PDA

View Full Version : sandusky

cgbm
11-12-2011, 02:00 PM
im sitting here stewing over this whole thing and i really want to vent and see if people agree.

sandusky deservs to go to prizon and be in a cell with bubba, reggie, and plaxico :)

in all honesty he has ruined so many lives, including the boys, the penn state nation, the penn state season, and the most important (second to the victims) is joe paterno.

that man is a huge legend in college football, who has doe many things that no coach has ever done. and from this point on he will have a stigma around him as a guy who didnt do anything about it.

unfair in my mind!

so really my point in all this mess is what to do with un-trusty dusky?

i wish we were in a society where if someone has done a hanis crime and it passes a nation wide vote, we could hang him up in a street and sell tickets for a chance to go punch him in the face.

like 1000 for a face shot, 500 for an arm or leg shot, 200 for a gut shot, and 10,000 for a shot below the belt.

that would make me real happy to see on tv. the huge line of potential "wackers."

pluss i think the families of the victims wouldnt mind a shot at him.
their tickets would be free of course!

he is just a huge scumbag and deserves way more than im sure he will get.

the implications of his actions although unforseeable were way more than this sorry man deserves to have attached to his name.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

Dozerdog
11-12-2011, 02:03 PM
He will die behind bars

Skooby
11-12-2011, 02:34 PM
They'll never put him with the rest of the prisoners, he'll die in that box without any male attention.

dasaybz
11-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Joe Paterno is a victim? That is completely ****ing laughable. How does a man who knows about a child getting molested not do anything other than call 911 immediately? He not only didn't call 911, but he kept him on his ****ing staff. I mean seriously, what kind of low life ****ing **** sucking scum bag does that? Put yourself in his shoes, would you really only tell your AD about what happened, or do you want to shoot the mother ****er between his eyes for the sadistic **** he just did.

**** Joe Paterno, he seriously makes me sick.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-12-2011, 02:46 PM
paterno is not a victim hes a bastard who did not report child abuse
it took a highschool coach to go to athorities to get this monster sandusky arrested
in my mind not ONE of the Pennstate staff should be retained... there is no way that this was not a wispered about and talked about situation in the coaches circles or sandusky would have had anotther job
anyone who thinks paterno is not guilty as hell of not reporting child abuse TO LAW INFORCMENT not the stupid AD is likely to not report it themselves
the coward WHO WITNESSED CHILD RAPE and did not go into that shower and beat the living hell out of sandusky should never be allowed to coach again

cgbm
11-12-2011, 03:04 PM
fine!

joe paterno should have reported it to the law (e)nforcement.
but it isnt like he didnt say anything.

the guy took it to his boss and reported it through the school that his givin him so much.

so to say those things about a guy that has done so much for the game and the guys that played for him is a little over the top.

you can absolutely say that he should have gone to the police. yes. but remember that he didnt cover it up, and didnt keep it to himself.

if you want to blame someone like that, blame the president. he is the one that heared something like that and didnt do anything about it. joe did something.

and btw, you dont call 911 for something like that. in my time working in the emergency responce field has given me an opportunity to see alot of people report things to the wrong people.

"anyone who thinks paterno is not guilty as hell of not reporting child abuse TO LAW INFORCMENT not the stupid AD is likely to not report it themselves"

now, how can you say that i am likely to not report it myself? that is a stupid statement. i am commenting on a message board about how much i hate sandusky, not dealing with a situation like that.

and id appreciate you not passing judgement on me for that while attached to a computer hundreds of miles away. kepp the idiot comments to yourself

SHUT UP OR MAN UP.

Beebe's Kid
11-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Penn State "nation" is not a victim. This is a football team. The whole staff should be fired...if you knew, you're gone. Same with any administration or law officials. Anybody that knew has got to go.

I go to Penn State, and the only way I am a victim is if my tuition goes up to pay for these *******s' legal defense. Rape, be it woman or child is an unforgivable offense. To know about it, and not report it is second, only to the actual act.

The only way the "PS nation," which I can't stand that name, is a victim is by trusting these people to make the right choice, and they clearly did not. To say Joe Pa,is a victim is a ****ing joke.

mayotm
11-12-2011, 03:14 PM
fine!

the guy took it to his boss and reported it through the school that his givin him so much.

so to say those things about a guy that has done so much for the game and the guys that played for him is a little over the top.

you can absolutely say that he should have gone to the police. yes. but remember that he didnt cover it up, and didnt keep it to himself.

if you want to blame someone like that, blame the president. he is the one that heared something like that and didnt do anything about it. joe did something.

and btw, you dont call 911 for something like that. in my time working in the emergency responce field has given me an opportunity to see alot of people report things to the wrong people.

"anyone who thinks paterno is not guilty as hell of not reporting child abuse TO LAW INFORCMENT not the stupid AD is likely to not report it themselves"

now, how can you say that i am likely to not report it myself? that is a stupid statement. i am commenting on a message board about how much i hate sandusky, not dealing with a situation like that.

and id appreciate you not passing judgement on me for that while attached to a computer hundreds of miles away. kepp the idiot comments to yourself

SHUT UP OR MAN UP.Would you be defending Paterno if somebody you cared about was one of the victims? Frankly, whatever Paterno accomplished as a football coach isn't relevant. He didn't do enough when he found out about the crime. Period.

cgbm
11-12-2011, 03:17 PM
what im trying to say is that joe pa didnt do these discusting acts.

he didnt ask for all this to happen and it saddens me to see a man who has been a coach longer than you and i have been alive combined burn for somehting that he didnt do. as far as i know, he is a stand up man that YOU as a ps student have loved for a very very long time.

this guy has way more good things going for him than this one mistake.

and you are now throwing him away like trash because of something that someone else did, and HE REPORTED IT. the authorities didnt do anything about it.

really though i dont want to be here defending joe pa.

i really just am so pissed about this sandusky scumbag and want other people to vent about it too.

the joe pa conversation is and prolly always will be contravercial.

cgbm
11-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Would you be defending Paterno if somebody you cared about was one of the victims? Frankly, whatever Paterno accomplished as a football coach isn't relevant. He didn't do enough when he found out about the crime. Period.

i prolly wouldnt be defending paterno. he is an idiot for not taking it to the police, and should loose his job for it, and shouldnt coach again.

but your all making it seem like he was the one doing these things. you all are blaming joe when you should be discusted with sandusky.

to say joe pa is discusting, and a scumbag and things like that is rediculous. he is an idiot for not taking it farther. but come on.... he wasnt raping kids

mikemac2001
11-12-2011, 03:29 PM
(work related)

if i saw the acts happen i call the cops

if someone tells me the acts happened i would most likely tell my bosses first before i would go to the cops

reason why if i see it i can testify i am not using hearsay and i know what i saw

if someone tells me something who knows if its true, espically if its a co-worker/friend. if i then go and call the cops and its untrue i am liable for slander at his position he made a choice. i understand why he made it but the man who saw it needed to call the police not someone who just has hearsay

Jo pa the guy who saw it and the AD's should have met with police if anything but none of this happened.

instead its a huge mess/cover up

T-Long
11-12-2011, 03:56 PM
(work related)

if someone tells me the acts happened i would most likely tell my bosses first before i would go to the cops

reason why if i see it i can testify i am not using hearsay and i know what i saw

if someone tells me something who knows if its true, espically if its a co-worker/friend. if i then go and call the cops and its untrue i am liable for slander at his position he made a choice. i understand why he made it but the man who saw it needed to call the police not someone who just has hearsay

Jo pa the guy who saw it and the AD's should have met with police if anything but none of this happened.

Well said. I am not going to get into huge arguments about this, because I have done it all week at the water cooler. Bottom line is Joe Pa did what he was supposed to do, but when it wasn't taken care of, he should have pushed and pushed and pushed until something came of it. I also believe that if McQueary had just beat the piss out of Sandusky as soon as he saw it in the first place, all of this shame and hurt for everyone involved would not have happened. As a die hard Penn Stater, I have been very distraught on this entire thing. I get angry, sad, depressed, angry again, sad, etc....so many emotions to even describe. Prayers will continue to go out to those poor kids who had this happen to them...and may Sandusky rot in jail for all the lives he has ruined due to this.

MikeInRoch
11-12-2011, 03:58 PM
and you are now throwing him away like trash because of something that someone else did, and HE REPORTED IT. the authorities didnt do anything about it.

No, I'm throwing him away like trash because he failed to do anything about a CHILD RAPIST. He allowed a CHILD RAPIST to stay on his campus and continue to work with children. Totally inexcusable - and probably criminal.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-12-2011, 04:03 PM
fine!

SHUT UP OR MAN UP.
Shut up or man up? WTF? how am i suppose to "Man up"? whos the idiot... you. I said how i think and I stand by my statement.

bf1
11-12-2011, 04:39 PM
If there is a bystander law in any way, I think criminal charges should be brought against Joe Pa. And McQuery everyone above who knew. Campus police etc.

The precedent should be set. College football, a college's image, or any organization or company's image isn't more important than protecting young children.

mayotm
11-12-2011, 04:40 PM
i prolly wouldnt be defending paterno. he is an idiot for not taking it to the police, and should loose his job for it, and shouldnt coach again.

but your all making it seem like he was the one doing these things. you all are blaming joe when you should be discusted with sandusky.

to say joe pa is discusting, and a scumbag and things like that is rediculous. he is an idiot for not taking it farther. but come on.... he wasnt raping kidsYou are the one that started the thread defending Paterno. There isn't a sane person that isn't disgusted with Sandusky. People are simply holding Paterno accountable for his lack of action. I really think you are missing the point.

Skooby
11-12-2011, 04:53 PM
People who commit crimes need to go to jail. People who commit crimes against children need to go into a vat of boiling oil.

How can you continue to work with a child rapist or turn a blind eye?? The whole program needs to be permanently shut down & cut the whole school off from the funds from it, ban PSU.

PromoTheRobot
11-12-2011, 04:58 PM
(work related)

I wonder if you would really do that. 99% of the time the whistle blower takes the fall. If you are trying to make it in coaching do you want to be known as the guy who ratted out your program? That's the cold hard fact: nobody likes a snitch, even if snitching is the absolute right thing to do. Whistle blowers get nailed.

PTR

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-12-2011, 05:01 PM
whistleblower schmisselblower

McQUEERy should have gone in the damn shower and beat the **** out of sandusky ON THE SPOT if he saw a 10 year old boy getting raped.

then he would not have been a whistle blower hed be a dadgum hero

bf1
11-12-2011, 05:16 PM
I can understand not whistle blowing if the guy was bringing in hookers, if the program was getting illegal donations, drug use and a million other things.

I cannot for one second buy that bull**** excuse when the offense is the rape of 10 year old children.

don137
11-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Sandusky will go to prison a tight end but soon he will be a wide receiver.

Boomstick
11-12-2011, 05:47 PM
I was going to make a long reply to this thread but realize that emotions run too high in a case like this. The main reasons, other than the pervert Sandusky, something like this happened and not more was done is some vague dumbass Pennsylvania laws and the lack of punishment involved.

I hope Pennsylvania changes some of there laws regarding child endangerment and sexual abuse. That way in the future something like this can be taken care of and investigated based on hearsay testimony.

This proves something needs to be done about those laws, because too little can be done in so many suspected cases of sexual abuse in an institution.

One thing I hope is the victims can somehow manage to find even a small moment of peace knowing the monster who did this to them is going to pay for those crimes. Though it still won't be enough.

mikemac2001
11-12-2011, 05:50 PM
I wonder if you would really do that. 99% of the time the whistle blower takes the fall. If you are trying to make it in coaching do you want to be known as the guy who ratted out your program? That's the cold hard fact: nobody likes a snitch, even if snitching is the absolute right thing to do. Whistle blowers get nailed.

PTR

Ya I would it would sicken me if I didn't

HAMMER
11-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Sandusky will go to prison a tight end but soon he will be a wide receiver.

He won't live long once that gate slams behind him. Child molesters are at the top of the list.

PromoTheRobot
11-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Ya I would it would sicken me if I didn't

Then you are a man of principle. Your mom would be proud.

PTR

billsburgh
11-12-2011, 09:34 PM
as a PSU alum, I think JoePa got what he deserved. and all of those students who rioted after he was fired should be ashamed of themselves.

cpearl
11-12-2011, 09:47 PM
The argument against Paterno is simple. He was protecting the PROGRAM over protecting kids, especially future abuse victims. He is not a victim. In fact, he will be sued and could very well found to have civil liability for his failure to act. As an educator and member of the University, he could very well have a duty to act when told of the rape.

He was told Sandusky rape a child on the Penn St. campus. The school was told and DID NOTHING. And Paterno did nothing but protect his closest friend.

I may have a bias since I have kids, but I would hope any person would feel the same.

cgbm
11-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Shut up or man up? WTF? how am i suppose to "Man up"? whos the idiot... you. I said how i think and I stand by my statement.

your an idiot because you bashed me, saying that i wouldnt report it.

how dare you man.

fact remains. as a military man, i fight every day to defend every man in this country, and every freedom he has.

i promise you that i and every one of my shipmates do not fight for sandusky. nor do we fight for someone whi turns a blind eye.

and shut up or man up means " say it to my face or dont bash me at all"
i promise it would end in you in a bad spot"

this is why your stupid comments are offencive..........
i spend more than half of the year away from my family. including my wife, my daughter, and my unborn daughter.
about once a week i tell my wife i love her and that i would do anyting for her... not because im sentemental but because im going on a mission where im not sure if i will come back..... when i am at base i spend half the time up until 2am working. weather it is saving a life or enforcing the laws of the federal government. and when i get home from all that i spend most my time sleeping so that i can function when i get back to work.
what that tells me is that im a pretty stand up guy that will do anyting for people that i dont even know. INCLUDING YOU.
i fight everyday for your freedom and will continue to do so, not because you will say thanks or because i may get some bit of incentive.... but because i belive in the system and the LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES

SO IF YOU WANT TO SAY THAT I WOULDNT REPORT IT.... FINE.... BUT THE FACT REMAINS, YOU DONT KNOW ME AND YOU COULDNT HANDLE ME....

SO SHUT THE FUG UP.

ServoBillieves
11-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Can ANYONE spell correctly in this thread? I'd take half of these arguements literally if it didn't seem like the ramblings of a drunk.

Joe did great things for the game of college football, he is NOT the one who molested, and he did not physically see it happen. If he was freaking videotaping or watching, that's one thing and I'm sorry I took it that far, but he has TONS of other stuff to deal with rather than allegations that he might have known about one of his many staff members being an *******.

Bottom line? Media blew it up, it's in the past.

HAMMER
11-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Can ANYONE spell correctly in this thread? I'd take half of these arguements literally if it didn't seem like the ramblings of a drunk.

I hear you, it's painful. Oh, and it's argument.

SabreEleven
11-13-2011, 04:42 AM

Joe did great things for the game of college football, he is NOT the one who molested, and he did not physically see it happen. If he was freaking videotaping or watching, that's one thing and I'm sorry I took it that far, but he has TONS of other stuff to deal with rather than allegations that he might have known about one of his many staff members being an *******.

Bottom line? Media blew it up, it's in the past.

Sounds like you and Joe Pa have the same philosophy....It's ok for grown men to **** little boys because there are more important things like football games. it's Joe job to protect boys and girls, but only if they are the ones who pay his salary. :rolleyes:

What did Joe really know? who knows but I think if one hears Grown man, 10 year-old and shower it should be a big enough of a red flag to push to issue to the police even if your supervisor doesn't.

Did you actually read the Grand Jury report?

TacklingDummy
11-13-2011, 06:08 AM
Joe Paterno is a victim? That is completely ****ing laughable. How does a man who knows about a child getting molested not do anything other than call 911 immediately?
Ask the red headed coach who did nothing.

MikeInRoch
11-13-2011, 07:17 AM
I really wonder if that coach is protected by some sort of whistleblower law because he's the main witness.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-13-2011, 08:18 AM

how dare you man.

fact remains. as a military man, i fight every day to defend every man in this country, and every freedom he has.

i promise you that i and every one of my shipmates do not fight for sandusky. nor do we fight for someone whi turns a blind eye.

i spend more than half of the year away from my family. including my wife, my daughter, and my unborn daughter.
about once a week i tell my wife i love her and that i would do anyting for her... not because im sentemental but because im going on a mission where im not sure if i will come back..... when i am at base i spend half the time up until 2am working. weather it is saving a life or enforcing the laws of the federal government. and when i get home from all that i spend most my time sleeping so that i can function when i get back to work.
what that tells me is that im a pretty stand up guy that will do anyting for people that i dont even know. INCLUDING YOU.
i fight everyday for your freedom and will continue to do so, not because you will say thanks or because i may get some bit of incentive.... but because i belive in the system and the LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES

SO IF YOU WANT TO SAY THAT I WOULDNT REPORT IT.... FINE.... BUT THE FACT REMAINS, YOU DONT KNOW ME AND YOU COULDNT HANDLE ME....

SO SHUT THE FUG UP. thanks for your service, there is no stroger supporter of the military then me.
you take what i said as if I was speaking directly to you i was speaking in generalites and I still stand by that general comment.
Let me reiterate so there is no confusion:
Anyone who thinks Joe Paterno had no obligation other then reporting it to his superiors would likely not report it themselves.
There... is that clear? Now YOU can take it as you wish. If you would report it then FINE.
You started the thread with an opinion... I gave mine... then you started threatening me.
Im sure you are not in the military to defend the rights of joe paterno to hide behind "I notified my superiors so im off the hook and dint need to do anything else even though the child rape is still going on"
Im sure your a tough guy...you sure sound it with all sorts of bluster.
But frankly Im ashamed of you for hiding behind your uniform as if it is liscence to threaten me with violence. What are you like 12 years old that that is how you resolve things? shame on you. YOU MAN UP and act like one, not a thug.
Its totally misplaced bluster cause I got no fight with you its with people who dont report child abuse that i got a fight with.
so grow up its a friggin internet board. if you and i met in person id be buying the coffee not puttin up my dukes so lighten up.
you dont know me either and your anger is totally misplace putting it on me.
Also, your service in the military is no more noble then my service every day to my family and my nation. I work like a dog every day and provide jobs for employees and serve my country too. Your calling is different but no more noble. Those in the military who feel they have to tell people how noble they are diminish the honor of service. Service is a great honor and should be lauded, but "look at me" is not service, it is vanity. Courage and sacrifice can be found in many men, but the man who stands with quiet dignity is the hero not the blustering bully.
PS: I will have no problem accepting your apology

Historian
11-13-2011, 08:37 AM
The football program should be dismantled, and all other sports put on a ten year suspension from league play.

HAMMER
11-13-2011, 09:42 AM
The football program should be dismantled, and all other sports put on a ten year suspension from league play.

That's a lot overboard, I am as angry as the next guy but wipe out PSU athletics for 10 years? You are punishing the students who weren't around when this happened more than anything.

MattyNH
11-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Put him in a wood chipper, feet first and be done with it already!

HAMMER
11-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Put him in a wood chipper, feet first and be done with it already!

That would sting.

Skooby
11-13-2011, 10:23 AM

It would crush the university, which is exactly what needs to happen. Evil places that are allowed to exist bring more evil. How can anyone think that the current board or anyone in charge at the university would make a different choice if given a chance??

Shut down their entire sports program & set an example of what happens when criminal behavior is accepted. This should of been solved moments after it was witnessed with a call to the police. Who else knows what they have covered up if this was the case ??

EricStratton
11-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Who are bubba, reggie, and plaxico?

mikemac2001
11-13-2011, 11:18 AM

a lot of times i post from my smartphone so its a pain (probably similar for others)

Cntrygal
11-13-2011, 11:56 AM
a lot of times i post from my smartphone so its a pain (probably similar for others)

It shouldn't be called a SMARTphone then!!!!

;)

cgbm
11-13-2011, 05:13 PM
thanks for your service, there is no stroger supporter of the military then me.
you take what i said as if I was speaking directly to you i was speaking in generalites and I still stand by that general comment.
Let me reiterate so there is no confusion:
Anyone who thinks Joe Paterno had no obligation other then reporting it to his superiors would likely not report it themselves.
There... is that clear? Now YOU can take it as you wish. If you would report it then FINE.
You started the thread with an opinion... I gave mine... then you started threatening me.
Im sure you are not in the military to defend the rights of joe paterno to hide behind "I notified my superiors so im off the hook and dint need to do anything else even though the child rape is still going on"
Im sure your a tough guy...you sure sound it with all sorts of bluster.
But frankly Im ashamed of you for hiding behind your uniform as if it is liscence to threaten me with violence. What are you like 12 years old that that is how you resolve things? shame on you. YOU MAN UP and act like one, not a thug.
Its totally misplaced bluster cause I got no fight with you its with people who dont report child abuse that i got a fight with.
so grow up its a friggin internet board. if you and i met in person id be buying the coffee not puttin up my dukes so lighten up.
you dont know me either and your anger is totally misplace putting it on me.
Also, your service in the military is no more noble then my service every day to my family and my nation. I work like a dog every day and provide jobs for employees and serve my country too. Your calling is different but no more noble. Those in the military who feel they have to tell people how noble they are diminish the honor of service. Service is a great honor and should be lauded, but "look at me" is not service, it is vanity. Courage and sacrifice can be found in many men, but the man who stands with quiet dignity is the hero not the blustering bully.
PS: I will have no problem accepting your apology

i will never apologise to you.....

you are making rash idiodic statements.

im not going to fight you, i never would. and yes this is an internet message board where about 90% or words are arguments.

i am not bragging about my service, nor have i ever played like im all mighty because of it.

i merely was trying to make you see that because of who i am, i would make the right decision if this happened to me. well except i would call the cops after i kicked duskys ass.

i would love to sit here are tear your entire statement up but instead i will print this out, take it to work, and show true ignorance to all of my shipmates..... they all will laugh alot and we will have a great time at your expence.

todays best quote.... "your service to the military is no more noble then my service every day"

HAHHAHAHHA. if thats not egotistical, vain, and dillusional... i dont know what is.

TedMock
11-13-2011, 05:57 PM

PTR

It's not like he was stealing petty cash. He was RAPING A CHILD!!!! There is NO reason in the world that will justify the act, or the cover-up. You are right in that McQueary thought of his coaching career before he thought of stopping the act of CHILD RAPE and I just fail to see how that's forgivable on any level.

If Sandusky is that intimidating then don't go after him, but SCREAM as loud as you can. Do anything at all to stop it. Instead, he went home to talk to his daddy about it. There is not a human being (which Sandusky is not) that would have considered McQueary a snitch in this instance. The program would have been fine. I think McQuary would have been commended for stopping child rape, not chastised or black-balled for stopping child rape. This would have been a story and it would be long over by now. Now, it's a permanent black eye on the administration and on a coach who was blinded by protecting the school instead of the child. JoePa was a great coach and great man most of his days, but this cover-up outweighs those things.

ZEUS
11-13-2011, 06:02 PM

how dare you man.

SO SHUT THE FUG UP.

I kind of think you need to get over yourself. Are you a boot on the ground in Afganistan or Iraq? I don't discredit your service. I was in the Coast Gaurd too. Yes, we do put our lives on the line, but to say you're out fighting for our freedom everyday is a little bit of a stretch. And now you're sounding off like some war hero. Normally, I wouldn't respond to a thread like this as you the OP have a different way of thinking and that is obvious. I wouldn't waste my time. But, you're defending a guy who had knowledge of horrific crimes being commited and did not do enough to stop it.

BTW, is that a picture of yourself in your avatar?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-13-2011, 06:39 PM
i apologise to you.

there... I fixed it for you.
as for the rest of your diatribe

YAWN
you officially bore me
just like your original premiss of defending paterno you are no longer relevant

cgbm
11-13-2011, 07:30 PM
there... I fixed it for you.
as for the rest of your diatribe

YAWN
you officially bore me
just like your original premiss of defending paterno you are no longer relevant

your life is yawn!!!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-13-2011, 07:34 PM
your life is yawn!!!
LOL you are officially 12 years old

SabreEleven
11-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Why is Sandusky out on bail?

Romes
11-14-2011, 08:24 AM

One can only assume but it seems shady... judge donated and volunteered at Sandusky's charity...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/13/former-penn-state-assistant-coach-reportedly-continues-to-receive-monthly/

:shakeno:

Skooby
11-14-2011, 10:30 AM

If it were my kid he molested, him being out on bail would be the best news I could hear.

psubills62
11-14-2011, 10:47 AM
That's stupid.

People need to stop overreacting. Yes, I understand how awful the situation is. There is one truly evil person in this mess, and that's Sandusky. Joe Pa did not do enough, IMO, and deserved to be fired. There are people who made some tragic and horrible mistakes. I don't believe for a second, though, that Joe not following up on the stuff makes him evil, and I don't believe for a second that anyone has the right to judge him based on a few things he didn't do and meanwhile ignore all the things he's managed to do for other people. These kinds of comments are ignorant of the situation, and ignorant of the entire picture. Punish the people that deserve to be punished, not the people who are not even close to involved.

And the institution certainly isn't "evil."

The way people are reacting, I'd think that if someone got killed by a drunk driver they'd want to take all the cars off the road, trains off the rails, and planes out of the air.

Skooby
11-14-2011, 10:57 AM
That's stupid.

People need to stop overreacting. Yes, I understand how awful the situation is. There is one truly evil person in this mess, and that's Sandusky. Joe Pa did not do enough, IMO, and deserved to be fired. There are people who made some tragic and horrible mistakes. I don't believe for a second, though, that Joe not following up on the stuff makes him evil, and I don't believe for a second that anyone has the right to judge him based on a few things he didn't do and meanwhile ignore all the things he's managed to do for other people. These kinds of comments are ignorant of the situation, and ignorant of the entire picture. Punish the people that deserve to be punished, not the people who are not even close to involved.

And the institution certainly isn't "evil."

The way people are reacting, I'd think that if someone got killed by a drunk driver they'd want to take all the cars off the road, trains off the rails, and planes out of the air.

Simple question: If someone gets caught doing drugs, was it the first time they did it or were they well into it ??

I am believer that if something as lewd & lacivious was looked over, then everything in between was game on. You might like to look at it different but realistically, the raping of children in the facility shower is pretty far out there / hard to ignore. This is a school to teach children & young adults to learn, not to have grown men's carnal desires fulfilled. I think the latter part is how it played out more often than not, call it common sense (something the entire school has lacked for many years).

psubills62
11-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Simple question: If someone gets caught doing drugs, was it the first time they did it or were they well into it ??

I am believer that if something as lewd & lacivious was looked over, then everything in between was game on. You might like to look at it different but realistically, the raping of children in the facility shower is pretty far out there / hard to ignore. This is a school to teach children & young adults to learn, not to have grown men's carnal desires fulfilled. I think the latter part is how it played out more often than not, call it common sense (something the entire school has lacked for many years).
Almost certainly it's not the first time they did it. And reports are that Sandusky was doing this stuff since about 1994 at the latest. Yet...what exactly does that have to do with shutting down all sports, dismantling the football team, etc.?

Like I said, I have no problem putting blame on Joe Pa's shoulders for not following through. I don't absolve Paterno in any way, and I believe he deserved to be fired. IMO, that was not an overreaction, but Historian's suggestion and your own are.

And what exactly do you mean by "everything in between was game on"? There are several people who are to blame in this situation (and who were lacking common sense), not 50,000 people.

Skooby
11-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Almost certainly it's not the first time they did it. And reports are that Sandusky was doing this stuff since about 1994 at the latest. Yet...what exactly does that have to do with shutting down all sports, dismantling the football team, etc.?

Like I said, I have no problem putting blame on Joe Pa's shoulders for not following through. I don't absolve Paterno in any way, and I believe he deserved to be fired. IMO, that was not an overreaction, but Historian's suggestion and your own are.

And what exactly do you mean by "everything in between was game on"? There are several people who are to blame in this situation (and who were lacking common sense), not 50,000 people.

The entire sports program obviously starts at one specific head (Athletic director?) & goes down from there. To think that the athletic director didn't know what was going on after all these years & / or any constituants is a bit foolish. If they really didn't know, then they should be fired for ignorance & if they did know it's obvious. The people that knew or didn't know about this type of behavior & allowed it to continue still have their jobs, a washout is needed.

I'm not saying that sports should never be played at PSU again, I think they need about a 10 year break from division 1 level play. That'll deter other schools from allowing this type of behavior to fester & set an example of how serious this was taken.

DraftBoy
11-14-2011, 11:15 AM
I really wonder if that coach is protected by some sort of whistleblower law because he's the main witness.

He copped a deal and is likely a star/the star witness for the prosecution. Likely immunity and WB status.

psubills62
11-14-2011, 11:21 AM
The entire sports program obviously starts at one specific head (Athletic director?) & goes down from there. To think that the athletic director didn't know what was going on after all these years & / or any constituants is a bit foolish. If they really didn't know, then they should be fired for ignorance & if they did know it's obvious. The people that knew or didn't know about this type of behavior & allowed it to continue still have their jobs, a washout is needed.

I'm not saying that sports should never be played at PSU again, I think they need about a 10 year break from division 1 level play. That'll deter other schools from allowing this type of behavior to fester & set an example of how serious this was taken.
The AD obviously knew after McQueary reported it. And he and Spanier seemed to have covered it up, which is unacceptable and horrifying. But since when should every sport have to pay for something the AD personally did? That's just dumb reasoning. And assuming the AD knew other instances before it was reported is...well...assuming things, and you shouldn't be making judgments based on that at all.

Everyone involved is pretty much gone. Spanier, Curley, Schultz, Joe Pa, McQueary. Who else do you propose they fire, exactly?

They don't need any break from D1 play. There's already an example - people were fired. This is not a sports issue, this is a criminal matter with several people involved. Funny how being criminally prosecuted isn't deterrence enough.

Historian
11-14-2011, 11:23 AM
That's stupid.

People need to stop overreacting.

I disagree.

Think about most of the laws in this country. Better than half of them exist to protect children.

People have turned a blind eyeto the drugs, weapons, booster gifts, failing grades for so long, they don't even blink anymore.

This has to end here.

An example needs to be set, putting ALL institutions on notice.

Break the law, and there will be severe consequences.

Sorry if that tarnishes the memories of your alma mater.

imbondz
11-14-2011, 11:24 AM
anyone who's supporting Penn St or Joe Paterno, needs to read the grand jury report, if you can get through it. it's disgusting and pure evil that anyone would allow the rapist anywhere near the campus, and then still not call the police and turn him in, after reading multiple allegations against him. as far as i'm concerned, once Penn State (Joe Paterno) turned a blind eye to what was going on, they are all responsible for what happened to those helpless boys. every single one of them should be held responsible to the highest degree of the law, and if that only means they are fired, then they should all be fired.

imbondz
11-14-2011, 11:29 AM
The AD obviously knew after McQueary reported it. And he and Spanier seemed to have covered it up, which is unacceptable and horrifying. But since when should every sport have to pay for something the AD personally did? That's just dumb reasoning. And assuming the AD knew other instances before it was reported is...well...assuming things, and you shouldn't be making judgments based on that at all.

Everyone involved is pretty much gone. Spanier, Curley, Schultz, Joe Pa, McQueary. Who else do you propose they fire, exactly?

They don't need any break from D1 play. There's already an example - people were fired. This is not a sports issue, this is a criminal matter with several people involved. Funny how being criminally prosecuted isn't deterrence enough.

it is a sports issue. it's an institution putting sports waaaay above protecting innocent children from a rapist. something needs to be done to the Penn State football program, who cared more about the $72 million they received annually from football, than protecting 10 year old boys from getting raped in the a** in their f****** locker room.

DraftBoy
11-14-2011, 11:32 AM
it is a sports issue. it's an institution putting sports waaaay above protecting innocent children from a rapist. something needs to be done to the Penn State football program, who cared more about the $72 million they received annually from football, than protecting 10 year old boys from getting raped in the a** in their f****** locker room.

If you knew how much institutions put sports above students welfare than we would not have any more collegiate sports.

I understand the point about children being involved and Ive been a harsh critic however people need to realize bad things are happening in institutions across America. Maybe not to this level but coaches and admins turn blind eyes daily.

psubills62
11-14-2011, 11:32 AM
I disagree.

Think about most of the laws in this country. Better than half of them exist to protect children.

People have turned a blind eyeto the drugs, weapons, booster gifts, failing grades for so long, they don't even blink anymore.

This has to end here.

An example needs to be set, putting ALL institutions on notice.

Break the law, and there will be severe consequences.

Sorry if that tarnishes the memories of your alma mater.
Not my alma mater.

The institution itself didn't break the law. People at the institution did. Penn State is more than those people, and it's more than their actions or inactions.

Yeah, you're right...because cancelling sports at Penn State will really end things around the nation. Sure.

imbondz
11-14-2011, 11:36 AM
If you knew how much institutions put sports above students welfare than we would not have any more collegiate sports.

I understand the point about children being involved and Ive been a harsh critic however people need to realize bad things are happening in institutions across America. Maybe not to this level but coaches and admins turn blind eyes daily.

I think bf1 said it in another thread. I can understand turning a blind eye to athletes getting free cars, money, free shoes, even prostitutes, drugs. But anyone raping a child? no.

psubills62
11-14-2011, 11:36 AM
It's people, not an institution, who didn't report it.

How exactly did covering this up result in benefiting any sports? How would reporting it have hurt football and the money it brought in?

DraftBoy
11-14-2011, 11:39 AM
I think bf1 said it in another thread. I can understand turning a blind eye to athletes getting free cars, money, free shoes, even prostitutes, drugs. But anyone raping a child? no.

Its very difficult for me to hear people say, allowing for hookers and blow is perfectly fine but I draw the line at kids. That's an awful funny line to draw and I dont have a moral compass.

This isn't about a free pair of kicks, a new Land Rover, or getting hit with a $1,000 handshake after the game. That stuff is small time.

imbondz
11-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Its very difficult for me to hear people say, allowing for hookers and blow is perfectly fine but I draw the line at kids. That's an awful funny line to draw and I dont have a moral compass.

This isn't about a free pair of kicks, a new Land Rover, or getting hit with a $1,000 handshake after the game. That stuff is small time.

i'm not saying it's fine, i think that's evil too and athletes that participate should be kicked off the team. I said I can understand people turning a blind eye to that tho.

DraftBoy
11-14-2011, 11:44 AM
i'm not saying it's fine, i think that's evil too and athletes that participate should be kicked off the team. I said I can understand people turning a blind eye to that tho.

By turning a blind eye you are saying its ok. This isn't splitting hairs, you can't be ok with one being ignored and then draw the line in the sand here. That doesn't make much sense.

imbondz
11-14-2011, 11:46 AM
By turning a blind eye you are saying its ok. This isn't splitting hairs, you can't be ok with one being ignored and then draw the line in the sand here. That doesn't make much sense.

sure you can, athletes getting free cars or prostitutes, verses old men raping 10 yr olds. and even if you can't, i don't care Draftboy. I'm just stating my opinion on what should happen. not trying to convince you to feel the same way.

DraftBoy
11-14-2011, 11:50 AM
sure you can, athletes getting free cars or prostitutes, verses old men raping 10 yr olds. and even if you can't, i don't care Draftboy. I'm just stating my opinion on what should happen. not trying to convince you to feel the same way.

That's good because you won't be able to and you should never try and convince anybody else of your own convictions. Its your convictions not mine, but don't be so upset when somebody finds it odd that you (plural) choose to overlook some crimes but not others. You (singular) are far from the only one, its very interesting sociological phenomena that I know at least three people are studying right now and two of which are planing on using this PSU thing as a case study.

You're not wrong, and you're not right. Its not about being wrong or right on this issue anymore that time is long gone, its just about fixing it now.

Skooby
11-14-2011, 12:01 PM
It's people, not an institution, who didn't report it.

How exactly did covering this up result in benefiting any sports? How would reporting it have hurt football and the money it brought in?

It's blood money earned from the moment the rape was reported on, PSU should be fined that entire amount & the entire sports program banned. What are we teaching are kids if it's business as usual after the most horrible things that can happen to a child did happen right on site ?

The AD is charge of all sports, everything under him went to **** the moment this was passed over. You fire everyone & shut down their money making programs to punish everyone that earned from it, that'll send a message to all the other schools. Pay attention or lose your pay, it's harsh but would be effective.

psubills62
11-14-2011, 12:14 PM
It's blood money earned from the moment the rape was reported on, PSU should be fined that entire amount & the entire sports program banned. What are we teaching are kids if it's business as usual after the most horrible things that can happen to a child did happen right on site ?

The AD is charge of all sports, everything under him went to **** the moment this was passed over. You fire everyone & shut down their money making programs to punish everyone that earned from it, that'll send a message to all the other schools. Pay attention or lose your pay, it's harsh but would be effective.
Wow, just wow.

The "pay attention or lose your pay" is already being applied in principle to the PEOPLE who did it.

Why are suddenly everything under the AD to blame for things the AD personally did? Last I knew, the hockey team didn't commit perjury. The lacrosse team didn't listen to what McQueary witnessed and then didn't do anything about it.

How are we teaching kids that it's OK to do this stuff? You seriously think banning sports at PSU is the answer to teaching kids that it's not OK? I guess criminal prosecution, losing your job, etc. doesn't say any of that, does it?

Skooby
11-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Wow, just wow.

The "pay attention or lose your pay" is already being applied in principle to the PEOPLE who did it.

Why are suddenly everything under the AD to blame for things the AD personally did? Last I knew, the hockey team didn't commit perjury. The lacrosse team didn't listen to what McQueary witnessed and then didn't do anything about it.

How are we teaching kids that it's OK to do this stuff? You seriously think banning sports at PSU is the answer to teaching kids that it's not OK? I guess criminal prosecution, losing your job, etc. doesn't say any of that, does it?

I guess we need to see how far things have reached, the networks of what was done wrong there. I personally think it needs to be a federal case, just so no more collusion occurs. There has been enough of that already.

bf1
11-14-2011, 02:57 PM

What I said is I can understand freezing and not reporting hookers, drugs, etc in fear of being a whisteblower ala McQueary. I did not intend to say it's ok in any way. I can see how you can do minimal and live with it. I said understanding the whistleblower thing has a limit for me and abuse of children is way beyond that limit.

Skooby
11-14-2011, 02:57 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/45285321#45285321

Skooby
11-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Anyone else going to defend this gay raping child molester or the school that covered it up?

Bill Cody
11-15-2011, 01:31 PM
There is a bill pending before the PA legislature that would make a witness to an act of child molestation directly responsible for reporting the act to either police or children's services. It will likely pass.

If this law had been in effect 10 years ago McQueary would be charged under it. How can you witness a guy raping a child and know nothing was ever done about it and continue to work there knowing the guy that did it is free to do it again? And how does Paterno the AD and the rest who covered it up able to live with themselves? Just horrible. And Sandusky sems pretty damn confident that he will beat any charges. They had a chance to stop this monster in his tracks and they passed. Who knows if he will ever see the inside of a cell?

psubills62
11-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Anyone else going to defend this gay raping child molester or the school that covered it up?
Who exactly was defending Sandusky? And who was defending the PEOPLE who covered it up, exactly? Because you know, not all 45,000 people at the school covered it up. Just FYI.

MattyNH
11-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Sandusky should get the Wood Chipper feet first.

JoePa, Mcqueery (or whatever his name is), the AD and anyone who knew about this and then could only assume it continued after the cover up are complete scumbags. Some would expect that JoePa and the AD of a major college to actually be standup citizens, leaders. Nope, inaction on the part of these guys is dispicable, I dont care if there is not a law against it, I dont understand how they could live with themselves knowing this guy was still hanging out with 10 year olds after the fact. The football program's reputation is more important than kids getting raped.

Skooby
11-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Who exactly was defending Sandusky? And who was defending the PEOPLE who covered it up, exactly? Because you know, not all 45,000 people at the school covered it up. Just FYI.

How about part of the faculty that actually watch all 45,000 ?? The parents didn't send their kids off to Child Rape Valley or Molest & defend Valley, they sent them off to Happy Valley. That's the part that scares me the most if I was a parent, who's watching the kids ??

Like Commander Tom used to say, do you know where your children are?

psubills62
11-15-2011, 11:55 PM
How about part of the faculty that actually watch all 45,000 ?? The parents didn't send their kids off to Child Rape Valley or Molest & defend Valley, they sent them off to Happy Valley. That's the part that scares me the most if I was a parent, who's watching the kids ??

Like Commander Tom used to say, do you know where your children are?
Faculty and students had nothing to do with this. It was a few guys at the top, that's it. You seem to love putting the faults of one person on everyone below them, and I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why.

If I were a parent thinking about sending my kid off to join one of those 45,000, I'd be even more fine with them going to Penn State now than before. Because for one, none of this involved the students. Second, the people who enabled and did this crap are gone. Third, the fact that they're going through this means they'll be that much more vigilant to ensure it doesn't happen again.

SaviorEdwards
11-16-2011, 12:48 AM
Penn State should tear down and rebuild that facility. How creepy would it be to show new signees that shower room?

X-Era
11-16-2011, 05:37 AM
I probably never could kill someone but I think I could put a bullet through Sandusky's head. I have an 8 year old.

The university officials are the most to blame followed by McQueary followed by Jo Pa.

MattyNH
11-16-2011, 06:56 AM
I bet this clown ends up taking his own life.

DraftBoy
11-16-2011, 07:01 AM
What I said is I can understand freezing and not reporting hookers, drugs, etc in fear of being a whisteblower ala McQueary. I did not intend to say it's ok in any way. I can see how you can do minimal and live with it. I said understanding the whistleblower thing has a limit for me and abuse of children is way beyond that limit.

You're dancing though, and you know that. Its fine but you are essentially allowing for two lists of things to happen. Column A is ok and you (plural) will pull the see no evil card, and Columm B needs to be reported. For the most part I agree with both of you, but I also understand its a blatant double standard and extremely hypocritical. Im ok with that, which is why I bring it up, not many people will admit to being ok in supporting blanant double standards.

DraftBoy
11-16-2011, 07:01 AM
There is a bill pending before the PA legislature that would make a witness to an act of child molestation directly responsible for reporting the act to either police or children's services. It will likely pass.

If this law had been in effect 10 years ago McQueary would be charged under it. How can you witness a guy raping a child and know nothing was ever done about it and continue to work there knowing the guy that did it is free to do it again? And how does Paterno the AD and the rest who covered it up able to live with themselves? Just horrible. And Sandusky sems pretty damn confident that he will beat any charges. They had a chance to stop this monster in his tracks and they passed. Who knows if he will ever see the inside of a cell?

Its a shame we have to pass a law to say that.

2slowtogofast
11-16-2011, 07:14 AM
Was really creeped out by his interveiw on NBC or whatever station it was.

TacklingDummy
11-16-2011, 07:19 AM
The university officials are the most to blame followed by McQueary followed by Jo Pa.

I blame the redhead douche who should have called the cops immediately.

BuffaloSoldier
11-16-2011, 01:44 PM
In his interview with Bob Costas, it took him 17 seconds to say he's not interested in young boys. 17 SECONDS!!!

bf1
11-16-2011, 02:02 PM
You're dancing though, and you know that. Its fine but you are essentially allowing for two lists of things to happen. Column A is ok and you (plural) will pull the see no evil card, and Columm B needs to be reported. For the most part I agree with both of you, but I also understand its a blatant double standard and extremely hypocritical. Im ok with that, which is why I bring it up, not many people will admit to being ok in supporting blanant double standards.

No I'm not. I'm perfectly clear. I have limits.

If I was McQuery, and I saw Sandusky sniffing cocaine, my conscious would be crystal clean and clear if I only told Joe Pa. If I saw Sandusky banging a hooker same thing. When it comes to a rape of a child, I would intervene and would stop at nothing to bring him to justice. I don't see what's double-standardish with that at all. I don't go making citizen's arrests on jaywalkers and people who run stop signs either.

Bill Cody
11-16-2011, 02:11 PM
In his interview with Bob Costas, it took him 17 seconds to say he's not interested in young boys. 17 SECONDS!!!

He'd answered a lot of questions and he was running on 4 hrs sleep....oh wait that was Herman Cain on Libya

Bill Cody
11-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Its a shame we have to pass a law to say that.

yes but 17 states already realized we did and passed similar legislation. You can't just expect people to do the right thing because often they don't- unless you make it clear they'll be consequences.

BTW, did you see McQueary said he DID call the cops after all? The cops said today that's news to them. This story gets stranger by the day.

Fletch
11-17-2011, 05:23 AM
i wish we were in a society where if someone has done a hanis crime and it passes a nation wide vote, we could hang him up in a street and sell tickets for a chance to go punch him in the face.

A hanis crime?

Isn't there a singer named hanis hoplin?

IMO your sentiment here is just as sick as the crimes that Sandusky committed.

X-Era
11-17-2011, 05:29 AM
A hanis crime?

Isn't there a singer named hanis hoplin?

IMO your sentiment here is just as sick as the crimes that Sandusky committed.
BS.

When it involves raping children I lose any and all ability to remain civil.

Skooby
11-17-2011, 06:14 AM
There are some sick F-s out there, that's all I can say.

BuffaloSoldier
11-17-2011, 02:41 PM
If you just look at his interviews, the man looks like a sicko. He is so freaking creepy looking!!!!

DraftBoy
11-17-2011, 02:47 PM
No I'm not. I'm perfectly clear. I have limits.

If I was McQuery, and I saw Sandusky sniffing cocaine, my conscious would be crystal clean and clear if I only told Joe Pa. If I saw Sandusky banging a hooker same thing. When it comes to a rape of a child, I would intervene and would stop at nothing to bring him to justice. I don't see what's double-standardish with that at all. I don't go making citizen's arrests on jaywalkers and people who run stop signs either.

If you don't see the double standard in being ok with some crimes and no others I don't know what to tell you. Honestly it doesn't bug me and I dont disagree with your stance but let's at least be honest about it and call it what it is.

Skooby
11-17-2011, 03:02 PM
let's at least be honest about it and call it what it is.

Perverted men satisfying their carnal desires on children at a school, seems like a perfectly normal situation if you live in a Asylum or Happy Valley.

I'm sure you realize that this was probably not his first or last child he's done this too, it's just one of the times he got caught.

bf1
11-17-2011, 03:56 PM
If you don't see the double standard in being ok with some crimes and no others I don't know what to tell you. Honestly it doesn't bug me and I dont disagree with your stance but let's at least be honest about it and call it what it is.

If you don't understand that there is a difference in severity of crimes then I don't know what to tell you.

Skooby
11-17-2011, 09:12 PM
http://wgr550.com/Syracuse-Assistant-basketball-coach-target-of-poli/11496155

TigerJ
11-17-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm amazed that Joe Pa and everybody at Penn State all had such a horrible lapse of judgment in dealing with Sandusky when it first became evident his actions were questionable at best and criminally and morally depraved at worst. Everyone now knows they should have gone to law enforcement officials right away. Why were their minds so clouded then?

When I say "questionable at best" I'm saying I don't know if it was known immediately that Sandusky was engaged in child rape, but it was known his actions exceeded the bounds of moral propriety to the extent they bore looking into further and not swept under the rug.

psubills62
11-17-2011, 10:36 PM
People seem to form opinions simply based on a grand jury summary report...kind of like hearing the side of the prosecution without any witnesses being cross-examined.

Everything indicates Joe and Sandusky had a very cold relationship at best, especially late in Sandusky's career.

Now some rumors coming out that Joe did follow up and wanted to take action against Sandusky, but Spanier overruled him because there was no legal reason to take action.

There's still a whole lot of stuff about this that has yet to emerge, yet everyone has opinions on it already about who is culpable and who the villains are. And because it's what people do, everyone's just going to pick and choose what rumors they want to believe based on the opinions they've already formed.

Bill Cody
11-18-2011, 09:05 AM
People seem to form opinions simply based on a grand jury summary report...kind of like hearing the side of the prosecution without any witnesses being cross-examined.

Everything indicates Joe and Sandusky had a very cold relationship at best, especially late in Sandusky's career.

Now some rumors coming out that Joe did follow up and wanted to take action against Sandusky, but Spanier overruled him because there was no legal reason to take action.

There's still a whole lot of stuff about this that has yet to emerge, yet everyone has opinions on it already about who is culpable and who the villains are. And because it's what people do, everyone's just going to pick and choose what rumors they want to believe based on the opinions they've already formed.

oh please. There is no way to spin not calling the cops after a 10 year old boy gets raped. Not for McQueary. Not for Paterno. The cops were not called simple fact.

psubills62
11-18-2011, 10:10 AM
oh please. There is no way to spin not calling the cops after a 10 year old boy gets raped. Not for McQueary. Not for Paterno. The cops were not called simple fact.
It's not a fact, and you're only proving my point that people make up their minds before hearing everything.

I find it interesting that McQueary and Paterno are the ones people seem to go after the most. What about Sandusky, you know, the guy who actually perpetrated this crap? As much as it may be that McQueary and Paterno didn't do enough, what about Schultz, Curley, Spanier, who didn't do anything? Why are they less culpable than Paterno, exactly?

Skooby
11-18-2011, 12:51 PM
It's not a fact, and you're only proving my point that people make up their minds before hearing everything.

I find it interesting that McQueary and Paterno are the ones people seem to go after the most. What about Sandusky, you know, the guy who actually perpetrated this crap? As much as it may be that McQueary and Paterno didn't do enough, what about Schultz, Curley, Spanier, who didn't do anything? Why are they less culpable than Paterno, exactly?

How a man gets access to children alone in the team showers is beyond me, what did he tell them to clean up?? Janitor on vacation??

This is one big cluster mess of lies & cover ups, children's lives were wrecked there. The entire facility needs to be a monument to child abuse & permanently shut down, that would show the world that this type of behavior is self-destructive.

psubills62
11-18-2011, 02:15 PM
How a man gets access to children alone in the team showers is beyond me, what did he tell them to clean up?? Janitor on vacation??

This is one big cluster mess of lies & cover ups, children's lives were wrecked there. The entire facility needs to be a monument to child abuse & permanently shut down, that would show the world that this type of behavior is self-destructive.
Arbitrary punishment just to "teach people a lesson"? Sure, whatever.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/16158722/guilty-at-penn-state-deserve-all-thats-coming-but-not-from-ncaa

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_767926.html

This belongs in the criminal courts and civil courts alone. It's still ridiculous that you want it to be shut down.

Skooby
11-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Joe Pa with a Karma punch, turn tail on a child rapist again you scumbag.

http://m.nypost.com/f/mobile/sports/college/football/joe_paterno_has_lung_cancer_son_ipWRWBfEMdnRMAYd5q4HdN

SaviorEdwards
11-18-2011, 08:42 PM

http://m.nypost.com/f/mobile/sports/college/football/joe_paterno_has_lung_cancer_son_ipWRWBfEMdnRMAYd5q4HdN

Come on man, thats a bit harsh.

Skooby
11-19-2011, 05:39 AM
Come on man, thats a bit harsh.

How many other children's lives between then & now were harsh that could of been spared ??

Meathead
11-19-2011, 07:18 AM
If you just look at his interviews, the man looks like a sicko. He is so freaking creepy looking!!!!
you can take any person, literally ANY person, and they would look creepy and guilty as hell if you looked at them assuming they did this crime

i feel obligated to point out that it is still possible he is innocent. granted it looks really really bad right now and i wouldnt take that bet but there is an incredible hysteria that arises when the issue of child molestation comes up. just google Fells Acres Day Care Center and start reading. millions of people were absolutely convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt about the guilt of those people, and many other cases, ready to literally hang them from the nearest tree. their lives were utterly destroyed, they were under constant death threats, and in the end it was 100% fabricated. there are actually a whole series of incidents like this, just a horrible horrible manifestation of groupthink and mob rule

probably the only thing as bad as real molestation is the false accusation. i realize this is very difficult to fathom but if you want to be responsible you really have to consider the possibility. believe it or not, i was making this point back when that case was going on and everyone thought i was nuts err crazy. it would be nice if for once it wasnt always me that has to make this point

Skooby
11-19-2011, 07:32 AM
This reminds me of that airplane movie where the show "Counter-point" had made a reference to the passengers buying a airline ticket. One guy said, they knew what they were getting into so let them crash.

McQueer had a job, had 0 incentive to destroy his life & scandalize the entire school (possibly permanently). Your take is huge stretch but things like that can happen, just not in this case.

you can take any person, literally ANY person, and they would look creepy and guilty as hell if you looked at them assuming they did this crime

i feel obligated to point out that it is still possible he is innocent. granted it looks really really bad right now and i wouldnt take that bet but there is an incredible hysteria that arises when the issue of child molestation comes up. just google Fells Acres Day Care Center and start reading. millions of people were absolutely convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt about the guilt of those people, and many other cases, ready to literally hang them from the nearest tree. their lives were utterly destroyed, they were under constant death threats, and in the end it was 100% fabricated. there are actually a whole series of incidents like this, just a horrible horrible manifestation of groupthink and mob rule

probably the only thing as bad as real molestation is the false accusation. i realize this is very difficult to fathom but if you want to be responsible you really have to consider the possibility. believe it or not, i was making this point back when that case was going on and everyone thought i was nuts err crazy. it would be nice if for once it wasnt always me that has to make this point

Meathead
11-19-2011, 07:35 AM
'but mh he was caught having sex with a ten year old in the shower'

was he?

theres already an obvious hysteria going on here with this automatic assumption that a man and a boy taking a public shower is somehow wrong. in my childhood i was naked around grown men including individual men tens of times, in the shower, in the sauna, in the lockerroom, and nothing ever happened and i never thought twice about it. still wouldnt. americans are incredibly weird when it comes to nudity. go to europe and people strip down to go in the coed jacuzzi or steam room all the time. when i went skiing there and was getting ready to go into the hot tub i saw a man and his entire family including kids strip down in front of everybody, take a shower, and get in. frankly, to me its kinda sick the way you all are thinking

so why would the assistant report they were having anal sex? because thats what he thought he saw. if you start out with the assumption that a boy and an older man in the shower is always horrifying then you will see what horrifies you whenever the situation comes close to matching what is in your head. they COULD have been doing exactly what sanduski said, horsing around, the adult chasing the kid around the shower and just when he catches him the assistant walks in and sees the adult with his arms around the kid with the boy facing the other way and omg hes butt boning him

again, go through the day care center case records and see that there were all kinds of reports apparently corroborated of very specific acts. all. that. never. happened.

granted, pedophilia is a horrible crime, we need to be very watchful for it, and perpetrators need to be handled in a serious and harsh manner. but the solution is not to ban all nudity and to forbid kids having relationships with adults. certainly you have to be careful, but if you simply prohibit any kind of contact or interaction out of a hysterical carte blanche fear that something will happen then you are likely sacrificing wonderful productive relationships your kids could have with loving (not that way) adults. those relationship can be vital and positive to a childs development. to simply avoid them based on what are actually sick tendencies in your own mind are, well, sick

Meathead
11-19-2011, 07:48 AM
'but mh theres somebody ready to testify against him'

troubling, but so was the testimony of tens of kids that swore under oath that places like Fells Acres had satanic rituals where multiple members of the family took turns raping them. certainly no one could possibly make up those kinds of stories so they MUST be true, right?

'but mh this witness ready to testify is an adult'

false memories are a real phenomenon. i dont have an example but im sure youve all heard of them and we could come up with some with a little research. some people become absolutely positively convinced of something when in fact it never happened. theres even a technical term for it that therapists get trained to avoid and lawyers/judges get trained to identify because of the devastation it has caused

granted it is probably a one in a million chance, but you cant just throw that one chance away to be able to feel good about rushing to judgment about something so serious. a progressive slot machine jackpot often has a one in a HUNDRED MILLION chance, and yet eventually it pays off. life churns out kajillions of scenarios and incidences every moment, eventually they are going to line up to make someone look stone cold guilty when in fact they arent. if you or someone you love happens to hit that gruesome jackpot you are going to hope and pray theres a mh out there willing to look at the possibility

all im saying is that as a responsible, critical thinking adult you should cultivate the ability to consider that possibility. you dont HAVE to make a determination about guilt at this point. you can sit back and see what happens and hope for the best even as it looks the worst. you can be JUST as outraged, JUST as horrified, and still hold out hope that its a misunderstanding. and if he is guilty, you can be JUST as committed to making sure he pays for those crimes and work to try to avoid it ever happening again. you lose NOTHING by taking this approach and you GAIN the ability to not be part of the devastation of groupthink and mob rule

Skooby
11-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Maybe you're not grasping the entire situation here, he physically penetrated a 10 year old boy & was stopped by the coach. Do you think this was this first time that's happened ?? When a drug addict gets caught with drugs, was it the first time he got high ??

The guy is obviously a Pedophile & it takes a lot of nerve to actually rape children in the team's showering facility on campus. I'll assume that nerve was built-up over time & came at many other children's expense, which is all common sense.

Any normal parent that actually has children that are near this age can validate the fear of pedophiles being near their kids. That in mind, strange men showering with ~10 year old children is never something I dealt with growing up in the Buffalo suburbs, regardless if it's something that might have been more accepted where you grew up.

'but mh he was caught having sex with a ten year old in the shower'

was he?

theres already an obvious hysteria going on here with this automatic assumption that a man and a boy taking a public shower is somehow wrong. in my childhood i was naked around grown men including individual men tens of times, in the shower, in the sauna, in the lockerroom, and nothing ever happened and i never thought twice about it. still wouldnt. americans are incredibly weird when it comes to nudity. go to europe and people strip down to go in the coed jacuzzi or steam room all the time. when i went skiing there and was getting ready to go into the hot tub i saw a man and his entire family including kids strip down in front of everybody, take a shower, and get in. frankly, to me its kinda sick the way you all are thinking

so why would the assistant report they were having anal sex? because thats what he thought he saw. if you start out with the assumption that a boy and an older man in the shower is always horrifying then you will see what horrifies you whenever the situation comes close to matching what is in your head. they COULD have been doing exactly what sanduski said, horsing around, the adult chasing the kid around the shower and just when he catches him the assistant walks in and sees the adult with his arms around the kid with the boy facing the other way and omg hes butt boning him

again, go through the day care center case records and see that there were all kinds of reports apparently corroborated of very specific acts. all. that. never. happened.

granted, pedophilia is a horrible crime, we need to be very watchful for it, and perpetrators need to be handled in a serious and harsh manner. but the solution is not to ban all nudity and to forbid kids having relationships with adults. certainly you have to be careful, but if you simply prohibit any kind of contact or interaction out of a hysterical carte blanche fear that something will happen then you are likely sacrificing wonderful productive relationships your kids could have with loving (not that way) adults. those relationship can be vital and positive to a childs development. to simply avoid them based on what are actually sick tendencies in your own mind are, well, sick

Meathead
11-19-2011, 08:26 AM
he was? and you know this how?

Skooby
11-19-2011, 11:32 AM
he was? and you know this how?

Eyewitness accounts that had nothing to gain & everything to lose, folks just don't do that. The kids know what he did, so it's not relevant as to what I know anyways.

cgbm
11-19-2011, 03:11 PM

wow man. i think you need to take a breath and think about what your saying.

i understand you think he didnt do enough... but cursing him after he finds out he has cancer is WAY TO FAR.

are you saying he needs to die because of all this?

cgbm
11-19-2011, 03:13 PM
not to mention the fact that when he found out this was happening, he took it to the AD. and there was an investigation by campus POLICE!!!!

and after none of that went through, paterno forced sandusky into retirement.

and after that the AD and prez, retained his permisssions on the campus.

JOE PA DID HIS PART. not only in my eyes, but in the laws eyes to.

Meathead
11-19-2011, 03:19 PM
dude you seriously have to do some research on eyewitness accounts/testimony and especially those regarding pedophilia. there is an entire body of knowledge on how easily people can get that stuff completely wrong

we have no idea what actually happened or what he saw or what he thinks he saw. it looks bad right now but im holding out hope just because i gain nothing by making a firm determination right now and its the right thing to do

Skooby
11-19-2011, 07:16 PM
not to mention the fact that when he found out this was happening, he took it to the AD. and there was an investigation by campus POLICE!!!!

and after none of that went through, paterno forced sandusky into retirement.

and after that the AD and prez, retained his permisssions on the campus.

JOE PA DID HIS PART.

They all got fired for being a great group of guys as well, LOL. You guys are all single / without Kids, right?

BuffaloBlitz83
11-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Cancer is not going to give me pity. Joe pa created a web of future child molestors. These poor kids who had their lives ruined and can likely become animals. He could have stopped half of it. How did this man sleep. Death penalty or cancer leadibg to death is fine by me. All to protect the legacy

Skooby
11-20-2011, 06:23 AM
Cancer is not going to give me pity. Joe pa created a web of future child molestors. These poor kids who had their lives ruined and can likely become animals. He could have stopped half of it. How did this man sleep. Death penalty or cancer leadibg to death is fine by me. All to protect the legacy

Your obviously a father that can relate, right ??

cgbm
11-20-2011, 08:56 AM
They all got fired for being a great group of guys as well, LOL. You guys are all single / without Kids, right?

Married with kids.

Nobody got fired for being great.

I dont think joe is innocent but he isnt the worst person here

cgbm
11-20-2011, 09:04 AM

What you are saying is so rediculous. Joe pa did not create a web of molesters. SANDUSKY created them. Joe pa reported it. And when the system that he WORKED FOR failed, he fired dusky. And now your calling the vctims out and calling them molesters. Think about what your saying

Joe pa isnt innocent but his actions arent deserving of death. Come on man