PDA

View Full Version : Bills still in control of their own destiny

Figster
11-14-2011, 07:53 AM
The Buffalo Bills stint in the NFC is done and we now face all AFC opponents. As it stands the Bills could be in wild card position as soon as next week with a win in Miami and a Jets, Bengals and Ravens loss. The Jets have already lost 4 games in the conference, the Bills, only two, and we can take care of the Jets on our own. So this next stretch of AFC games is critical starting with Miami. The Buffalo Bills at this point 9 games into the season are still in control of their own destiny/ can still win the division.

I Billieve...

OpIv37
11-14-2011, 07:57 AM
The Bills may be in control of their own destiny in terms of the standings, but if you watch them play, they aren't in control of much of anything on the field right now.

I still seriously doubt a WC team comes out of the AFCE this year.

ddaryl
11-14-2011, 08:07 AM
this team doesn't belong in the play off conversation. Our Defense is horrible, and until we solve our pass rush problems there is no way this team can make it.

I honestly think this 2nd half of the season is going to be very painful. We will be lucky to end up with 8 wins

madness
11-14-2011, 08:09 AM
The Bills have a stripper locked up in Ralph's basement?

albertjenney
11-14-2011, 08:16 AM
they need to do more

Figster
11-14-2011, 08:40 AM
The Bills may be in control of their own destiny in terms of the standings, but if you watch them play, they aren't in control of much of anything on the field right now.

I still seriously doubt a WC team comes out of the AFCE this year.

The Jets and Cowboys were two desperate football teams that had to win to stay in the playoff hunt, and win they did, parity is alive and well in the NFL. (Ryan's probably compared notes and ganged up on us)

Myself personally, however lopsided as it may have been on the scoreboard, I still felt like the Bills were always one play away from changing the momentum/outcome.

I for one am not giving up on Gaileys no name band of misfitz,

The Bills can wallow in their misery, or they can learn from they're mistakes, and go on down to Miami and squish the living **** out of the Fish!

PTI
11-14-2011, 09:30 AM
New England's schedule they have left is soooo easy. Bills are the only over .500 team left, and Bills will most likely be under .500 by the time the last game is played, New England will not lose again in the regular season. Bills have no shot to beat the Jets in New York.

Bills are staring straight at 7 wins again and wondering why the heck they gave Fitz even 5 more dollars, he is awful.

Jan Reimers
11-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Yeah, so is a mouse facing a cobra.

Night Train
11-14-2011, 09:53 AM
It will probably be a tough finish to a promising start but teams with depth issues and weak Defenses run out of steam. Film catches up to them and they are limited, at present.

Improved but another off-season needed.

ZEUS
11-14-2011, 09:59 AM
New England's schedule they have left is soooo easy. Bills are the only over .500 team left, and Bills will most likely be under .500 by the time the last game is played, New England will not lose again in the regular season. Bills have no shot to beat the Jets in New York.

Bills are staring straight at 7 wins again and wondering why the heck they gave Fitz even 5 more dollars, he is awful.

More Fitz bashing. I blame these losses on the defense never stopping anyone. Especially on third down.

Philagape
11-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Bills still in control of their own destiny

That's exactly what I'm afraid of.

dannyek71
11-14-2011, 10:09 AM
This was a mediocre team talent-wise at the start of the season. Take away the loss of Williams and Wood for the season along with Merriman. We will not be mentioned in the same breath as playoffs by week 14ish.

This team is the same as 2008

dannyek71
11-14-2011, 10:09 AM
More Fitz bashing. I blame these losses on the defense never stopping anyone. Especially on third down.

Fitz is an average QB at BEST.

Skooby
11-14-2011, 10:11 AM
It took a ton of gumption to post this thread. Personally speaking, I think the Bills can catch a few breaks & beat Miami. The Jets are reeling right now & Rex is sucking on Billy's toe, so let's see how this shakes out.

I for one can see getting a few healthy players back in the lineup by the time we play the Jets again, who knows.

Luisito23
11-14-2011, 10:33 AM
My prediction of 6-10 is sounding better by the minute...

This team is a joke. Good thing we have Fitz for the next few years.

Figster
11-14-2011, 10:44 AM

hehe, that's one way of looking at it

Skooby
11-14-2011, 10:46 AM

hehe, that's one way of looking at it or this way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPXSaFqxrWs

trapezeus
11-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Fitz had Bell as his LT and Bell performed well...fitz did well.
Fitz had Hairston as his LT when bell went down....fitz did well.

Fitz now has levitre who just faced two great defensive ends and fitz isn't doing well.

I don't know too many other teams that carry three decent LT's on their team. The bills OL depth caught up with them. levitre isn't bad, but he needs to be in his guard spot to help fred run.

Fred is only getting the 100 yards with a couple big runs instead of solidily providing 4 yards a run. That changes everything.

The bills are stepping in it no doubt, but its really hard to overcome this with a team that we knew on day 1 was very under talented.

Maximilli
11-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Yea we still in control but our defense is just horrible cant really blame fitz to much receivers are not getting separation forcing fitz to throw in tight coverage

imbondz
11-14-2011, 11:33 AM
That's exactly what I'm afraid of.

lol!

i'm over playoff talk. can barely deal with the fact that all the excitement I felt the first 5 weeks is gone so soon.

Figster
11-14-2011, 11:39 AM
lol!

i'm over playoff talk. can barely deal with the fact that all the excitement I felt the first 5 weeks is gone so soon.
hold onto that feeling,

squishing the fish becomes even more important now, the Bills AFC record can get still the job done for a wild card, all AFC opponents down the stretch

its not over until the fat lady sings,

and the fat lady is not Rex Ryan...

justasportsfan
11-14-2011, 11:44 AM

the O has to do their part when they have the ball. THey don't.

We have no vertical game. Gailey thought we could screen pass our way to the playoffs.

hemi13
11-14-2011, 11:48 AM
This team couldn't beat my old high school jv team right now!

Bill Cody
11-14-2011, 11:52 AM
hold onto that feeling,

squishing the fish becomes even more important now, the Bills AFC record can get still the job done for a wild card, all AFC opponents down the stretch

its not over until the fat lady sings,

and the fat lady is not Rex Ryan...

the fat lady sang about 4 verses yesterday in case you didn't notice. I am a long way from being a negative nancy but posting a thread like this today is like a survivor of "the Little Bighorn" saying we just need to replace Custer's troops and we'll win next time. Sorry.

Figster
11-14-2011, 11:56 AM
the O has to do their part when they have the ball. THe don't.

We have no vertical game. Gailey thought we could screen pass our way to the playoffs.

Myself personally, I believe Gailey went into the last two games with the belief the Bills could do what they do best, and not worry so much about what our opponent is going to do to disrupt us. Meanwhile, Rex Ryan, one of the best defensive guru's in the league had two whole weeks to prepare the perfect game plan against the Bills.

Afterward, good old Rex passed on anything he could to his bro in Dallas, so the Bills got a double whammy, double dose of the Ryan's for lack of a better way to put it.

Historian
11-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I think the most frustrating thing about Sunday was watching their screens go for big yardage every time, while ours were stuffed every time.

Miami is certainly beatable, and we always play the Jest hard in New York.

I'm not giving up just yet.

better days
11-14-2011, 12:02 PM
I think the most frustrating thing about Sunday was watching their screens go for big yardage every time, while ours were stuffed every time.

Miami is certainly beatable, and we always play the Jest hard in New York.

I'm not giving up just yet.

I'm not giving up either but Hairston needs to get back on the field & play well. Levitre is not a good option at LT.

Figster
11-14-2011, 12:10 PM
the fat lady sang about 4 verses yesterday in case you didn't notice. I am a long way from being a negative nancy but posting a thread like this today is like a survivor of "the Little Bighorn" saying we just need to replace Custer's troops and we'll win next time. Sorry.

Some teams just seem destined to play poorly against other teams, why, I don't know, but the Dallas Cowboys has always been that team for the Bills.

shake it off Ralph, the Jets are reeling, and Tom Brady is clearly not the same QB,

we can still do this...

Bill Cody
11-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Some teams just seem destined to play poorly against other teams, why, I don't know, but the Dallas Cowboys has always been that team for the Bills.

shake it off Ralph, the Jets are reeling, and Tom Brady is clearly not the same QB,

we can still do this...

he looked like the same QB last night to me