PDA

View Full Version : Myers benched tonight!

PTI
11-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Good or bad? He is so young, hope he responds well to this. I think it is necessary.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/11/bulletin-myers-will-be-healthy-scratch-tonight.html

BULLETIN: Myers will be healthy scratch tonight

November 14, 2011 - 11:58 AM | 3 comments (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/11/bulletin-myers-will-be-healthy-scratch-tonight.html#commentAnchor)
MONTREAL — Defenseman Tyler Myers will be a healthy scratch for the Sabres tonight against the Canadiens in the Bell Centre.
It will be the first time Myers has been a healthy scratch in his three-year career.
Myers was in the group of players that did not respond when Milan Lucic ran over Ryan Miller on Saturday night, but Myers' recent struggles on the blue line are the bigger reason he is not playing tonight.
Mike Weber will play in Myers' place.

--Mike Harrington

OpIv37
11-14-2011, 11:34 AM
benched as in "healthy scratch?" got a link?

PTI
11-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Added link........................

Mski
11-14-2011, 11:40 AM
the theme from multiple writers on twitter believe the benching has more to do with his lack of response to the lucic incedent, and overall lack of agression, than his poor play

OpIv37
11-14-2011, 11:43 AM
This could backfire, at least for tonight.

No doubt Myers has been playing like ****, but who do we have that's better?

PTI
11-14-2011, 11:46 AM
the theme from multiple writers on twitter believe the benching has more to do with his lack of response to the lucic incedent, and overall lack of agression, than his poor play

Yes, he was in there on that and could have did some wrestling with Lucic, he is tall enough to just hold him away, but he easily could have been leveled out there. See Vanek just bounce off Lucic? Sekera was kind of the only guy who went there, and the refs knew they had to stop it fast.

Mski
11-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Webber's going to play in his place, but i would rather see grags benched over Myers

PTI
11-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Heck, who is playing the best on D? Leopold or Sekera? Even Reghyr is just giving the puck away too. It certainly isn't Erhoff!!

GreedoII
11-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Ruff is an idiot. His answer for everything is to bench a guy or shake up a line. Maybe it's the coach!! These guys are tired of his old antics. Is it a coincidence new players come in and play disinterested hockey like the rest of this team has been for the last 5 yrs? This guy has worn out his welcome. No coach should be on the same team for 15 damn yrs. it's ridiculous. Make a change completely Pegula if you want to "change" things. Tired of this old song and dance and so are the players. they are just tuning him out. It shows.

SabreEleven
11-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Ruff is an idiot. His answer for everything is to bench a guy or shake up a line. Maybe it's the coach!! These guys are tired of his old antics. Is it a coincidence new players come in and play disinterested hockey like the rest of this team has been for the last 5 yrs? This guy has worn out his welcome. No coach should be on the same team for 15 damn yrs. it's ridiculous. Make a change completely Pegula if you want to "change" things. Tired of this old song and dance and so are the players. they are just tuning him out. It shows.

I'm ok with the benchings (in fact I think he needs to do it more) but what tactic that drives me crazy is the juggling of lines. It seems he makes up a line and if they don't score the first time on the ice, he switches the lines. Jesus Christ, you have to give a line a few games to gel but he expects results right away.

Ruff has gotten stale here and needs to go, players have stopped responding to him.

chernobylwraiths
11-14-2011, 01:19 PM
has anybody herd from Lecter since this happened?

SabreEleven
11-14-2011, 01:20 PM
has anybody herd from Lecter since this happened?

I'm talking him from the ledge as we speak.

Mski
11-14-2011, 01:23 PM
i think Erhof is next to the dog house

SabreEleven
11-14-2011, 01:32 PM
From Lecter through email:

Yeah, I am fine.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I am a little sad but will live<o:p></o:p>

don137
11-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Whether it be his poor play or lack of toughness to stand up for your teammate I think it sends a strong message to the whole team that these guys are accountable and need to step up no matter who you are or how much you are paid.

chernobylwraiths
11-14-2011, 01:40 PM
From Lecter through email:

Yeah, I am fine.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I am a little sad but will live<o:p></o:p>

Well, there goes the plans with the season tickets. :D

SabreEleven
11-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Well, there goes the plans with the season tickets. :D

Oh, I forgot the last part of the message....

Give SabreEleven my season tickets....signed Dr. Lecter

It's official.

PTI
11-14-2011, 01:49 PM
I never thought Montador was that bad, really. All that money on Erhoff and Leino......

Montador was +16 last year, team leader, and has 3 goals and 3 assists and is +8 on Chicago and would have fought Lucic.

Crisis
11-14-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm ok with the benchings (in fact I think he needs to do it more) but what tactic that drives me crazy is the juggling of lines. It seems he makes up a line and if they don't score the first time on the ice, he switches the lines. Jesus Christ, you have to give a line a few games to gel but he expects results right away.

Ruff has gotten stale here and needs to go, players have stopped responding to him.

lines have been pretty set lately, i don't think this is a valid criticism right now

Vanek-Adam-Pominville
Leino-Roy-Stafford
Gerbe-Gaustad-Boyes (was kaleta before suspension)

SkateZilla
11-14-2011, 04:37 PM
we're on national TV tonite.. AUTO-LOSS