PDA

View Full Version : Donald Jones

BillsWin
11-14-2011, 07:56 AM
I felt like not only was his timing with Fitz off yesterday, but that he had a bad case of the drops.

Is this something you think was a one-game deal or is this is usual thing. I'll be honest, Sunday was the first time I really locked into Jones and I wasn't impressed.

hydro
11-14-2011, 07:58 AM
He has been inconsistent catching the ball all season...

Joe Fo Sho
11-14-2011, 08:52 AM
He can't catch the ball in traffic, ever.

Mski
11-14-2011, 08:53 AM
had the drops all year

psubills62
11-14-2011, 09:17 AM
He's too up and down, with too few ups. He's been clutch a few times, but too many times when he's let passes bounce off his hands to opposing players, and too many times he's just dropped passes.

Without a doubt I believe we need a stud WR across from Stevie.

don137
11-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Too inconsistent to be a reliable starter. IMO, he has not capitalized on his opportunity to start. If he cannot step up I do not see him having a long NFL career.

djjimkelly
11-14-2011, 09:59 AM
we had this discussion last week hes a 4th or a 5th wr at best truly a fringe player

PTI
11-14-2011, 10:24 AM
The tip INT was not the best pass, but it was catchable. Pass led him too much.

Historian
11-14-2011, 11:47 AM
He stinks.

Too bad we don't have anyone that can get deep in a hurry.

Some one-trick-pony who could stretch a defense for us once and a while.

:D

Mski
11-14-2011, 11:51 AM
He stinks.

:Ddo you have one in mind that hasnt been hurt all year?

better days
11-14-2011, 11:51 AM
He stinks.

:D

And, you know CATCH the ball the few times it is thrown to him.

The last buffalo fan
11-14-2011, 12:01 PM
do you have one in mind that hasnt been hurt all year?

TO?

Mad Bomber
11-14-2011, 04:25 PM
He's too up and down, with too few ups. He's been clutch a few times, but too many times when he's let passes bounce off his hands to opposing players, and too many times he's just dropped passes.

Without a doubt I believe we need a stud WR across from Stevie.
Agreed. Compare that to David Nelson and Scott Chandler, who catch anything they put their hands on. Jones doesn't have the hands that even an average NFL WR needs to have.

Mr Bills
11-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Donald Jones is pure garbage one of the worst receivers in the NFL. The only reason this pathetic scrub made the team last year was because he can play ST, but for some reason Chan has a hard on for him and keeps starting him. Why they don't call up Kamar Aiken is beyond me, replace Ruvel Martin's useless ST roster spot with Donald Jones and insert Aiken to Jones spot.

The Jokeman
11-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Second year WR who's done more than Stevie ever did in his first two years. So at the worst a depth guy, do I see him breaking out in year 3? Not likely as think David Nelson's got better chemistry with Fitz. Would I toss him? Nope as think he's a serviceable depth guy. It's clear the Bills need to find a guy besides Stevie. So I say franchise tag Stevie and pursue someone else in UFA. There are some names in UFAs at WR but the biggest one to target might be TE Jermichael Finley of the Packers, as he seems to be left out of the Packers attack this season but has shown that he's above average TE when given a chance and has some speed that make him more of a full time player than Scott "Redzone" Chandler.

RedEyE
11-15-2011, 06:55 AM
Jones is a liability. He can run a good route and synchs up well with Fitz in reading the DBs, but his hands SUCK.

If I was the WR coach I'd tell him he needs to take off the gloves. Gloves are for WRs with soft hands. Jones has a brick attached to each wrist.

jamze132
11-15-2011, 07:52 AM
I think Donald Jones was given the spot due to lack of other options. If we still had Evans or if Parrish wasn't as frail as a 94 year old woman, he wouldn't be on the roster.

Jan Reimers
11-15-2011, 08:02 AM
I think Donald Jones was given the spot due to lack of other options. If we still had Evans or if Parrish wasn't as frail as a 94 year old woman, he wouldn't be on the roster.
Apparently, Jones fits our system better than Lee Evans.:laughing: