PDA

View Full Version : BBD: Bills 7 Round Mock Draft

DraftBoy
11-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Just finished our first 7 Round Mock Draft, we addressed a lot of the issues we have seen so far and give reasoning for the picks.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/11/bills-7-round-mock-draft/

Ginger Vitis
11-11-2011, 02:53 PM
I don't know the players well but as far is the positions that were addressed id say it is pretty solid.. I like that you have the Bills getting a OLB in the 1st and a CB in the 2nd

Das_Bills
11-11-2011, 02:57 PM
I really like the Case Keenum pick, but I really dont see him falling that far back. I see going 3rd or 4th round. I have watched this kid all through college and is my top QB this coming draft. I know that there are better QB's but i really dont see us picking a QB in the first 3 rounds.

psubills62
11-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I think the Bills will be taking at least one CB this year. Certainly would fit our needs if they all do what you say they can do.

Honestly, one of the few picks I'm not sure of is Crawford there. We already had tons of numbers at OLB this last TC, and with Curry added to the mix I'm not sure there's room for a guy who is that raw. He's improved this season, but the only time he's done much of anything is when he's next to excellent DT's. I'd be concerned about him, personally.

DraftBoy
11-11-2011, 03:16 PM
I really like the Case Keenum pick, but I really dont see him falling that far back. I see going 3rd or 4th round. I have watched this kid all through college and is my top QB this coming draft. I know that there are better QB's but i really dont see us picking a QB in the first 3 rounds.

A lot will depend on how many 2013 defects we have. If Luck, Jones, Barkley, and RGIII all leave he will go lower, if not he could higher. Obviously this all very perliminary.

DraftBoy
11-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I think the Bills will be taking at least one CB this year. Certainly would fit our needs if they all do what you say they can do.

Honestly, one of the few picks I'm not sure of is Crawford there. We already had tons of numbers at OLB this last TC, and with Curry added to the mix I'm not sure there's room for a guy who is that raw. He's improved this season, but the only time he's done much of anything is when he's next to excellent DT's. I'd be concerned about him, personally.

High Reward, Low Risk with Crawford. I honestly think he's just not that good getting out of a 3 point stance. When has stood up his explosion is noticeably different out of his stance.

He's getting there another year or two and he could be ready for big time minutes. You start him on ST's obviously.

scartown
11-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Love the Vinny Curry pick. He could play with his hand on the ground or standing up.

DesertFox24
11-11-2011, 05:43 PM
I would absolutely love that draft.

I am sorry but when did we get a second 6th round draft pick. I thought all we got was the 4th for evans.

Now I was guessing we will probably get a compensatory pick

DraftBoy
11-11-2011, 07:18 PM
I would absolutely love that draft.

I am sorry but when did we get a second 6th round draft pick. I thought all we got was the 4th for evans.

Now I was guessing we will probably get a compensatory pick

Comp for Lynch trade.

TigerJ
11-11-2011, 08:15 PM
I like it a lot. Not that I study college players, but from what little I know about Houston, and your writeup on Keenum, he sounds a little like Andy Dalton; similar size, plays in a similar offense and hyperproductive. Considering how Dalton is doing for the Bengals, that's not a bad thing.

I do think it would be nice if sometime Buffalo could pick up a receiver with elite speed. Somehow, I don't think Quick is going to be that guy. Nice name for a WR though.

Buffalo seems to have struck gold with Chris Hairston out of Clemson. Makes sense to go mining in the same place with McClain. He sounds to me a bit like Urbik, who also has great size, but is not as physical as you might expect (or at least that's the way he was coming out of college). The Bills seem to be getting good production out of him.

BTW, If you'd like me to take a crack at editing your writeup sometime, I think I can clean up some of your grammatical miscues.

DraftBoy
11-11-2011, 08:19 PM
I like it a lot. Not that I study college players, but from what little I know about Houston, and your writeup on Keenum, he sounds a little like Andy Dalton; similar size, plays in a similar offense and hyperproductive. Considering how Dalton is doing for the Bengals, that's not a bad thing.

I do think it would be nice if sometime Buffalo could pick up a receiver with elite speed. Somehow, I don't think Quick is going to be that guy. Nice name for a WR though.

Buffalo seems to have struck gold with Chris Hairston out of Clemson. Makes sense to go mining in the same place with McClain. He sounds to me a bit like Urbik, who also has great size, but is not as physical as you might expect (or at least that's the way he was coming out of college). The Bills seem to be getting good production out of him.

BTW, If you'd like me to take a crack at editing your writeup sometime, I think I can clean up some of your grammatical miscues.

Thanks and if you really want to feel free. Ill PM you an email address.

psubills62
11-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Comp for Lynch trade.
Saw your tweets...did you ever find out what his production needs to be to get it to a 5th?

TigerJ
11-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks and if you really want to feel free. Ill PM you an email address.

Done!

THRILLHO
11-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Sorry, but its just not a Bills draft unless you select a RB.

DraftBoy
11-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Saw your tweets...did you ever find out what his production needs to be to get it to a 5th?

Nope, nobody knows, which isn't entirely uncommon.

psubills62
11-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Nope, nobody knows, which isn't entirely uncommon.
OK, thanks.

On another note, Devon Still was dominant at points against Nebraska, though disappeared for the 2nd and 3rd quarter it seemed.

TigerJ
11-12-2011, 05:22 PM
I see you incorporated my editing. I don't think I did a perfect job, but it does clean up some little things that were in the original.

DraftBoy
11-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Bump

I wrote this late Friday afternoon.

Thanks to TigerJ for some editing assistance.

I think this draft addresses a number of the fans concerns. Thoughts?

DraftBoy
11-13-2011, 04:19 PM
OK, thanks.

On another note, Devon Still was dominant at points against Nebraska, though disappeared for the 2nd and 3rd quarter it seemed.

That's his M.O.

Though to be fair I feel like Worthy does a far bigger disappearing act in his games.

TigerJ
11-13-2011, 07:27 PM
As I said, I like it a lot. I'm speaking more about meeting needs than the grading of players. Regarding player grades, I don't have enough info to judge. I see on other websites agreement on grading some players, and not on others. It'll start to get a little more clear after the combine.

DraftBoy
11-14-2011, 09:50 AM
As I said, I like it a lot. I'm speaking more about meeting needs than the grading of players. Regarding player grades, I don't have enough info to judge. I see on other websites agreement on grading some players, and not on others. It'll start to get a little more clear after the combine.

Completely understood and thanks again for the help.