PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone STILL think the TOP problem is on the offense?

OpIv37
11-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Dallas was 9 for 9 on third down, including 5 for 5 on ONE DRIVE, in the first half.

This D can't get off the field. They're awful.

We need the O to score 30+ AND the D needs 2-3 turnovers to win.

clumping platelets
11-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Offensive gameplan: "Where's is McGee?"..........BREAK!

BuffaloBlitz83
11-13-2011, 01:29 PM
We Stink. And need to thank Raiders and Pats for choking. Otherwise we are still that same crap team. Today is embarrassing

Crisis
11-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Offensive gameplan: "Run anywhere/Throw anywhere"..........BREAK!

fixed

psubills62
11-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Offensive gameplan: "Where's is McGee?"..........BREAK!
I'm pretty sure Romo is just drawing up plays in the turf at this point.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-13-2011, 01:37 PM
But honestly, how much more can they do? They keep getting upgrades and yet nothing happens.

Buffalo Thriller
11-13-2011, 02:17 PM
If you think Fitz is playing better than average i want to meet your drug dealer.

PTI
11-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Fitz is no threat to beat a team deep, that is why they can tee off on him and blitz and stuff all the 3 yard passes.

Reality is he is more mobile Trent Edwards, he is dump off passer.

OpIv37
11-13-2011, 02:21 PM
If you think Fitz is playing better than average i want to meet your drug dealer.
Fitz doesn't play 3rd down defense.

bf1
11-13-2011, 02:35 PM
The team has way too many weaknesses and they are getting exposed.

sqad5
11-13-2011, 02:37 PM
yeah 4 yard passes every down

Crisis
11-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Dallas defense - 7

Buffalo offense - 7

I'd say we have a ton of problems...

BADTHINGSMAN
11-13-2011, 02:44 PM
So many draft picks/free agents, yet no holes filled.

cookie G
11-13-2011, 02:50 PM
But honestly, how much more can they do? They keep getting upgrades and yet nothing happens.

They need a defensive mind.

They don't have one.

Chan isn't one, Buddy isn't one

Edwards sure isn't one.

You're right, they can upgrade the D all they want, but until they get someone who knows how to use them...it doesn't matter.

BillyT92679
11-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Dallas was 9 for 9 on third down, including 5 for 5 on ONE DRIVE, in the first half.

This D can't get off the field. They're awful.

We need the O to score 30+ AND the D needs 2-3 turnovers to win.
exactly correct

Fitz, the wideouts, and especially the oline struggled today, but you know it would have been at least a game if the Bills defense wasn't so terrible. Bomb touchdown pass after the missed kick was bad enough, but the six minute drive at the end of the first half after the Nelson td was horrifying. No chance after that. Fitz is going to die on the field from all the hits when the defenses pinning their ears back and Freddie will be super underutilized if the Bills have to play catchup all the time. It's disgusting.

Mr. Pink
11-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Chan needs to run the ball more to open up the passing game and keep the porous steaming pile of crap we call a defense off the field as much as possible.

BillyT92679
11-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Fitz is no threat to beat a team deep, that is why they can tee off on him and blitz and stuff all the 3 yard passes.

Reality is he is more mobile Trent Edwards, he is dump off passer.
please... he hit Spiller on a rope while getting decked in the face and if Spiller wouldn't gack all over himself would have scored a td
he can throw it deep... the Bills have NOBODY who can catch it deep

PTI
11-13-2011, 06:29 PM
please... he hit Spiller on a rope while getting decked in the face and if Spiller wouldn't gack all over himself would have scored a td
he can throw it deep... the Bills have NOBODY who can catch it deep
Missed Jones by 10 yards a few plays after, and the first INT off Jones hands was a pass that missed too. Spiller should have had that one, but in no way is Fitz good with the long, he is the overall LAST IN THE NFL on passes over 20 yards, he just isn't a real threat and every other team knows this. The actual reality of the Spiller throw is if Spiller didn't "gack all over himself", then this pass would have also been well underthrown, the gack gave him a better chance at the catch.

kingJofNYC
11-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Chan needs to run the ball more to open up the passing game and keep the porous steaming pile of crap we call a defense off the field as much as possible.

Agree, more two tight end sets, and just pound the run, pass less and try to grind it out.

Mike
11-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Depends what you mean by "top problem". If you mean worst unit, the defense is it hands down. If you mean ,the unit that is now keeping us from winning than it's the offense. Throughout this year, the defense has been consistently bad, and the Bills still won because of their offense. Now, the offense has been inconstant and the teams goes as the offense goes...

DraftBoy
11-13-2011, 08:36 PM
I think there are problems with just about every facet of the game right now.

Night Train
11-14-2011, 06:41 AM
I think there are problems with just about every facet of the game right now.

I just waiting for the thread that states WR is our top priority next off-season. :rofl:

OLB's- 2
CB's-3
DE - 1

Then WR...maybe..

DraftBoy
11-14-2011, 07:17 AM
I just waiting for the thread that states WR is our top priority next off-season. :rofl:

OLB's- 2
CB's-3
DE - 1

Then WR...maybe..

NT
OT
OG

as well.

And we also need to find some sort of developmental backup QB unless we are all excited to see Thigpen again!

Cleve
11-14-2011, 07:23 AM
NT
OT
OG

as well.

And we also need to find some sort of developmental backup QB unless we are all excited to see Thigpen again!

Yep, every year that the Bills avoid drafting a franchise-caliber QB means another year of futility down the road.

The Bills have serious problems on offense - especially when Blitzpatrick goes into interception mode - it's just that the defense is the bigger problem. Bills have looked like a 4-12 or 5-11 team the last two weeks instead of a .500+ playoff contender.

jamze132
11-14-2011, 07:27 AM
I think the biggest problem with Buffalo's defense is the lack of creativity. George Edwards must go.

Constantly we see our DBs out-back pedal themselves right out of the play. hardly any bumping of the WRs on the LOS to disrupt the timing at all either.

Another key reason is the lack of discipline as well. How many times have we seen a LB NOT fill his assigned gap? or what about the poor schlup who is out on contain? Do they even know what contain is? Do our Lbs even bother to look at who is coming remotely close to their zone? It is WAY too easy for every NFL team to move the ball on us since we play this extremely loose zone that has holes a truck could pass through.

I think the bottom line is the coaching. Edwards isn't creative enough and it appears that the position coaches aren't properly teaching the right things. Gailey and Nix need to fire the **** out of their defense after this debacle ends.

DraftBoy
11-14-2011, 07:30 AM
I said when we moved to a 34 two years ago the CB issue needed to be addressed because we needed bigger, more physical CB's who can press and cover one on one.

People here said I was wrong, those same people now see what I saw back then.

Despite making clear progress in bringing the right personnel in we are still woefully under manned in the kind of players we really need.

warsawbassman
11-14-2011, 07:44 AM
Well when Tony Romo, Mark Sanchez, a rookie Andy Dalton, and Jason Cambell, all look like first ballot HOF'ers.............then yes defense is a big problem. Washington and KC's offense must really suck, more than I even thought, if they couldn't put up on this collection of dog crap.

I do not hink offense is as big of a problem, short of having Brady/Manning, not many offenses can over come terrible, border line all time bad, defensive play week after week all year long. I give them credit for the weeks they were able to pull it off, when they have a couple off weeks (which every offense does) and get ZERO help from the D, this is what happens..............blown out.

OpIv37
11-14-2011, 07:46 AM
I said when we moved to a 34 two years ago the CB issue needed to be addressed because we needed bigger, more physical CB's who can press and cover one on one.

Despite making clear progress in bringing the right personnel in we are still woefully under manned in the kind of players we really need.

Clearly, you care more about being right than winning.

madness
11-14-2011, 08:04 AM
A few key injuries on this team and the lack of talent is exposed. This roster is still incomplete.

better days
11-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Depends what you mean by "top problem". If you mean worst unit, the defense is it hands down. If you mean ,the unit that is now keeping us from winning than it's the offense. Throughout this year, the defense has been consistently bad, and the Bills still won because of their offense. Now, the offense has been inconstant and the teams goes as the offense goes...

I agree the offense has not played well enough to win games of late. The reason is the injuries the OL has had. Having to play Levitre at LT instead of LG has hurt both the run game & passing game.

albertjenney
11-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Agree, more two tight end sets, and just pound the run, pass less and try to grind it out.

yah you are right

albertjenney
11-14-2011, 08:17 AM
yah you are right

Historian
11-14-2011, 11:51 AM
They need a defensive mind.

They don't have one.

Chan isn't one, Buddy isn't one

Edwards sure isn't one.

You're right, they can upgrade the D all they want, but until they get someone who knows how to use them...it doesn't matter.

Wanny is.

I've been saying he needs more responsibility since they crapped the bed against the Bengals.

Bill Cody
11-14-2011, 11:56 AM
You keep drafting defense early until....you have a good defense.

DraftBoy
11-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Clearly, you care more about being right than winning.

Well obviously.

DraftBoy
11-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Wanny is.

I've been saying he needs more responsibility since they crapped the bed against the Bengals.

Says who he is? He's a soft corner Cover 2 style coach. Pass on Wanny taking over control.

better days
11-14-2011, 11:59 AM

Well, we needed bigger faster DL's & LB's two years ago as well. That was a bigger need. I would still say the Bills could use a couple OLB's before CB's myself, preferably at least one that can get to the QB.

cookie G
11-14-2011, 12:13 PM

To some they will always be undermanned and there will be a constant.. "we need this" to be successful.

if the CB's aren't adept to playing man.....then play zone, something they have shown the ability to play. It isn't that difficult.

After 1 1/2 years, despite 3 new FA starters, and 5 top 3 round draft choices...this defense is worse than it was in 2009.

cookie G
11-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Wanny is.

Possibly. We def. missed out on Wade Phillips when he was fired.

Bill Cody
11-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Possibly. We def. missed out on Wade Phillips when he was fired.

Right. Like he'd come back here at gunpoint.

better days
11-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Right. Like he'd come back here at gunpoint.

I think there is a 50/50 chance he would come back to Buffalo at gunpoint.

Bill Cody
11-14-2011, 01:40 PM
I think there is a 50/50 chance he would come back to Buffalo at gunpoint.

You'd need at least a .38.

Extremebillsfan247
11-14-2011, 02:24 PM
There is no doubt this defense is the main driving force behind the Bills struggles.

Cleve
11-14-2011, 05:25 PM
There is no doubt this defense is the main driving force behind the Bills struggles.

I think it's 50-50, actually. If the score had been closer, your argument would have more merit. But every time the opponent scores, we do get the ball immediately back.

And what did the Bills do with all those opportunities? Nothing.

Bills scored 11 points last week, and 7 this week. A team isn't going to win very many games, even with a superb defense, with such offensive futility.

The way the Bills offense looked yesterday - even if the defense had gotten the offense 50% more possessions, the Bills would have been lucky to score another 7 points, frankly. Probably would have been more opportunities, actually, for Blitzpatrick to throw his signature back-breaking interceptions.