PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Donald Jones?

HendersonD06
11-10-2011, 11:27 AM
I was a big fan of this guy during the offseason after he left the Packers, now against the Jets, he did nothing; but I understand he was coming off an injury. Does anyone expect Donald Jones, now that he's healthy, to have a strong game against Dallas as Buffalo's slot WR this week?

ddaryl
11-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Not really. He's average at best...

Joe Fo Sho
11-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Need a WR this week for your fantasy league??

It's impossible to predict how well anyone on the Bills offense will do any given week, but I do expect him to come back and finish the season well.

Mahdi
11-10-2011, 11:39 AM
D. Jones was never a Packer. They also have a receiver named Jones. #89.

Also, Donald doesn't play in the slot, he plays on the outside. Nelson plays in the slot and I expect him to have a HUGE game this week.

Dallas doesn't have a great secondary and they will focus on Stevie.

BertSquirtgum
11-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Bills should have kept Lee Evans.

Jan Reimers
11-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Donald Jones (a Bills' UDFA in his second season - never a Packer) is a decent receiver with 4.5 speed, who so far has had a few good games, but nothing really spectacular.

He is thought to be our deep guy, but I would have preferred Lee Evans in that role. I think we will need to draft a burner, and return Jones to a 3rd or 4th receiver role.

HendersonD06
11-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Not a fan of fantasy football. I've done it one year, won some money in a work league, but it takes away from the enjoyment of the games. I'm only asking, because I've always thought that Donald Jones would make an excellent slot WR heading into Buffalo. And when healthy, I just feel like this kid can do alot for Buffalo's offense. Just wondering what Buffalo fans think of him as of right now.

djjimkelly
11-10-2011, 11:52 AM
thoughts on jones are very simple

while we have no one better he can play

a real speed wr is a definite offseason priority

HendersonD06
11-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Wow, I'm way off on this thread. I always thought Donald Jones was the Jones that came from the Packers... My fault guys. I thought he just became a Bill this season, but I'm obviousy wrong.

justasportsfan
11-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Donald Jones (a Bills' UDFA in his second season - never a Packer) is a decent receiver with 4.5 speed, who so far has had a few good games, but nothing really spectacular.

He is thought to be our deep guy, but I would have preferred Lee Evans in that role. I think we will need to draft a burner, and return Jones to a 3rd or 4th receiver role.
You know I liked Lee but he isn't the type of wr that would have done much with a qb like Fitz who doesnt have a rocket arm. Fitz needs a wr like Moulds who is physical enough to fight for an undertrhown or inacurate ball.

mayotm
11-10-2011, 12:03 PM
I have a feeling that Jones is going to make a big play or two Sunday. He should be healthier this week. Against the Eagles, he had a couple of cathches early before getting hurt. I think he was on his way to a big day before the injury. He should get some opportunities with Dallas keying on Jackson, Johnson and Nelson.

Oaf
11-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Make sure you're starting him in about 3 weeks, Hend. :chuckle:

Beebe's Kid
11-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Donald Jones is strong and a great blocking WR. He is not necessarily the first choice outside, but he might develop into a good option. I would rather have him a little lower on the depth chart, but I don't hate him.

Jones had an awesome game against NE, had 3 catches against Cincinnati then got hurt immediately against the Eagles, after a great play. His performance against NE will allow me to give him a little more time.

DBrown77
11-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Has anyone else noticed that he struggles to get himself in position to make a catch. Kind of like Hardy.

B-DON
11-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Bills should have kept Lee Evans.
Has Evans even played a game this year? Yea I wish we had a speed receiver sitting on our bench all year injured instead of an extra pick. Get real

mysticsoto
11-10-2011, 01:13 PM
WRs might fare better this week given the injuries to Dallas' secondary. Nevertheless, we've been exposed and teams now know what to do to stop Fitz. Play 8 in the box to stop FJ, and everyone else - play close to cover the short/medium routes. And they won't stop doing this until Fitz burns them with the bomb several times. Last wk he had a good one with Stevie that was pretty nice. But they need to practice that alot more and make it regular if they want to stretch the field and not have it so crowded in the short/medium range.

Of course, this then starts to expose our overrated Oline...

Coach Sal
11-10-2011, 02:18 PM
My thoughts on him are that he is a great guy, excellent co-host of our TV show, and I'm rooting for him as both a person and football player to have as much success as possible.

RoscoeMagic
11-10-2011, 03:36 PM
An undrafted kid expected to start in his second year? Give him a break people, he should be a #4 WR at this point in his career. To me, he has all the tools to develop into a solid #2 in due time, but he's a below average starter right now IMO. I like him though, he's been a pleasant surprise for us.

Screw Lee Evans, I don't see why we couldn't have traded a conditional 6th for Brandon Llyod.

Mr Bills
11-10-2011, 04:40 PM
At best is a #4 receiver. One of the worst #2 receiver in the NFL.

bigbub2352
11-10-2011, 07:22 PM
he is not a number 2....maybe a 4...inconsistent hands...but he is a good ST and plays tuff...just not a number 2

Mahdi
11-10-2011, 08:16 PM
At best is a #4 receiver. One of the worst #2 receiver in the NFL.
He's a player that has a lot of room to improve and was doing just that before he got injured.

Give him time to find his niche in the offense.

justasportsfan
11-11-2011, 09:49 AM
My thoughts on him are that he is a great guy, excellent co-host of our TV show, and I'm rooting for him as both a person and football player to have as much success as possible.

Please tell him we're hoping he's the next Eric Moulds. He deosnt have to win in double coverage but at he at least has to make them pay in single coverage.

Michael82
11-14-2011, 01:33 AM
He's a terrible #2 receiver and would most likely be only a #4 on most teams.

don137
11-14-2011, 06:22 AM
I agree with Mikey. He has not made the most of his opportunities as a starter. Definitely a below average #2 receiver. Hopefully he will get better but right now looks just like the prototypical journeyman.

Jan Reimers
11-14-2011, 06:28 AM
Jones is a decent 4th or 5th receiver.

tomz
11-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Well he was wide open on at least one long bomb. His injury may have cost him his timing and chemistry with Fitz. Or Fitz has lost what ability he had to chuck it up there.

Maybe Fitz is over-compensatng for the under thrown INT in the Giants game?