PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Needs

YardRat
11-13-2011, 03:10 PM
1. Defensive coordinator - Edwards blows.
2. Outside LBer - DBoy has it pegged with his recent mock...We desperately need a guy on the outside that can play upright or with his hand on the ground, and get to the QB on sheer skill alone.
3. WR - Lack of speed on the outside (a true deep threat) has compressed our passing attack to the point where it's too easy to defense and we have no ability to stretch the field vertically.
4. Cornerback - McGee is old, and McKelvin just flat out sucks...zero skills.
5. Left Tackle - I know, broken record, but Bell is probably gone (wasn't the answer anyway) and even though I think Hairston could be a good one it wouldn't break my heart to see an elite LT on the line and have Hairston slide over to the right. If Hairston can get anywhere near above average I'd be OK replacing this with RT. Pears appears to be getting better, but has a pretty low ceiling IMO.
6. NT - Troup isn't really making any noise, Williams would be nice to slide to the outside...Dareus can play wherever he wants to but a true slobberin' nose tackle would give us great flexibility to move Marcel around.
7. RG - The left side is set with Levitre (when he can get back there) but Urbik and Rhinehart are depth at best. A nasty roadgrader would be nice.
8. Back-up Center-If Woods goes down, and he will, a legit #2 center would alleviate any line-shuffling.
9. An offensive coordinator-Too much for Gailey to handle, wearing both hats, IMO.
10. Another corner. There isn't anybody on this specific squad that can't be replaced, and most of them deserve to be.

Crisis
11-13-2011, 03:16 PM
I agree with everything, I'd even go as far to say that no one on this defensive coaching staff should be here next year. I'd also change back-up center to OL depth in general, our tackle/center depth is atrocious.

And I don't know where it comes from, whether from a scheme or adding a pass rusher or two... but this team needs a pass rush.

Night Train
11-13-2011, 03:16 PM
OLB-CB-OLB-CB-CB-DE-DE-WR-OT-CB

Crisis
11-13-2011, 03:19 PM
It'd be nice to have a year where we're not talking about offseason needs before Thanksgiving.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-13-2011, 03:24 PM
This team needs only one thing that they can possibly get:

To be put out of its misery. If this team does not make the playoffs-- and especially if the Lions do-- the NFL should expel them. Ralph only put a few thousand bucks into the team, it's not like he's losing any real money on his investment.

Mr. Pink
11-13-2011, 03:58 PM
1. A Real Owner
2. A Real GM
3. A Real HC
4. A Real OC
5. A Real DC
6. Some talent
7. Realignment to the NFC West.

I only got 7, sorry.

DraftBoy
11-13-2011, 03:59 PM
1. Defensive coordinator
2. Outside LBer :check:
3. WR :check:
4. Cornerback :check:
5. Left Tackle :check:
6. NT
7. RG :check:
8. Back-up Center
9. An offensive coordinator
10. Another corner :check:

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/11/bills-7-round-mock-draft/

Though in fairness my WR is a size WR who makes plays down the field not the speed based one you wanted.

Akhippo
11-13-2011, 04:13 PM
First, if there is a QB there worth anything in the first, I say take him.

However, my priorities of replacement would go.

1. OLB - IF WE ACTUALLY WANT TO PLAY A 34.
2. OLB - Might as well get two since we have none.
3. CB - Two would help out to go along with a new DB Coach.
4. TE - One that would actually make the D pay over the middle.
5. An Fn aggressive gameplan.

Lastly, some HEART. How many time is Fitz shown on the bench by himself gazing aimlessly somewhere. Who on D brings the heat? Since it doesnt come from the coach, we need it from the players. FJAX is the only one that gets fired up.

YardRat
11-13-2011, 04:15 PM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/11/bills-7-round-mock-draft/

Though in fairness my WR is a size WR who makes plays down the field not the speed based one you wanted.

Doesn't have to be a burner IMO, as long as he has enough speed and skills to get down field.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-13-2011, 04:50 PM
7. Realignment to the NFC West.
In order to do that you'd need:

6½. Relocate to Los Angeles.

Which could be part of 1.

cgbm
11-13-2011, 05:40 PM
deff need an olb and a cb. and i agree with hippo. we could use two of both.

TigerJ
11-13-2011, 07:20 PM
I was willing to be patient with Edwards, but that patience is beginning to erode rapidly.

I agree on a pass rushing outside linebacker.

Agree on the speed issue at WR.

You may be right about the left tackle spot, but I'm not quite there yet.

Agree on nose tackle.

Agree on the guard spot.

Wood may already be down. On the official Bills message board a poster is reporting Paul Peck (channel 4 sports anchor) tweeted that when Wood went out with a leg injury today, it was an ACL. That's not to say it's necessarily torn, but but then if it's merely stretched, it's usually not reported as an ACL, rather it's a strained knee.

I don't really agree on Gailey. I think most of the issues with the Bills, even some on defense, are player personnel issues. I refer to Ingtar's post after the Jets game, stating that Gailey had used smoke and mirrors to enable the Bills offense to produce thus far. I think when you have to depend on smoke and mirrors, defensive coordinators are eventually going to figure it out. Gailey can probably keep the same scheme going forward, but the Bills need to continue upgrading personnel, as four of your 10 points specifically allude to.

Agree on another cornerback. Maybe Aaron Williams can come back and start developing, but all could CB spots be upgraded.

paladin warrior
11-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Need hire new hc
Take Ryan f. to army training QB boot camp
Get rid of Ralph
Rebuild new buffalo bills statuim
OLB
O-line
Wr
Don't be so cheap
Break Tom b leg
Kick Mark S testicles

Mike
11-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Franchise QB
Now won't happen for a good 6yrs minimum. There is a changing of the guard in the NFL, as we speak, as the Bradys & Manning's of the world are starting to wine down their careers and as a the new flock of franchise QBs take over... If we miss our chance now at a top procect, and I think we have, it might be another 10-15years before another Luck type prospect comes out.

Every generation has their franchise QBs. We missed on the last crop and hopefully we can draft of the next great ones. Does not look very likely...