PDA

View Full Version : LaConfora: Wood has torn ACL

Coach Sal
11-14-2011, 12:11 PM
I haven't heard or seen anyone in Buffalo media report this, or Bills confirmation. But from NFL Network's Jason LaConfora:

Bills starting C Eric Wood has a torn ACL. Another big loss for the spiraling team.

https://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora/status/136142800315105281

Dr. Lecter
11-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Great.

He won't even be 100% for the start of next year.

ServoBillieves
11-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Lose 2 LT's, our starting C, and we carried very few lineman in to the season. This team had so much promise until we lost all these players.

I know you can say that complaining about injuries is pointless, but this is crucial. No Wood, no Bell, no Hairston, putting Levitre at LT... That isn't going to get a championship.

It's right now where I wish we still had Hangartner.

Mr. Miyagi
11-14-2011, 12:16 PM
Cursed.

trapezeus
11-14-2011, 12:27 PM
what team is carrying an entire OL of backups who can be competent starters?

Mahdi
11-14-2011, 12:39 PM
We need a solid vet to sign asap.

Mahdi
11-14-2011, 12:40 PM
I hope we don't put Levitre at C because I don't think he's strong enough.

Hairston - Levitre - Urbik - Rinehart - Pears

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2011, 12:44 PM
We can thank fitzpatricks suck for the injury to wood. without him throwing the intercepting wood would never have been hurt.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Better questions:

Wood and Bell have known histories of being injured-- why are they still here? Why does this team not understand that your best player is no good if they can't stay healthy? Why don't they have deeper backup to account for that? And why can't this team seem to find players that WILL stay healthy? This is a recurring problem, year after year, that never seems to end. I've mentioned turf (fun fact: Dallas is also one of the few stadiums that uses an artificial turf other than FieldTurf, and they have the same problems Buffalo does with high injury rates), but can it just be that? Are they poorly trained, or are the management people unable to determine who's an injury risk and who's not (which would explain the Merriman signing)? It's not luck. It can't be luck. It's too consistent to be luck.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-14-2011, 12:46 PM
We can thank fitzpatricks suck for the injury to wood. without him throwing the intercepting wood would never have been hurt.
Huh?

mrbojanglezs
11-14-2011, 12:47 PM
There goes the bills running game

ddaryl
11-14-2011, 12:48 PM
ah yes the wheels are off....

the rest of this season is pretty much shot

MikeInRoch
11-14-2011, 12:49 PM

Yeah, shame on him for putting a ball in his WR's hands...

Idiot.

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Huh?

he got hurt making the tackle on one of the interceptions.

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Yeah, shame on him for putting a ball in his WR's hands...

Idiot.

You're right. He has been playing like an idiot. Good to see you not suck like Fitzpatrick.

MikeInRoch
11-14-2011, 12:53 PM
You're right. He has been playing like an idiot. Good to see you not suck like Fitzpatrick.

No, your post is that of an idiot. That pick was ON the receivers hands. Blaming Fitz for it is moronic. But it's really about that you want to take any chance you can to trash Fitz.

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Until he starts playing like he did in the first three games before he got his pay day I will rip on him as much as I can. Throwing balls 3 feet over the receivers head IS HIS FAULT.

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2011, 01:27 PM
He had one good pass yesterday and that was the one to cj spiller.

Mski
11-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Better questions:

Wood and Bell have known histories of being injured-- why are they still here? Why does this team not understand that your best player is no good if they can't stay healthy? Why don't they have deeper backup to account for that? And why can't this team seem to find players that WILL stay healthy? This is a recurring problem, year after year, that never seems to end. I've mentioned turf (fun fact: Dallas is also one of the few stadiums that uses an artificial turf other than FieldTurf, and they have the same problems Buffalo does with high injury rates), but can it just be that? Are they poorly trained, or are the management people unable to determine who's an injury risk and who's not (which would explain the Merriman signing)? It's not luck. It can't be luck. It's too consistent to be luck.a broken leg, and torn ACL 2 years apart does not make him injury prone, both of those injuries have little to do with the players ability to stay healthy vs bad luck injuries.... someone like merriman, troup, bell, roscoe.... those are players that are injury prone... when your talking about hamstrings, ankles, backs, achillies

Griz78
11-14-2011, 01:28 PM
This sucks but who do you play there? Levitre or Urbik? I think maybe Urbik.

justasportsfan
11-14-2011, 01:31 PM

say what?

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2011, 01:53 PM
say what?

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3562035&postcount=14

NOT THE DUDE...
11-14-2011, 02:06 PM
8-9 months to recover. he might start on pup next year until week 1... we might need to add a center this offseason just in case he is slow to recover... even if its a fast recovery we are still talking missing some training camp...

BillsFanCupp38
11-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Word

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2011, 02:16 PM
As I said in another thread. It's too bad the Bills were so quick to cut the hang man. He sucked but he had experience.

dannyek71
11-14-2011, 03:07 PM
a broken leg, and torn ACL 2 years apart does not make him injury prone, both of those injuries have little to do with the players ability to stay healthy vs bad luck injuries.... someone like merriman, troup, bell, roscoe.... those are players that are injury prone... when your talking about hamstrings, ankles, backs, achillies

Agreed. That broken leg was a freak injury that would have taken anyone out.

Bell = Jonas Jennings.

Michael82
11-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Damn it! He was our best lineman and did a great job holding down the center position. :mad:

EDS
11-14-2011, 04:05 PM
a broken leg, and torn ACL 2 years apart does not make him injury prone, both of those injuries have little to do with the players ability to stay healthy vs bad luck injuries.... someone like merriman, troup, bell, roscoe.... those are players that are injury prone... when your talking about hamstrings, ankles, backs, achillies

He may not have been injury prone, but now you are talking about a 300+ pounder coming back from his second major leg injury in 3 seasons and you need to start thinking about his long term viability.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Speaking of past Bills centers... Melvin Fowler's available. As is Duke Preston. If it's a torn ACL, put Eric on IR and bring somebody in.

Mad Bomber
11-14-2011, 04:30 PM
I love your avatar, but this post is ignorant. Were you watching the game????
That INT was NOT on Fitz. He put the ball where it should have been. NFL WRs should catch those, not let them bounce to the opponent's DB.

BLeonard
11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
We need a solid vet to sign asap.

We should have done that in the preseason...

I recall Bryant McKinnie, Mark LeVoir and Brian Waters, among others, being available for quite a while during the Free Agency/Preseason period. all of those players are playing. waters and McKinnie are starting for their teams.

But, good ol' Buddy told us that our O-Line is "better than most people think," even while Chan was moving players all over the line...

Yet, here we sit... Didn't address the offensive line and went into the season with very little (if any) qyuality depth... But, hey, at least we're still $20 plus million under the salary cap!

-Bill

justasportsfan
11-15-2011, 11:15 AM
http://billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3562035&postcount=14
say what?