• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

We spent $11 M to extend Fitz??

My wife tells me I'm premature but this has to be the Webster dictionary picture, DJ is vindicated.
  • sqad5
    • Dec 2004

Re: We spent $11 M to extend Fitz??

yeah **** all this ****,we ****ing suck
    >

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

Everyone told me I was crazy when I said it was an awful signing.

Comment

• sqad5
        • Dec 2004

now we will never know if johnson is great,we have fitz throwing to him
        >

Comment

• kingJofNYC
          • Sep 2009

24m guaranteed, that's all they really owe him, I expect them to draft a QB in the first two rounds in the next couple of drafts.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
            24m guaranteed, that's all they really owe him, I expect them to draft a QB in the first two rounds in the next couple of drafts.
            That should give us some grooming time if that's the case.

Comment

• HendersonD06
              • Oct 2005

It was an awful signing... He sucks against good D's (see Jets) and he's never even played a playoff game. Chances are, he'd **** the bed come postseason play. He's a career jag, nothing more; nothing less.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                Everyone told me I was crazy when I said it was an awful signing.
                Too many people jump the gun after a few games. I was one who wanted to keep him around but I wanted them to wait the season out to see how him and the team finished.

It's not like he had a career profile to go from. He had some average play last year and a good first month this season. Instead of waiting to see how he would do over the course of a season they jumped the gun and overpaid for him.

It still would have been viable to re-sign him but not for 24 million guaranteed. With the way it has went since then he would have been worth 2/3 of that contract if that. It would have been more of a 4 year type deal for around 30 million and maybe 12-14 million guaranteed.
                Last edited by BillsFever21; 11-13-2011, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
                  Oh is that it? On a team that runs with a limited budget. I'm glad we paid him 30-50 percent more then he would have been worth had they waited it out a little longer instead of jumping the gun like they did with Dick Jauron when we got off to a good start.

Comment

• Akhippo
                    • Nov 2002

Who the hell was going to pay him more? Let him test the market. That would make his fourth or fifth team in his career. Thats franchise material?

I was not a fan of all the eggs in Fitz's basket. especially when the head coach says they are doing it with smoke and mirrors. WHAT?
                    Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Fitz seems complacent now that he's collected his big payday.

This sure isn't the same guy we saw a few weeks ago since he got his check.

It's Lee Evans all over again, a guy playing above his ability to get the big money and then just going through the motions.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Akhippo
                        Who the hell was going to pay him more? Let him test the market. That would make his fourth or fifth team in his career. Thats franchise material?

I was not a fan of all the eggs in Fitz's basket. especially when the head coach says they are doing it with smoke and mirrors. WHAT?
                        Testing the market after a full year = win Bills.

Testing the market after 1/2 year body of work = win Fitz.

Bottom line, Fitz won.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

I knew there was a reason why I didn't want to see him extended until after the season.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            Fitz seems complacent now that he's collected his big payday.

This sure isn't the same guy we saw a few weeks ago since he got his check.

It's Lee Evans all over again, a guy playing above his ability to get the big money and then just going through the motions.
                            I think it's a combination of Fitz being complacent and a combination of the league just catching on to our simplistic offense. It's nothing but a short passing game and we can't or never stretch the field on a regular basis to back them up. The defenses are just playing us tight and short and giving them the 5 yard pass and tackling them instead of letting them get YAC like we did early in the season.

You could see it coming if you were looking at the team through a realistic point of view the first month of the season. Especially after he started to cool off after the first few weeks. Even so they still didn't wait it out a little longer and caved in and gave him big money based off of three games.

Even if he would've exceled for most of the season he still wouldn't have gotten anymore money then he already did. The Bills screwed the pooch. Also no team from the outside probably would've given it to him and the Bills were the best fit for him to get the money.

Many of us kept saying the Bills need to wait longer but they jumped the gun once again. Now we have a QB we owe at least 24 million too and still need to look for a QB of the future. He can win you games if you have a decent defense but he's not going to carry the team on his back. He's an average QB that can excel in the right situation and certain games but that's it. We paid him more money then that's worth.

Comment

• jimmacie
                              • Dec 2008

We've done this so many times - when will they learn?

Kelsay - Big payday - now sucks or is injured
                              Kyle Williams - Big Payday - now injured
                              Lee Evans - Big Payday - big drop in effectiveness plus injury
                              Fitz - Big payday - now simply mediocre

I hope they don't jump the gun with Stevie Johnson - He sure has looked ordinary the past few games. If anyone deserves a better contract, it is Fred Jackson and he is the one who will probably NOT get it.

It makes you wonder about our front office leadership(?).

Comment

Working...
                              X