PDA

View Full Version : Do Sabres need a 'heart' transplant

snow1989
11-13-2011, 02:17 AM
I don't post much....the grind of arguing over who had a good night, or could have done better is as old as the age of man.

Tonight however, I saw an instance where this team had a chance to prove that things had changed, that they had toughened up ( as analysts and pundits have claimed after picking up Regher, Ehrhoff, and getting rid of Connolly )....they blinked.

I think there is little doubt that Lucic meant to run into Miller, and in doing so he delivered a shot to the head ( which yes the league should review for suspension purposes - as they typically do )....but where was the response? Where was the 'heart' to tell the bruins it was unacceptable?

Mark Howe recently stated that 'runs are being taken on guys all over the ice' because the league is trying to control the repercussions instead of letting team-mates do it.

Ehrhoff - stout, tough to play, will hit.....Regher, can play with a mean streak, Gaustad - a team leader......pffttttt, comments like these printed in papers, made by commentators mean zilch when there's no 'heart' .....

So my question is....Where does this team get a 'heart' transplant from? Who steps up and says 'you're not taking liberties on my watch"...? Can it come from within this team? Or does a trade need to happen?

There's talent on this team...but, until other teams have a healthy 'respect' I think the Cup will stand out of reach.

GreedoII
11-13-2011, 07:34 AM
Get rid of Ruff. He is the problem. Period.

DMBcrew36
11-13-2011, 07:50 AM
Have to look at who was on the ice..

Gaustad
Myers
Pominville
Vanek
Sekera

You would like to see Gaustad going after Lucic. If not him, then Myers. Seeing as though nobody went after him, you'd like to see someone run Thomas or take a cheap shot on Lucic once play resumed. Running Thomas would've been the most appropriate and easy response - just go full speed at the net and drive him into the crossbar. That would sent the right message in response pretty quickly and easily.

But nothing. I guess we have to wait til the rematch on Nov 23 - where presumably not much will happen. Personally, I think it still wouldn't be too late to run Thomas or Rask.

rbochan
11-13-2011, 08:28 AM
You have to have a heart before one an be transplanted.

2slowtogofast
11-13-2011, 09:31 AM
I am disgusted that we let that happen. If everyone is afraid of Lucic then run into Thomas come on guys. Don't be a doormat

YardRat
11-13-2011, 09:34 AM
That didn't come with the new locker room?

Cleve
11-13-2011, 09:08 PM
The Bruins made the Sabres their ***** last night. That shot on Miller should have cleared the damn bench. Or Thomas should have been hit later, or Lucic should have been slammed to the ice. Where's the fight in the team?

SkateZilla
11-13-2011, 09:30 PM
TBH we need a Brain Transplant, my 10 year old neighbor plays better D

GreedoII
11-14-2011, 12:54 PM
What they really need is a talent infusion................

But they have infused more talent. Same thing. Heartless and disinterested hockey playing for long streches. I will spell it out....IT IS THE COACH WHO HAS BEEN HERE WAY TOO LONG.

PTI
11-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Montador would have fought Lucic........

Ruff has been there at least 3 years too long