PDA

View Full Version : clear as night and day

DesertFox24
11-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Look the problem is not Fitz, and the offense has really struggled since we had to move Levitre to LT instead of LG.

That being said we are no playoff team and that should be apparent now.

That being said we have gotten better in some key areas.

Defense
1. Run defense is better, not great but better
2. Much better job at getting turnovers

Offense
1. Red zone efficiency
2. Run the ball
3. Short passing game
4. Nelson/Johnson/Chandler showing up we have some weapons as well as Freddy

Now that being said we are struggling lately because we are playing players in positions that they can not play due to necessity in my opinion.

1. Spencer Johnson is not a OLB
2. Levitre is not a LT, the guy is a top 5 guard keep him there
3. We lack depth in some key areas, thank God we have 9 draft picks now and will probably get another 4th or 5th for Poz.

Now here is what we need to do in my opinion this off season to become a playoff team in 2012. The defense is still our weakness and our vertical passing game is hindering our offense.

1. OLB (we need to grab a day one starter that can do what Johnson can not do and that is play good in run defense and pressure the passer and beat one on one blocks)
2. A WR that can stretch a defense I am not sure who is out there in the second round but we need a guy who can run vertical routes and beat defenders
3. OL depth this could be done via FA/resigning players/ and late round drafts picks
4. Another corner we need at least one more (McGee, Florence, McKelvin, Rodgers, Williams) will be our top 5 we need another one to challenge McGee, Florence, and McKelvin. I believe Williams will be a starter next year if he shows something these next 7 games.
5. More LBs both inside and OLB. We will only have 3 or 4 OLBs and 3 or 4 ILBs after this season. (Merriman, Batten, Kelsay are the OLBs), and (Barnett, Sheppard, White, and Moats) at ILB. I think Moats would be better at ILB in my opinion and we need to keep him there next season, that is why I say draft OLBs early and often.

In summary we are not as bad as we have played the last weeks and are not as far off as we think right now. We need to be able to generate a legitimate pass rush with 3 and 4 rushers, and we need a deep threat to open the middle of the field which Fitz can destroy.

Draft OLBs (at least 2) and I would draft 2 wrs that can stretch the field. That would leave us with 6 other picks, and we all know Buddy does not trade our picks so we will use them all.