PDA

View Full Version : Hope for the season!

Judge
09-09-2002, 11:34 AM
A gritty effort wasted by the worst special teams play I've ever witnessed, INCLUDING the Ronnie Jones era.

But here are the positives:

- Drew Bledsoe was all that and more. He was a FIELD GENERAL who led his troops into battle and did whatever was needed of him to keep the army advancing. I loved his effort, and his connection with Moulds and Price is clear. The potential for an explosive offense is immense.

- Gilbride's dedication to establishing a running game is clear. Way to go! No need to abandon the running game if it doesn't immediately average 4+ yards per carry, like Wade's gang and Mike Sheppard did in the past. To be effective, Bledsoe needs a legit running threat, and the more carries the more the defense gets worn down. GREAT mix of playcalling.

- Defensive side of the ball looked more cohesive and thus more effective.

- The JETS were the undisciplined team instead of the Bills- nice change!

- The Bills bounced back several times for adversity that would have KILLED them last year. Great mental toughness was tested by first kickoff return for TD, by Henry's fumble, and by late-game desperate situations. The offense and defense reacted positively, which was very exciting. Of course, they now must bounce back for next week after the killer OT return, but there should be enough positive development to keep the team focused as opposed to folding the tent.

I liked what I saw out of the offense AND defense, ALOT. Williams deserves a kudo- now BUILD ON IT!

lordofgun
09-09-2002, 11:42 AM
GREAT GREAT POST BRO! I feel the same exact way. We have to fix the lacking 1/3 of our game and I think we'll be ok.

LABillsFan
09-09-2002, 12:22 PM
I think this game will put real concerns in the minds of coaches on other teams. The Bills aren't a team that can rely on the Def. if the Off. isn't working and visa versa so all three aspects of the Bills, Off. Def. and ST have to show up each and every week.

On another thread a few days ago, some of us were posting quotes we'd like to hear from players and coaches in jest, one of those actually quotes happened. Brown taking blame for his play was suprising, refreshing and respectable all at the same time. There is no reason the Bills can't have a succsessful year if the mistakes are kept to a min..

StillLurkin
09-09-2002, 12:27 PM
While wallking out of the stadium yesterday, i said to my cousin that this team is wayyyy better than last year. if the special teams doesn't break down, we stomp the jets.

If the team comes together, and special teams improves(NEEDS BIG IMPROVEMENT) the team could win a bunch of games.

Tatonka
09-09-2002, 02:32 PM
we can sit here and say we are much improved.. and that we have gotten better in the run, oline and dline.. which is true.. and all things i was worried about..

but i tell you what.. it sure does suck to wake up monday morning after a loss... something i will NEVER get used to.. i just absolutely hate.. makes me drag ass all day..

only cure is...

TO KICK THE **** OUT OF THE VIKES NEXT WEEK!!!!

i predict henry puts up a similar if not better performance too.

Judge
09-09-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
we can sit here and say we are much improved.. and that we have gotten better in the run, oline and dline.. which is true.. and all things i was worried about..

but i tell you what.. it sure does suck to wake up monday morning after a loss... something i will NEVER get used to.. i just absolutely hate.. makes me drag ass all day..

only cure is...

TO KICK THE **** OUT OF THE VIKES NEXT WEEK!!!!

i predict henry puts up a similar if not better performance too.

There's no better way to start a work week than after a Bills win- no doubt about that.