• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Vanek and Roy

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say that this team has no true scorers.

At the start of last season, Roy was hot and Vanek was cold before Roy got injured.

This season, Vanek has been hot but Roy has been ice cold.

The last couple of games, Roy stepped it up but now Vanek is back to last year's form.

This team could be dangerous if these two could get it going at the same time, but they are both too inconsistent.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Vanek and Roy

vanek scored two goals last game and is second in the NHL in goals, #7 in points despite playing less games than almost everyone with more

WTF are you talking about

not to mention roy was still recovering from an injury at the beginning of the year and is still getting back to 100%... now that he's healthier he's more productive. who would've thought?
    Last edited by Crisis; 11-11-2011, 08:07 PM.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

and then vanek sets up adam's goal

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37
        This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say that this team has no true scorers.

At the start of last season, Roy was hot and Vanek was cold before Roy got injured.

This season, Vanek has been hot but Roy has been ice cold.

The last couple of games, Roy stepped it up but now Vanek is back to last year's form.

This team could be dangerous if these two could get it going at the same time, but they are both too inconsistent.
        Agreed but Roy has to get a few games to make love & Vanek is finding new friends to assist, so it looks like a plan coming together. I can't look at a few lousy passes & call Vanek all that is evil
        Last edited by Skooby; 11-11-2011, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
          vanek scored two goals last game and is second in the NHL in goals, #7 in points despite playing less games than almost everyone with more

WTF are you talking about

not to mention roy was still recovering from an injury at the beginning of the year and is still getting back to 100%... now that he's healthier he's more productive. who would've thought?
          Well, Vanek is playing like **** tonight despite setting up Adam. He made some sloppy cross ice passes and took 2 penalties in the 1st, including an offensive zone penalty. If you can't see that, it just shows your bias.

And Roy got injured in December of LAST year. That injury recovery was just Rob Ray and Harry Neale's bull**** excuse for Roy's sloppy play.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

my bias? vanek has TWO bad periods and you're jumping all over him. He's #2 in the NHL in goalscoring and you're *****ing about his inconsistency, where's the bias here again?

It's pretty common knowledge that Roy wasn't 100% to start the season, and still isn't now.

Comment

• Crisis
              • Aug 2004

there's plenty of things to ***** about with this team but thomas vanek having two bad periods in a game we're winning 5-1 isn't one of them

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

my bias? vanek has TWO bad periods and you're jumping all over him. He's #2 in the NHL in goalscoring and you're *****ing about his inconsistency, where's the bias here again?

It's pretty common knowledge that Roy wasn't 100% to start the season, and still isn't now.
                It's not common knowledge- it's excuses.

And as far as bias- 2 periods, lmao.

When was the last time Vanek and Roy were both hot at the same time? Has it EVER happened?

You're looking at it in a vacuum.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

Just watching Roy at the beginning of the year you could tell he wasn't all there yet.

Vanek is top 5 in scoring right now, who's *****ing about his production right now exactly?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Just watching Roy at the beginning of the year you could tell he wasn't all there yet.

Vanek is top 5 in scoring right now, who's *****ing about his production right now exactly?
                    He's talking about 2 guys playing like winners, that's what it's going to take to overcome years of frustration.

Comment

• Crisis
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
                      He's talking about 2 guys playing like winners, that's what it's going to take to overcome years of frustration.
                      Again, one guy is top 5 in the NHL in points and the other guy is starting to heat up after coming back from an injury. He's *****ing about nothing.

Anything less than a goal a shift for Vanek = failure.

Comment

• Electrici
                        • May 2003

The Sabres won..... let's talk about all the bad things!!! I, for one, am going to enjoy the win and crack open a beer. 'Til the next game, gentlemen.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Again, one guy is top 5 in the NHL in points and the other guy is starting to heat up after coming back from an injury. He's *****ing about nothing.

Anything less than a goal a shift for Vanek = failure.
                          Bedwetting plays show up for those who are watching, the announcers even talked about it.

Comment

• Crisis
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Bedwetting plays show up for those who are watching, the announcers even talked about it.
                            Vanek had a bad game.... and still managed to show up on the scoresheet and set up Adam's goal directly. That's exactly what a scorer does, which is what Op is complaining about here.

It's mainly just the fact that Op was *****ing about a guy who's over a PPG this year and one of the NHL leaders, while the Sabres were leading 3-1. I guess he just needed something else to complain about because the game didn't go into OT.
                            Last edited by Crisis; 11-11-2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Vanek had a bad game.... and still managed to show up on the scoresheet and set up Adam's goal directly. That's exactly what a scorer does, which is what Op is complaining about here.

It's mainly just the fact that Op was *****ing about a guy who's over a PPG this year and one of the NHL leaders, while the Sabres were leading 3-1. I guess he just needed something else to complain about because the game didn't go into OT.
                              I find him looking for the team leaders to lead, we won but we need to win based not on our leaders handing away opportunities that can lead to goals. You want to win against the best teams, then you don't fail in baisc plays.

OP never said the team didn't play well, Vanek played less than acceptable being a leader. He has a A on his jersey, not a L.

Comment

Working...
                              X