERE CORNERS PLAYING UP N HARASSING ARE WIDE RECEIVERS SO IT MESS WITH THE TIMING,WE WILL SCORE ITS JUST UP TO ARE D SEE WAT THEY CAN DO TO THERE OFFENCE. SO STOP THE RUN FIRST. BILLS C'MON:pray: