PDA

View Full Version : Bucky Gleason: Pegula misses leadership opportunity

Coach Sal
11-11-2011, 07:54 AM
I was wondering what Pegula was thinking as many others were, too, when this broke.

But electing not to hold court with the Buffalo media over this doesn't make me think any less about Pegula's leadership in Buffalo......

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/bucky-gleason/article628037.ece

hydro
11-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Sorry but Bucky is going over the line on this one. This basically wreaks of "I wish Pegula would have made a more interesting and emotional statement so we could have had a good story".

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-11-2011, 08:08 AM
I am not sure why Pegula would have anything to say about it anyway. Just because someone is in the public spotlight and has a lot to do with Penn State, doesn't mean his opinion becomes important.

Mski
11-11-2011, 08:16 AM
I am not sure why Pegula would have anything to say about it anyway. Just because someone is in the public spotlight and has a lot to do with Penn State, doesn't mean his opinion becomes important.it does, if his opinion could cause the school to lose millions in funding

Dozerdog
11-11-2011, 09:18 AM
it does, if his opinion could cause the school to lose millions in funding

Sandusky and school officials will cause the school to lose millions. Somebody's words after the fact wont

Mski
11-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Sandusky and school officials will cause the school to lose millions. Somebody's words after the fact wonti didnt mean the school losing money from other donors because of what pegula said, i meant his opinion could cause him to pull his own money from the school

OpIv37
11-11-2011, 09:50 AM
I don't read Gleason regularly so I didn't understand why so many of you complain about him all the time, but the more I read him, the more I'm coming around.

What the hell is he talking about? This isn't Pegula's fight. The fact that he was close with one of the guys charged with perjury is irrelevant. Lots of rich, powerful people have had close relationships with politicians or Wall St businessmen who turn out to be corrupt.

Seriously, I'm surprised Pegula even released the statement that he did. If I were him, I would have just let the people involved play it out and go about my business with the hockey team.

Mski
11-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Seriously, I'm surprised Pegula even released the statement that he did. If I were him, I would have just let the people involved play it out and go about my business with the hockey team. he is in all likelyhood the schools wealthiest booster, he may not be their biggest donor, but i'm sure his opinion carries alot of weight with the other boosters