PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Peterson would have helped this team more than Dareus This Year

BuffaloBlitz83
11-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Don't get me wrong Dareus is a Great player. And I am happy to have him but our Secondary gets torched weekly. Dareus's sole addition hasn't improved our piss poor pass rush.

Peterson was by many the best pure talent in the entire draft and has had a phenomenal season as a rookie corner and returner.

soapman
11-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Hind sight.

kingJofNYC
11-13-2011, 05:18 PM
He hasn't really played well at the CB position, no yet anyway. This team has so many holes on D that we need both Dareus and Peterson to have a shot.

Bangarang
11-13-2011, 05:21 PM
People were pissed we picked Aaron Williams in the 2nd round. I can't even imagine what the reaction would have been if we passed on Dareus and chose Peterson with the 3rd pick.

cgbm
11-13-2011, 05:33 PM
peterson is a great player. but hind sight is the best response. we have depth at cb, and i think when we see aaron williams play i think he could become the shut down corner we need.

no doubt we need to address the cb issues but we are hurting everywhere on d at this point, except safety. i think were pretty good there.

DraftBoy
11-13-2011, 05:36 PM
No he wouldn't of.

This is a classic case of box score watching. Dareus's impact has gone so far beyond what shows up in the box score. If people can't see that Im not sure what game they are watching.

Mr. Pink
11-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Wanted Peterson over Dareus on draft day.

Still want Peterson over Dareus today.

That being said, Dareus is a good player and we definitely did not whiff on who we took for a change of pace.

YardRat
11-13-2011, 06:02 PM
I'd still take Dareus today and still consider it a better pick.

Crisis
11-13-2011, 06:05 PM
On draft day I wanted Dareus or Miller, but wanted Dareus more.

Not much has changed for me.

DesertFox24
11-13-2011, 06:10 PM
They only way I take a cb over an elite big is if that CB is either Deion or Revis.

Peterson is an elite athlete but not an elite corner, hell he was not even the best COVER corner on LSU last year, it is clairborn.

DraftBoy
11-13-2011, 06:12 PM
They only way I take a cb over an elite big is if that CB is either Deion or Revis.

Peterson is an elite athlete but not an elite corner, hell he was not even the best COVER corner on LSU last year, it is clairborn.

Disagree on the second statement and it wasn't close. There is a reason Clairborne got tested more last year and his numbers are "better".

ServoBillieves
11-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Seemed like no need for secondary help when the Bills were awful in the run game, so we pick up a great run stuffer, who HAS TO SHIFT FROM DE TO NT TO DE TO NT AGAIN, and we regret that our run game is halfway decent and our pass game gets torched.

There's no winning.... seriously.

TacklingDummy
11-13-2011, 07:10 PM
People were pissed we picked Aaron Williams in the 2nd round. I can't even imagine what the reaction would have been if we passed on Dareus and chose Peterson with the 3rd pick.
Joy.

DynaPaul
11-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Dareus was absolutely the right pick. We can get a top flight CB or LB in the next draft. Our defense still has a ways to go yet.