PDA

View Full Version : Bills-Cowboys Analysis

Mahdi
11-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Thinking about this game, realistically, the Bills should lose. If we compare each of the critical phases of the game the Bills are weaker in too many areas.

Bills Pass Rush vs Cowboys Pass Rush - You can't even compare these two. Buffalo will give Romo plenty of time in the pocket and with a TE like Witten its going to be hard to get off the field. We have been very bad against TEs for a while now and it won't get any better tomorrow.

Levitre was able to hold up against Orakpo and struggled against Maybin at times. Tomorrow is a whole other thing, Ware is going to expose Levitre badly and even if Hairston plays he will have a tough time against D.Ware. Bell is a HUGE loss in this game.

Bills Run D vs Cowboys Run D - The Cowboys have a bit of an advantage in this area although not by much. I expect both teams to run the ball very well. If this was 3 weeks ago I would say the Bills would win for sure. But with the Cowboys now having a legit run game its going to be hard to defend their offense.

If this game goes as it should, the Cowboys will win and could be by a large margin.

How the Bills can win:

Protect Fitz and he will cut up their defense because their seconary is their biggest weakness. Stevie and Nelson is a huge mismatch for any of their DBs. If they are getting pressure then use a lot of slants and quick outs. Hopefully we can make good use of the screen and slow down their rush. FJ should get a lot of catches.

Generate a pass rush and force Romo into mistakes. Even if we allow yardage on the ground, if we can get to Romo and hit him we will do well defensively or at least limit them to FGs.

Not sure how the Bills will pressure Romo, it will have to be based on scheme because we are without Kelsay and Merriman. Spencer Johnson and Batten are on the outside. Edwards will have to be creative, very creative.

Hopefully I'm dead wrong and Bills win!

Skooby
11-12-2011, 08:02 PM
A few things, the Bills are pissed-off at how things went last week & have a chip on their shoulder. You're not weighing in our passion for play & basing this on the last few weeks, we need to get hot now.

Bills win this 27-17, not that close.

Mahdi
11-12-2011, 08:05 PM
A few things, the Bills are pissed-off at how things went last week & have a chip on their shoulder. You're not weighing in our passion for play & basing this on the last few weeks, we need to get hot now.

Bills win this 27-17, not that close.
I intentionally didn't factor in passion or chips on shoulders.

I was talking purely about should as in, strengths and weaknesses.

Hopefully intangibles play a big role in it.

Don't forget the Cowboys are also in a tight spot in their division and need this win badly.

Skooby
11-12-2011, 08:59 PM
I intentionally didn't factor in passion or chips on shoulders.

I was talking purely about should as in, strengths and weaknesses.

Hopefully intangibles play a big role in it.

Don't forget the Cowboys are also in a tight spot in their division and need this win badly.

The Cowboys cannot handle FJ, that'll be their downfall when other WR come open at that point. I actually think that we lead by 10 at the half.

Mahdi
11-12-2011, 09:00 PM
The Cowboys cannot handle FJ, that'll be their downfall when other WR come open at that point. I actually think that thatr we lead by 10 at the half.
Yeah that's our best shot. Run FJ hard and force Ware to play run D.

YardRat
11-13-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm afraid our secondary will get exposed, once again, and with no ability to create a pass rush through scheme it could be a long day.

zone
11-13-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm afraid our secondary will get exposed, once again, and with no ability to create a pass rush through scheme it could be a long day.
I feel the opposite, I think our secondary will thrive against a mistake prone Romo. Wilson had a big day the last time they played and we picked off Romo 5 times. I know that was 4 years ago and a different team but we are second in the league in INT's.

Mahdi
11-13-2011, 03:01 PM
I really didn't want this to come true...

Bills are looking very very bad and I don't think its going to get much better.

Wood injured, Johnson injured, no pass rushers on the roster. I think we're in for a long long season.