PDA

View Full Version : Wood has ACL injury

Uncle Jesse
11-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Per Paul Peck of channel 4. He doesn't know the extent of it though.

I'd guess season ending.

Mahdi
11-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Season is getting close to being over... We finally had strength along the lines and now that's all going to shiite.

KW, Bell, Hairston and now EW.

Bills were never that good to begin with.

Skooby
11-13-2011, 06:37 PM
It's fate, just being a Bills fan has challenged all of our souls.

Joe Fo Sho
11-13-2011, 06:40 PM
COOOOOOL

BillsFever21
11-13-2011, 07:04 PM
This is the injury that hurts the most. He solidifies our offense line. It also isn't good that this is the 2nd time in his 3 seasons that he ended up on the IR. He's a good player but after 2 out of 3 years of only making it through a half of season or so you have to start to worry if he is injury prone.

He's our best offensive lineman. Not that it mattered anymore as far as making a playoff run goes since this team is back to it's normal self but this one really hurts our offense line.

This will be the straw that breaks the camels back on an already team in disarray and heading for the dumps the rest of the season. Jackson will definitely lose some production due to this injury.

NOT THE DUDE...
11-13-2011, 07:13 PM
chan said he would miss a week or so... whats all this ir talk. lets wait and see...

BillsFever21
11-13-2011, 07:19 PM
chan said he would miss a week or so... whats all this ir talk. lets wait and see...

Even if he doesn't end up on the IR and only misses a couple weeks these next couple weeks will determine if we have a chance to make a run for the playoffs. We have two road games coming up against divisional opponents. If we lose them both then you can seal the envelope on our season for sure.

Seeing that it's an ACL injury that leads me to believe it will be longer then a week or so unless he just strained it. Even a strain can last a long time when you are talking an ACL. Lets hope it isn't a tear. Not only for his status the rest of this season but for his future status. ACL tears are never good coming back from.

BertSquirtgum
11-13-2011, 07:21 PM
It's a good thing this tremendous front office cut hangartner.

kingJofNYC
11-13-2011, 07:25 PM

Chad Rinehart has played pretty well, if we actually had a LT the loss of Wood, while terrible, wouldn't be as bad. Just move Levitre to C, and plug in Rinehart.

Hang sucked, gave no push and was repeatedly thrown backwards. Guy stinks.

Uncle Jesse
11-13-2011, 07:54 PM

Chan said that right after the game. Paul Peck brought this up hours after that...obviously the longer time goes on, the more we find out.

PromoTheRobot
11-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah, he was friggin' awesome. :rolleyes:

PTR

Mr Bills
11-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Thank you Donald Jones not are you pure garbage as a receiver, but now you managed to get our starting center hurt. I seriously hope this guy is cut after this year.

BertSquirtgum
11-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Yeah, he was friggin' awesome. :rolleyes:

PTR

he's better than throwing someone in there that doesn't know what they're doing. last I checked fitz played pretty decent even with his stank ass playing center before he was hurt.

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
11-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Per Paul Peck of channel 4. He doesn't know the extent of it though.

I'd guess season ending.

Paul Pecker works for WIVB the channel that always reports everything WRONG! if you want the real story watch WGRZ 2 on your side!

BillsFever21
11-13-2011, 10:13 PM
I was working and had to listen to it on the radio and didn't get to see the game...Which may be a good thing. It was hard enough listening to it on the radio let alone watching it.

How did Donald Jones get Eric Woods injured?

MikeInRoch
11-13-2011, 10:22 PM
He let a pass go through his hands, which was then picked. Wood was hurt chasing down the interceptor.

dannyek71
11-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Williams & Wood out of the season. Great.

PromoTheRobot
11-14-2011, 02:38 PM
he's better than throwing someone in there that doesn't know what they're doing. last I checked fitz played pretty decent even with his stank ass playing center before he was hurt.

So let me get this straight....

You're saying its better to play someone you know sucks, than to try someone who might suck? And that we should keep that dead weight on the roster in case of emergency?

PTR

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2011, 02:43 PM
So let me get this straight....

You're saying its better to play someone you know sucks, than to try someone who might suck? And that we should keep that dead weight on the roster in case of emergency?

PTR

This whole team except for freddie j sucks so why not?

Uncle Jesse
11-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Paul Pecker works for WIVB the channel that always reports everything WRONG! if you want the real story watch WGRZ 2 on your side!

He was 100% spot on with this one...

Johnny Bugmenot
11-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Ha! Channel 2? The channel that twists the news like a pretzel? They're a joke of an organization.

Mike13
11-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Wood and Wang both on the IR?

Good thing Levitre is right there to help them out.

stuckincincy
11-15-2011, 08:20 AM
What a bad injury week.

Out for the season - Wood, CHI g Williams, DEN rb Moreno, JAX cb Mathis and g Briton, CIN cb Hall.

Add qb Vick with broken ribs, HOU qb with "significant" rt. foot injury and KC qb Cassel with "significant" injury to his throwing hand.

Yeech... :rain:

Historian
11-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Bummer.

Mike13
11-15-2011, 06:48 PM
What a bad injury week.

Out for the season - Wood, CHI g Williams, DEN rb Moreno, JAX cb Mathis and g Briton, CIN cb Hall.

Add qb Vick with broken ribs, HOU qb with "significant" rt. foot injury and KC qb Cassel with "significant" injury to his throwing hand.

Yeech... :rain:

You think the Lockout is taking its toll?

stuckincincy
11-16-2011, 08:06 AM
You think the Lockout is taking its toll?

Dunno. AFAIK, there was an expectation of some more strains, pulls, hammies etc. which sounded plausible.

Add Antoine Winfield to the list - he busted a clavicle last evening.