PDA

View Full Version : When was the single point the wheels fell off this season??

Skooby
11-13-2011, 04:03 PM
I'll go with the Fitz's under throw, what's yours?

Mr. Pink
11-13-2011, 04:05 PM

Same play...I'll go with the playcall portion of it.

It's been a microcosm of the problem with the offense on the year, we simply do not run the football enough.

DesertFox24
11-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Look we are still tied for second in the afc east and one game behind the leader.

I am not saying we are making the playoffs because we are not, but this is a long season and it is clear we have a bunch of holes.

We need OLBs, and WR that can stretch the field.

Ginger Vitis
11-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Last week in the 3rd quarter on 4th and inches when they didn't qb sneak it and got stopped short of getting the 1st down

YardRat
11-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Retaining George Edwards as DC.

Michael82
11-13-2011, 04:20 PM
When the Bills chose to give Ryan Fitzpatrick a crazy new contract before seeing how he can do with a full season as starter. :ill:

Mahdi
11-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Injuries to Bell and Merriman.

People don't realize the experience Merriman brought to our defense and he was coming on as a pass rusher again before getting injured.

Bell forced Levitre outside which weakened two spots, which is even worse for a spread offense that relies on 5 man protections.

Another big injury was the injury to Aaron Williams and Kyle Williams which was devastating to our DL.

This team was not good enough to overcome all that.

BillsFever21
11-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Injuries to Bell and Merriman.

People don't realize the experience Merriman brought to our defense and he was coming on as a pass rusher again before getting injured.

Bell forced Levitre outside which weakened two spots, which is even worse for a spread offense that relies on 5 man protections.

Another big injury was the injury to Aaron Williams and Kyle Williams which was devastating to our DL.

This team was not good enough to overcome all that.

Every team has injuries throughout the season to their starters. That is a losers team excuse for not winning.

In a perfect league no starters on any team would get injured but that's not the case. Every team goes through them at some point. You have to overcome them and plan for them by having depth that can step in and not implode the progress.

I think just about every season there are people who say if this guy or that guy didn't get hurt we may have won more games or made the playoffs. It's the NFL and it happens. Good teams with good coaching overcome them.

ServoBillieves
11-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Losing K. Williams, A. Williams, Hairston, Bell, Merriman, Parrish, and Kelsay to injuries.

McGee is decent, McFumbles is awful this year, Florence is a ghost, Byrd and Wilson are great, and that's why no one is throwing their way.

Our NT is out, our best DE had to move inside, we're moving ex-DE's to OLB, and we have no corners. It honestly looked like we had 7 players dressed for defense today. Pathetic.

djjimkelly
11-13-2011, 04:52 PM
the play chris hairston got hurt

BillsFever21
11-13-2011, 04:52 PM
I don't believe there was any single point where the wheels starting falling off. You can't just look at one play of a game and say that was the turning point for the rest of the season.

We played a KC team who clearly wasn't ready to play week one and anybody probably would've beat them that week. The following two weeks we played an extraordinary 2nd half in each game and had a couple miracle comeback wins but it wasn't sustainable.

The team started to show it's colors after that. We blew a 14 point lead to the Bengals and we didn't look the same on offense. After that the Eagles fumbled and turned the ball over so much partly because of their own fault and even after getting out to a 21 point lead it took another fumble late in the game just to hold on to the win.

After that we played a tough game against the Giants but couldn't make the plays to pull out a win like we did the other wins which resulted in a loss. You could see the team reverting back to themselves as an average team after that span.

Then we beat up on a Redskin team that was in the dumps and still is. After that we played a real team who was playing good in the Jets and it's been totally downhill since then.

Although we were winning early it was taking an extreme amount of turnovers which wasn't sustainable, we were not turning the ball over ourselves and a great RZ efficiently which also wasn't sustainable to win the games. It was only a matter of time before the laws of averages evened out and we became the team we are. That's why it's a 16 game season and not a 5 week season. The good teams separate themselves after the first month and a half give or take.

We are an average team that when we are playing great football and getting some breaks we can beat anybody. When we are playing a normal game we will be in the game and it's a toss up whether we will win or lose. When we are playing bad we get totally blown out.

A good team will win most of their games when they are playing at their normal level. A good team can also still find ways to win games when they aren't playing their best football. We get blown out when that's the case. The reason is because we are an average team at best.

It was only a matter of time before this came about. When all your wins were coming from the other team turning the ball over multiple times a game and yourself playing your best football on offense possible and in the RZ and yet you still are squeaking out the victories that should have been the first sign for many people.

Too many people thought this team was for real because the stars were aligned right early in the season without looking at how we were winning and realizing that it wasn't sustainable and once the games go back to normal our team was most likely going to become normal again too.

Any team can have a good stretch to the season. Ours just happened at the beginning of the year again like in 2008. The good teams sustain the momentum and win consistently through an entire season and pretenders don't.

PTI
11-13-2011, 04:54 PM
The day they gave Fitz a new contract.

Before that, it really was the 6-7 times the Bills went 3 and out against the Bengals, you can see that the QB we have is just not capable of beating a decent team on the road.

BillsFever21
11-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Losing K. Williams, A. Williams, Hairston, Bell, Merriman, Parrish, and Kelsay to injuries.

McGee is decent, McFumbles is awful this year, Florence is a ghost, Byrd and Wilson are great, and that's why no one is throwing their way.

Our NT is out, our best DE had to move inside, we're moving ex-DE's to OLB, and we have no corners. It honestly looked like we had 7 players dressed for defense today. Pathetic.
I'll give you the injuries to Kyle Williams and Kelsay and maybe Bell but that's it. The only one elite out of that group was Williams.

As far as A. Williams and Hairston goes they were rookies and if that is what your team is based off of as far as having a winning season goes then you are not very good to begin with.

Then with Parrish and Merriman neither of them have been able to stay healthy for years so that shouldn't have been any huge surprise. They were players you couldn't depend on and if they did last the season then that's a plus. Parrish was never here from the start so you can't even count him. His injury played a zero role into our success early or lack of success since.

Like I said earlier every team loses starters. Losing teams blame their problems on injuries and good teams overcome them.

Part of being a good team is still being able to overcome injuries to your starters and still find ways to win games. That comes from coaching and having decent depth. In a perfect world only 22 players would play every week. Part of being a good team is also having depth to fill in.

The Steelers have lost Woodley, offensive linemen and other starters to injuries so far this season and they are still 7-3. The Patriots for many years would lose starters and still win. Even one year they lost Brady for the season and still won 11 games.

Now when the playoffs get here the impact of injuries especially to big time players can play a large role on who goes deep in the playoffs or to the SB. As far as the regular season goes good teams still find ways to overcome them and still win and make the playoffs.

Sure there are times when teams can lose multiple big time players which seriously affect their record but losing one Pro-Bowl type player, a couple average starters at best, a couple rookies and a couple players who you couldn't count on staying healthy to begin with is a lame excuse. A good team would overcome them and wouldn't be in the tailspin we're in and getting blown out as bad as we are.

Do you really think if Kyle Williams, Kelsay, Aaron Wiiliams and Hairston wasn't injured it would've made a big difference in these last two blowouts? Give me a break.

Kyle Williams and Kelsay have been here for years and we have been a losing team each year. Sure it doesn't help but to try and say their losses would've changed these last two blowouts into wins are silly and just excuses for a bad team.

don137
11-13-2011, 05:10 PM
Fitzpatrick has looked awful since his new contract leading the offense to 2 TDs total since new contract.

Mahdi
11-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Every team has injuries throughout the season to their starters. That is a losers team excuse for not winning.

In a perfect league no starters on any team would get injured but that's not the case. Every team goes through them at some point. You have to overcome them and plan for them by having depth that can step in and not implode the progress.

I think just about every season there are people who say if this guy or that guy didn't get hurt we may have won more games or made the playoffs. It's the NFL and it happens. Good teams with good coaching overcome them.
Which is why I said THIS team cannot overcome those injuries. Not enough talent or depth.

Many teams would struggle with those losses. Few would be able to overcome it and succeed.

If Dallas lost Ware, Ratliff, Scandrick, Robinson, Free and their backup OT they would also struggle.

BillsFever21
11-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Which is why I said THIS team cannot overcome those injuries. Not enough talent or depth.

Many teams would struggle with those losses. Few would be able to overcome it and succeed.

If Dallas lost Ware, Ratliff, Scandrick, Robinson, Free and their backup OT they would also struggle.
The only major player out of the group is Kyle Williams. Nobody even wanted Kelsay here before but now that he's injured it's a big reason as to why we've been blown out for two straight games. In the 5 games he has played he has 8 total tackles and one sack. Is that a huge difference?

Aaron Williams wouldn't even have been on the field that much as the 4th CB. Good teams can overcome them losses. The Bills aren't the only ones with injuries to starters. We basically lost one big player out of the group. The other ones were average starters at best or players that wouldn't even be on the field that much if healthy. Parrish hasn't been here from game one. You can't equate him into the scenario.

As far as the comparison to the Cowboys go I hope you are not comparing some of them guys to our losses. Especially losing Ware compared to us losing Merriman or Kelsay is laughable. Just because they play the same position doesn't mean squat. Ware is one of the best players in the game and many of the other players you mentioned are more of an impact on their team then the players we lost.

As far as the Cowboys themselves go it's not like they have been a great team. They are only 5-4 after they beat us and haven't been overwhelming this season.

The Seahawks are a horrible team and they played them tough last week. We got blown out by them and couldn't do anything. We beat the Eagles but they got blown out to the Eagles.

Mr. Pink
11-13-2011, 05:56 PM
With better play calling, this is a 7-2 team with wins over the Bengals and Giants.

Play calling has been the major hinderance this season without a doubt.

That's why I pointed out that the wheels fell off when Chan decided to throw with 4 minutes left against the Giants instead of pound our best player, playmaker and difference maker on offense.

BillyT92679
11-13-2011, 06:14 PM

But he's correct... the team went south a bit first when Bell got hurt in the Cincy game, then especially when Hairston got hurt. They got a terrible Redskins team at the right time.

No team today really has a lot of depth. But when you lose both your left tackles and you have to move a pro bowl caliber left guard into a left tackle position that he isn't built for in the NFL you'll have serious protection issues. The Bills rely on timing patterns and efficiency and that means having extremely solid pass pro. They don't have the players backing up to be consistent. Losing Merriman hurt some, as did Kyle, but the Bills d was bad all year really. The thing that killed the team were the o line injuries. The Bills need to be able to counterpunch and they can't do that.

ServoBillieves
11-13-2011, 06:16 PM
I'll give you the injuries to Kyle Williams and Kelsay and maybe Bell but that's it. The only one elite out of that group was Williams.

As far as A. Williams and Hairston goes they were rookies and if that is what your team is based off of as far as having a winning season goes then you are not very good to begin with.

Then with Parrish and Merriman neither of them have been able to stay healthy for years so that shouldn't have been any huge surprise. They were players you couldn't depend on and if they did last the season then that's a plus. Parrish was never here from the start so you can't even count him. His injury played a zero role into our success early or lack of success since.

Like I said earlier every team loses starters. Losing teams blame their problems on injuries and good teams overcome them.

Part of being a good team is still being able to overcome injuries to your starters and still find ways to win games. That comes from coaching and having decent depth. In a perfect world only 22 players would play every week. Part of being a good team is also having depth to fill in.

The Steelers have lost Woodley, offensive linemen and other starters to injuries so far this season and they are still 7-3. The Patriots for many years would lose starters and still win. Even one year they lost Brady for the season and still won 11 games.

Now when the playoffs get here the impact of injuries especially to big time players can play a large role on who goes deep in the playoffs or to the SB. As far as the regular season goes good teams still find ways to overcome them and still win and make the playoffs.

Sure there are times when teams can lose multiple big time players which seriously affect their record but losing one Pro-Bowl type player, a couple average starters at best, a couple rookies and a couple players who you couldn't count on staying healthy to begin with is a lame excuse. A good team would overcome them and wouldn't be in the tailspin we're in and getting blown out as bad as we are.

Do you really think if Kyle Williams, Kelsay, Aaron Wiiliams and Hairston wasn't injured it would've made a big difference in these last two blowouts? Give me a break.

Kyle Williams and Kelsay have been here for years and we have been a losing team each year. Sure it doesn't help but to try and say their losses would've changed these last two blowouts into wins are silly and just excuses for a bad team.

1) Go back to your middle school English class, that was tough to read if you were trying to make a legit point. I will go in order of bold statements...

You have a legit, 2nd round draft pick, speedy slot man and receiver that you have to replace with a tall and lanky receiver. Roscoe Parrish is absolutely missed by any smart coach who looks at his talent and resolves a gameplan around them.

Decent depth? Yes, we had fantastic depth until THAT DEPTH went down with injury, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize "Well, our first LT went down so let's put our backup LT in... oh wait, he's hurt too, so let's shuffle the line"

I even say we had fantastic depth with a smirk. Hairston was a surprise, I didn't see him molding in to anything other than a backup, but he did his job. We need Levitre at LG (remember when he was supposed to be benched?) and we need either of our injured most important O-lineman in the NFL to be healthy so we can protect out QB.

There is no replacement for the elite (yes, elite) defensive front 3 of Dareus-Williams-Edwards. You switch that around, you're going to be hurt. Kelsay and Williams were still key marks of a 4-3 defense, and now that we miss them we keep pulling up the past. It's kind of cute.

Aaron Williams is a 2nd round rookie. They are supposed to make an impact. Do you think that this team thought of it as a waste when "oh, well the team was bad beforehand and we didn't need him" during the draft because of the past?

It's funny that you bring up the Steelers, because no one cares. They were given a great track record, great backups, and older players are going to retire soon, and there will be no hope there soon. I lived in Pittsburgh for 11 years of my life.

As much as anyone wants to discount Kelsay, as much as anyone cares about the Pro Bowl (which I really want to know, who cares about the players that 40 OTHER players said "screw it" and had their backups to go to), it doesn't matter. This team drafted Aaron for a reason, this team needs Kyle, this team is hurting with Batten outside, this team is hurting without Williams. This team's offensive line is hurting because Levitre has played Guard and understands that position, not left tackle (except for college), and our receivers have been hurt.

Those aren't excuses, those coaches are molding their team around their best 22 players. When those players fall, they have to make changes, and when you're trying to insert a round peg in to a square hole after 6 days, it's a little tough. This team is in trouble, and it's absolutely because of key injuries.

Mahdi
11-13-2011, 06:23 PM
The only major player out of the group is Kyle Williams. Nobody even wanted Kelsay here before but now that he's injured it's a big reason as to why we've been blown out for two straight games. In the 5 games he has played he has 8 total tackles and one sack. Is that a huge difference?

Aaron Williams wouldn't even have been on the field that much as the 4th CB. Good teams can overcome them losses. The Bills aren't the only ones with injuries to starters. We basically lost one big player out of the group. The other ones were average starters at best or players that wouldn't even be on the field that much if healthy. Parrish hasn't been here from game one. You can't equate him into the scenario.

As far as the comparison to the Cowboys go I hope you are not comparing some of them guys to our losses. Especially losing Ware compared to us losing Merriman or Kelsay is laughable. Just because they play the same position doesn't mean squat. Ware is one of the best players in the game and many of the other players you mentioned are more of an impact on their team then the players we lost.

As far as the Cowboys themselves go it's not like they have been a great team. They are only 5-4 after they beat us and haven't been overwhelming this season.

The Seahawks are a horrible team and they played them tough last week. We got blown out by them and couldn't do anything. We beat the Eagles but they got blown out to the Eagles.
What yer not realizing here is that the players we lost don't have to be as good as other players at their positions in the league for it to be big losses and cause us problems.

Merriman was our best pass rusher, KW was our best DT, Kelsay as average as he is is our best LOLB (especially when Batten is the backup), Aaron Williams I would say is our most physical CB, Bell was our best pass protector.

When you take away the best players at their position on the Bills that leaves BACKUPS, and backups are not as good. Which means that it will of course have a big impact on your team.

Merriman doesn't have to be Ware for it to hurt, KW doesn't have to be Wilfork, Aaron Williams doesn't have to be Revis. When we lose those guys we lose the best players we have for those positions and we revert to cheap backups.

That is a huge problem....

BillsFever21
11-13-2011, 06:42 PM
What yer not realizing here is that the players we lost don't have to be as good as other players at their positions in the league for it to be big losses and cause us problems.

Merriman was our best pass rusher, KW was our best DT, Kelsay as average as he is is our best LOLB (especially when Batten is the backup), Aaron Williams I would say is our most physical CB, Bell was our best pass protector.

When you take away the best players at their position on the Bills that leaves BACKUPS, and backups are not as good. Which means that it will of course have a big impact on your team.

Merriman doesn't have to be Ware for it to hurt, KW doesn't have to be Wilfork, Aaron Williams doesn't have to be Revis. When we lose those guys we lose the best players we have for those positions and we revert to cheap backups.

And when you use the statement that Merriman was our best pass rusher right there proves that you're not a very good team or very good at that position when you consider a guy who has played 18 games in the last 3 seasons prior to this with 4 total sacks as your best pass rusher. That's not saying much.

That is a huge problem....
You are acting as if we are the only team in the league who has suffered injuries. It's easy to when you don't keep up with every team. Nobody can.

Merriman hasn't done anything in years and had 1 sack in 5 games. And if the Bills or anyone counted on him lasting the season that is their own fault. He hasn't lasted a season in like 4 years.

Every team loses starters. Some teams loses major impact starters and some players lose average or marginal starters. That is what we have lost so far. So by your excuses for our play we have lost 4 starters to injury that was here week one. Only one of them are an impact player. You can look at almost any team in the league and they probably have around that many or more missing from their team each game too.

Good teams deal with it and move on. Losing teams use it as an excuse. It's not like we have a ton of starters injured let alone real good ones.

Of course your backup isn't as good as your starter but it's not the same as the Steelers losing Woodley or other big time players being out of the lineups.

Even with the 3 starters on defense you keep making a big deal about we were awful on defense WHEN they were in the lineup. Unless you feel them 3 guys would've made up over a 50 point difference in the past couple weeks then it's still a lame excuse. Also Kelsay started last week.

I'm not saying injuries don't hurt but you also are acting like the impact of the player doesn't matter and a starter is a starter. That theory might add up if we had like 7+ starters out of the lineup but that's not the case. Almost every team is missing a few starters a game right now.

As far as with Bell being out Jackson is still running the ball just fine and he has been out for a while now. Even before the tailspin of the past couple weeks. He is another one you can't depend on since he's spent so much time out with injury over the past couple years or so.

If you are a team who are depending on players who can't stay healthy to begin with to determine your success then you shouldn't even be in the conversation to begin with and better have a reliable backup plan behind them.

Every team has injuries to starters. Four starters are not an abnormal amount. Especially since most of them aren't big time impact players to begin with.

If you want to use them injuries as an excuse for the rose colored glasses as to why we still suck then go ahead. That's what losing teams do.

The biggest issue I see is we had a fast start and some part luck/part good play type of wins early in the season and many were expecting that to be our teams level of talent and play for the entire season. We're just another one of bad teams who get off to a good start every year and fade away. The good teams separate themselves from the bad teams this time of the year.

TacklingDummy
11-13-2011, 07:08 PM
When the Bills passed on Peterson in the draft.

Mahdi
11-13-2011, 07:27 PM
You are acting as if we are the only team in the league who has suffered injuries. It's easy to when you don't keep up with every team. Nobody can.

Merriman hasn't done anything in years and had 1 sack in 5 games. And if the Bills or anyone counted on him lasting the season that is their own fault. He hasn't lasted a season in like 4 years.

Every team loses starters. Some teams loses major impact starters and some players lose average or marginal starters. That is what we have lost so far. So by your excuses for our play we have lost 4 starters to injury that was here week one. Only one of them are an impact player. You can look at almost any team in the league and they probably have around that many or more missing from their team each game too.

Good teams deal with it and move on. Losing teams use it as an excuse. It's not like we have a ton of starters injured let alone real good ones.

Of course your backup isn't as good as your starter but it's not the same as the Steelers losing Woodley or other big time players being out of the lineups.

Even with the 3 starters on defense you keep making a big deal about we were awful on defense WHEN they were in the lineup. Unless you feel them 3 guys would've made up over a 50 point difference in the past couple weeks then it's still a lame excuse. Also Kelsay started last week.

I'm not saying injuries don't hurt but you also are acting like the impact of the player doesn't matter and a starter is a starter. That theory might add up if we had like 7+ starters out of the lineup but that's not the case. Almost every team is missing a few starters a game right now.

As far as with Bell being out Jackson is still running the ball just fine and he has been out for a while now. Even before the tailspin of the past couple weeks. He is another one you can't depend on since he's spent so much time out with injury over the past couple years or so.

If you are a team who are depending on players who can't stay healthy to begin with to determine your success then you shouldn't even be in the conversation to begin with and better have a reliable backup plan behind them.

Every team has injuries to starters. Four starters are not an abnormal amount. Especially since most of them aren't big time impact players to begin with.

If you want to use them injuries as an excuse for the rose colored glasses as to why we still suck then go ahead. That's what losing teams do.

The biggest issue I see is we had a fast start and some part luck/part good play type of wins early in the season and many were expecting that to be our teams level of talent and play for the entire season. We're just another one of bad teams who get off to a good start every year and fade away. The good teams separate themselves from the bad teams this time of the year.
Show me a team that has lost 2 LTs, their best DL, both starting OLBs, nickel CB (which is a big deal in the new NFL), and slot WR.

And BTW, Fred might still be running well but blindside protection for Fitz has been very very bad.

PTI
11-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Fitz was barely touched the first several games, but in the last 3 he is not seeming to feel that blind side pressure at all.

BillsFever21
11-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Show me a team that has lost 2 LTs, their best DL, both starting OLBs, nickel CB (which is a big deal in the new NFL), and slot WR.

And BTW, Fred might still be running well but blindside protection for Fitz has been very very bad.

If I had the time to surf through every team I'm sure I could find a few starters or more missing on almost every team.

I don't see why you are even counting Parrish into the equation. The guy hasn't played a game since halfway through last season. He was never a factor in this seasons success or failures at all. That is just using an injury as an excuse.

As far as Aaron Williams goes he barely played before he was injured and that was when McGee was hurt. He also didn't fare to well during that time. After McGee came back and we had him, Florence and McKelvin as our top 3 he would be seeing very few plays to begin with. That's lame to act like his loss is making a difference on our crappy performances as of late. At best he would've been the 4th option if not the 5th at times when you factor in Reggie Corner.

If you want to keep using some injuries to one good starter, two average at best starters, one player who wasn't here to begin with the entire season, another rookie who played poorly and sparingly before the injury and another starter who hasn't stayed healthy in 4 years as an excuse for your own well being then be my guest.

Sure it's not an injury free team but it's not an extreme amount of injuries. Especially to highly impact players. Not anymore then the league average. Injuries happen with every team.

Mike
11-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Bangles game showed a lot! Bills could not convert 3rd downs, blew a 14pt lead, lost in last minutes of the game as the offense came up empty handed and punted to the Bangles.

The other two wins were also indicative. An 18pt comeback vs the Raiders and a 21pt comeback vs the Pats. Everything had to go perfect fir the Bills to get those two victories and they did.

Overall, this teams is better than last years team, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

better days
11-14-2011, 12:09 PM

Not to mention the only WR they had that could stretch the field when they traded Evans.

better days
11-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Fitz was barely touched the first several games, but in the last 3 he is not seeming to feel that blind side pressure at all.

The 1st 3 games Bell was at OT. Now Fitz is playing behind the THIRD Team LT.

Mski
11-14-2011, 12:24 PM
i choose the team being out played, and out coached in the 2nd half of the bengals game

trapezeus
11-14-2011, 12:55 PM
The bills were under-talented and over performing. you take that undertalented team and take pieces away....they get worse much faster than a team that is very talented at a couple different areas.

The bills starters this year on defense were good to be average. they needed 1 or two stars. Dareus should come into his own this second half, but he isn't getting a legit LB that's a menace. Once they get that guy, the defense is going to look a lot better. and they need new DB's. Everywhere. Mcgee and Mckelvin are mcgone next year.

Offense, the line is just done to nothing. I think we are going to start seeing the off the street hires that were so common under the jauron leadership.

bluerosekiller
11-14-2011, 01:34 PM
When did the wheels fall off?
When old Ralph stubbornly continued to draw breath during the offseason.
An insensitive, perhaps cruel comment on my part?
Yep.
But still, the truth as far as I'm concerned.

As long as he's the owner, he'll continue to refuse to open his wallet for top talent in the front office, on the sidelines & on the field.

Jan Reimers
11-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Not to mention the only WR they had that could stretch the field when they traded Evans.
Beat me to it, bd. I was going to say, somewhat tongue-in-cheek: When we traded Lee Evans.

But in light of the fact that we now seem limited to 5 yard passes over the middle, the trade of Lee has had a very negative impct.

better days
11-14-2011, 01:53 PM
If I had the time to surf through every team I'm sure I could find a few starters or more missing on almost every team.

I don't see why you are even counting Parrish into the equation. The guy hasn't played a game since halfway through last season. He was never a factor in this seasons success or failures at all. That is just using an injury as an excuse.

As far as Aaron Williams goes he barely played before he was injured and that was when McGee was hurt. He also didn't fare to well during that time. After McGee came back and we had him, Florence and McKelvin as our top 3 he would be seeing very few plays to begin with. That's lame to act like his loss is making a difference on our crappy performances as of late. At best he would've been the 4th option if not the 5th at times when you factor in Reggie Corner.

If you want to keep using some injuries to one good starter, two average at best starters, one player who wasn't here to begin with the entire season, another rookie who played poorly and sparingly before the injury and another starter who hasn't stayed healthy in 4 years as an excuse for your own well being then be my guest.

Sure it's not an injury free team but it's not an extreme amount of injuries. Especially to highly impact players. Not anymore then the league average. Injuries happen with every team.

Chan said before the season started that the Bills had talent but that they had NO DEPTH. In other words, if a starter went down, they had NOBODY that was any good to replace that starter. A team as bereft of talent as the Bills were, need to draft potential starters before back ups.

PTI
11-14-2011, 01:55 PM
I think the Bills would be better if they never got rid of Lynch as well as Evans.

PTI
11-14-2011, 02:06 PM

I still contend the play they in the Bengals game they said was no catch on the Stevie slant was a terrible pass, easy slant, and it was behind Johnson and low, made him reach back for the ball and fall and gave an appearance of an incomplete pass. Go back and look at it.

I actually think the Spiller long ball this game may have ended up being an underthrow had Spiller not stumbled over his feet. If Spiller stayed on stride the ball would have been short then.

Extremebillsfan247
11-14-2011, 02:08 PM
I think the Bills would be better if they never got rid of Lynch as well as Evans.
Fred Jackson is doing fine, and actually has played better without Lynch in the fold. But letting go of Evans I do think was a little premature. They should have waited until after this season before trading him, or letting him go. They could have in the least, swapped rolls between him and Stevie Johnson.

Now, they have no one with any kind of skill that can stretch the field vertically to keep a defense honest. Both the Jets, and Cowboys showed why it's important. I'd expect the remaining teams on the schedule to follow the same game plan they both had knowing the Bills have no way counteract it. JMO

PromoTheRobot
11-14-2011, 02:35 PM
I'll say when we crushed the Redskins 23-0. Everyone knew we were DOOOOOOMED from that game on.

PTR

ublinkwescore
11-14-2011, 03:04 PM
we need a linebacker some offensive line help and a deep threat reciever. once we have those pieces, and they can stay healthy, we can start to expect more consistency. We can win with Fitzpatrick, but he needs a consistent target, and a healthy solid line in front of him.

Mahdi
11-14-2011, 04:10 PM
The bills were under-talented and over performing. you take that undertalented team and take pieces away....they get worse much faster than a team that is very talented at a couple different areas.

The bills starters this year on defense were good to be average. they needed 1 or two stars. Dareus should come into his own this second half, but he isn't getting a legit LB that's a menace. Once they get that guy, the defense is going to look a lot better. and they need new DB's. Everywhere. Mcgee and Mckelvin are mcgone next year.

Offense, the line is just done to nothing. I think we are going to start seeing the off the street hires that were so common under the jauron leadership.
The DBs will thrive once we have a pass rush. No secondary would have success under these conditions...

Turf
11-14-2011, 04:43 PM
I think Kyle Williams loss is our biggest shortcoming, other than the tool we have running the defense. If we had a mid ranked defense we'd be in first place.

doug45
11-14-2011, 05:48 PM
When we didn't get a QB at the start of the season. Now we have more than likely won just enough games to have no chance at one next year. Fitz is an OK back-up but not an everyday starter that can inspire a team. But now with the new contract we are more than likely stuck. I feel the people running the team really don't care if they win as long as poeple fill the seats and buy the team stuff. We have been REBUILDING for about 15 years or so, at some point the building has to be finished. Just a thought.....