PDA

View Full Version : I usually do not care about the media ignoring the Bills...

Dr. Lecter
11-11-2011, 03:13 PM
But this is a load of crap.

http://espn.go.com/boston/hot/?id=7211562

Read the comments too.

B-DON
11-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Typical NYC-Boston media. I thought you knew those were the only 2 cities that matter according to sports media? What a effin joke ESPN is.

better days
11-11-2011, 03:19 PM
But this is a load of crap.

http://espn.go.com/boston/hot/?id=7211562

Read the comments too.

If Buffalo beats Dallas on Sunday, they are back in the discussion, if they lose I think you can forget about the playoffs.

DraftBoy
11-11-2011, 03:22 PM
ESPN pom-pom'ing their few regional affiliates.

Mr. Miyagi
11-11-2011, 03:26 PM
All it does is add fuel to our team's fire. We thrive on being no-names, remember?

HendersonD06
11-11-2011, 03:57 PM
All it does is add fuel to our team's fire. We thrive on being no-names, remember?

Lets be a realist here... When have the Bills "thrived" in anything since the era of Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reid, Brice Smith etc ended?

Also, in regards to this thread, why would the media give Buffalo any type of love after losing 3 of 5 games? A nice little 3-0 start can only take you so far.

When the Bills were 3-0, the media acted as if Buffalo were a good football team after years of awful play, Fitzpatrick was the next coming of Brady, despite the fact that Fitzpatrick has never even played a postseason game. They acted as if Fred Jackson were the next coming of Adrian Peterson, despite the fact that Fred Jackson turns 31 in 3 months. Buffalo fans asking for the Bills front office to sign him LONG TERM is foolish. And last but not least, Buffalo doesn't deserve any love from the media, not after blowing a chance to take full control of the AFC East, against a hated division rival in the Jets last week, while crapping the bed while doing so @ home.

The Bills had their chance for "media importance", and blew it on Sunday against the Jets. That's reality. A loss against the Cowboys, and the Bills fall out of the picture of being revevant here in 2011. Just my thoughts.

better days
11-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Lets be a realist here... When have the Bills "thrived" in anything since the era of Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reid, Brice Smith etc ended?

Also, in regards to this thread, why would the media give Buffalo any type of love after losing 3 of 5 games? A nice little 3-0 start can only take you so far.

When the Bills were 3-0, the media acted as if Buffalo were a good football team after years of awful play, Fitzpatrick was the next coming of Brady, despite the fact that Fitzpatrick has never even played a postseason game. They acted as if Fred Jackson were the next coming of Adrian Peterson, despite the fact that Fred Jackson turns 31 in 3 months. Buffalo fans asking for the Bills front office to sign him LONG TERM is foolish. And last but not least, Buffalo doesn't deserve any love from the media, not after blowing a chance to take full control of the AFC East, against a hated division rival in the Jets last week, while crapping the bed while doing so @ home.

The Bills had their chance for "media importance", and blew it on Sunday against the Jets. That's reality. A loss against the Cowboys, and the Bills fall out of the picture of being revevant here in 2011. Just my thoughts.

I agree except about Jackson, but if the Jets do not beat the Pats* Sunday they face the same fate this year. They are not good enough to beat the Steelers, Ravens, or Raiders.

HendersonD06
11-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Lets be a realist here... When have the Bills "thrived" in anything since the era of Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reid, Bruce Smith etc ended?

SquishDaFish
11-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Lets be a realist here... When have the Bills "thrived" in anything since the era of Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reid, Bruce Smith etc ended?

Why dont you just go to fn hell and get the hell off this board. We dont need your snide fn comments on here. Go back to gang green and talk about feet with that fat ass coach.

methos4ever
11-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Why even pay attention to him? Waste of time Squish.

Bulldog
11-11-2011, 06:00 PM

Congrats, you're the Bills of the early 90's, only you can't make it to the Super Bowl. You do realize the Jets last Super Bowl appearance was over four decades ago. So piss off Henderson.

The last buffalo fan
11-11-2011, 06:10 PM
It has been a hell of a season, so I'll keep enjoying my beloved Buffalo Bills. I'm not a football expert, but I'm an expert fan and I thinkk we are not a good team yet, but we are improving every single game. So let's have fun guys. :beers:

bills4ver
11-11-2011, 07:13 PM

lol dude wasn't it like 6-0 Jets going into half of the last game? You make it sound like you mopped the floor with us. I remember a 50 yard phantom Pass Interference call that gave you the lead and momentum with other bs calls.

I also remember the same phantom calls in the charger game 2 weeks ago, you don't get the zebra's always going your way you guys could have lost both.

The Bills are still tied for the AFC East and your Jets have done crap to this point other than beat the Bills, I won't be shocked if the Bills, Pats make the playoffs with the Jets sitting this one out.

ServoBillieves
11-11-2011, 09:20 PM
It somewhat upsets me that I can still see Henderson's posts through people's reply when I blocked his ignorant, illiterate and stupid persona a while ago. It's a troll, it's someone who MAY know the English language but struggles, and is asking mama for a beer while sitting in the basement.

That being said, yes, this is also ignorance by the media thinking it's a 2 dog race after a team has proved at the very least it has a legit offensive line, a decent QB, an elite RB, and a shady D.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-12-2011, 04:36 AM
Why would this upset you? This team lost all the respect it earned on Sunday.

cgbm
11-12-2011, 01:28 PM
i love how henderson wont respond now.

he will make a bold ignorant NYC comment and then run away like a baby.

congrats. you win the award for biggest coward ever.

and as for the jets, the refs won the game when we played our worst. if you think the jets are the best team because they beat us on our worst day then you have bigger problems then i thought.

not to mention that our qb is a man with a burly beard and yours is a girl from so cal with painted toenails that rex drools over.

GO AWAY!!!

TrEd FTW
11-12-2011, 01:33 PM
The funny thing is that one of New England or NYJ will be in third place if the Bills beat Dallas.

mikemac2001
11-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Pats are playing the jets

and its ESPN boston

why would they write up the matchup and then throw the bills in makes no sense

...also who cares

streetkings01
11-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Why even pay attention to that? The media is a bunch of bandwagoners! When you win it's "this is a playoff team on the rise" , when you lose its "teams have figured them out"........its the same for every team. I guarantee you, you'll hear these same exact quotes regarding the winner/loser of both the Jets/Pats and Giants/49ers games. The winners will be called title contenders and the losers will be called pretenders until they win their next game.

more cowbell
11-12-2011, 02:21 PM

Wow you got that tough guy NYC attitude bro...I am freaking SCARED.

Maybe you should go shoot a commercial with J-Lo talking about your neighborhood and how it "inspires you"

The season is HALFWAY done and the Jets, Bills and Patriots are all tied for first place. The Bills **** the bed last week, kinda like the Jets did against New England and Baltimore.

Will the Jets win the division or make the playoffs? Maybe? its week 10...so hop on the aids train back to your own site and circle jerk with the rest of the "tough guys" we're all REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL impressed.

Sincerely,

The Entire Country.

BillsFever21
11-12-2011, 08:23 PM
The Bills will get respect from the media when(if) we start winning on a regular basis. How much some might hate it Henderson had many good points. Even if from an outside point of view. Don't hate on it just because of his fanship.

When we were 3-0 and just recently came off of 2 great comeback wins we were the talk of the Sunday morning pre-game shows and Fitzpatrick, Jackson and others were getting all kinds of attention. Especially Fitzpatrick.

Since then we have been average at best and have went 2-3. One of them wins was against a Redskins team in the dumps and the other we almost blew a 21 point lead and had to hold onto the win with their 5th turnover of the game just to win. The Eagles helped beat themselves that day.

Now after totally getting blown out by the Jets and with a losing record since the quick start of course they're not going to be talking about us as much. You can use that logic with just about every team outside of the big markets(Giants, Jets, Cowboys, etc., teams with a big fan base and success(Steelers, Packers, etc) or teams that have been winning for a consistent basis.

If the Bills won 3 out of the next 4 with a win against the Jets as one of them and we were sitting there 8-4 they would be talking about us again.

You have to earn your respect. Every year there are teams that get off to a quick start and a good record to start the year that fizzle out after that. Just like our 2008 team. Until you can actually back that up for the entire season then you won't get any respect.

Any team can have a 3 game win streak. Some have them at the start of the year and fade away after that. Lets hope this isn't another one of them seasons for us.