PDA

View Full Version : Why all the hate towards Buddy

DesertFox24
11-14-2011, 01:18 PM
I personally like the direction this team is trying to head. We have gotten bigger on both lines, and both of our lines are still very young with some promising players.

Look they have come out and said they drafted Spiller because they did not know how good Jackson is.

They cut Maybin

They drafted big DL, Dareus and Carrington are playing well and are getting better. Troup looked awesome till he broke his hand and then had back issues no idea if he is any good.

Sheppard is getting playing time now, Moats and Batten are getting playing time hopefully one of Moats and Batten will develop.

Hairston looks like he has replaced Bell as the LT and the team will let Bell walk I guess.

Pears and Urbik were good pick ups, and Pears is playing at a pro bowl level.

Rinehart in my opinion should be resigned he is not great but he can come in and play well enough to not kill you for a game or two. In other words a good backup.

I think once we get our LT back we should be able to protect a lot better because Levitre is a stud at LG.

Aaron Williams will get seven games to play lets see what he can do.

Hopefully this draft is OLBs, WR, OL, and CBs.

Extremebillsfan247
11-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Nix is the bad guy when the Bills lose. When they win, he is probably the least talked about on here. lol

kingJofNYC
11-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Day after a second blowout loss, everyone needs to be fired!

Extremebillsfan247
11-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Day after a second blowout loss, everyone needs to be fired!I'm just waiting for the player trading gossip to start up. :laughing:

DesertFox24
11-14-2011, 02:19 PM
LOL this is year 2 people and we are very young team still.

Also last time I checked we are not out of it yet, and if we can get our act together we can still make a playoff push.

2012 is the year we judge the Gailey Nix administration and see if we are going in the correct direction.

We have to build on this year and have a much better defense in my opinion.

The offense is ok, all we need is a wr that can threaten defenses deep to prevent the squat zone we have faced the past two weeks, and some more OL depth. Which is probably 2 draft picks and some FAs for offense total.

We need a bunch of LBs mostly OLBs and ILBs to replace the three that contracts are up. I would recommend in bringing Morrison back because he is young and solid. I would also like to see another corner.

OLB is the major weakness of this team.

Also I want to see us play our young guys more and get them some more experience. Also Chan needs to get Spiller involved more we need to know if we have anything in him before we give Fred a huge deal.

Spiller could be special, but we do not know yet.

Extremebillsfan247
11-14-2011, 02:33 PM
LOL this is year 2 people and we are very young team still.

Also last time I checked we are not out of it yet, and if we can get our act together we can still make a playoff push.

2012 is the year we judge the Gailey Nix administration and see if we are going in the correct direction.

We have to build on this year and have a much better defense in my opinion.

The offense is ok, all we need is a wr that can threaten defenses deep to prevent the squat zone we have faced the past two weeks, and some more OL depth. Which is probably 2 draft picks and some FAs for offense total.

We need a bunch of LBs mostly OLBs and ILBs to replace the three that contracts are up. I would recommend in bringing Morrison back because he is young and solid. I would also like to see another corner.

OLB is the major weakness of this team.

Also I want to see us play our young guys more and get them some more experience. Also Chan needs to get Spiller involved more we need to know if we have anything in him before we give Fred a huge deal.

Spiller could be special, but we do not know yet.

I agree that the team is getting younger. There are signs of improvement. But, as far as the post season goes, I don't think that is likely this year. The rest of the Bills schedule from here on out is absolutely brutal. That, coupled with their injury issues, are going to make a playoff run this year next to impossible to accomplish.

Maybe next year when they have the new guys acclimated to the system, have a full off season regiment of training etc., they may improve enough to make a push towards a post season. JMO

PromoTheRobot
11-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Ever notice how quiet and boring things get when the Bills win?

PTR

jamze132
11-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Ever notice how quiet and boring things get when the Bills win?

PTR
I noticed that to. I rarely post when we were winning.

Night Train
11-14-2011, 05:13 PM
There's only a couple people *****ing, which is standard when losses occur. They need a fall guy.

mjt328
11-14-2011, 07:53 PM
I personally like the direction this team is trying to head. We have gotten bigger on both lines, and both of our lines are still very young with some promising players.

Look they have come out and said they drafted Spiller because they did not know how good Jackson is.

They cut Maybin

They drafted big DL, Dareus and Carrington are playing well and are getting better. Troup looked awesome till he broke his hand and then had back issues no idea if he is any good.

Sheppard is getting playing time now, Moats and Batten are getting playing time hopefully one of Moats and Batten will develop.

Hairston looks like he has replaced Bell as the LT and the team will let Bell walk I guess.

Pears and Urbik were good pick ups, and Pears is playing at a pro bowl level.

Rinehart in my opinion should be resigned he is not great but he can come in and play well enough to not kill you for a game or two. In other words a good backup.

I think once we get our LT back we should be able to protect a lot better because Levitre is a stud at LG.

Aaron Williams will get seven games to play lets see what he can do.

Hopefully this draft is OLBs, WR, OL, and CBs.

Buddy gets hate because in his two years, so far, he has failed to improve the talent level of this team.

I agree that Dareus has played well so far. But he has a long way to go to live up to a Top 3 pick. He needs to become a dominant game changer every single week.
I also agree that Hairston has shown some potential in the 1-2 games he has played.

However, Carrington, Moats and Batten have average backups at best. Troup has been horrible. Nobody else drafted by Nix has even managed to scratch the starting lineup on a team with tons of holes.

Sadly, the best players on this team (Fred Jackson, Steve Johnson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Andy Levitre, Eric Wood, Kyle Williams) were ALL brought in by the previous regime.

RoscoeMagic
11-14-2011, 08:43 PM
I have to blame Buddy for the lack of foresight and depth at the OLB position. We shouldn't be dicking with Carrington and Sp. Johnson out there. Maybe he should have signed a vet OT as well for depth. Spiller was a terrible pick. Probably should have made a move to get Brandon Llyod for a freaking conditional 6th rounder too. Troup might have been a bit of a reach, still early though. Our D also has no identity. I don't know if that's on Nix with his personnel decisions or George Edwards with the schemes we're running. Also, the Brad Smith signing; again I don't know if that's on Gailey to utlize him better or on Nix for the hefty luxury signing in the first place--especially in a year when kickoffs are being rendered moot.

Aside from all that, it's hard to kill Nix too much. I originally had my doubts about him, but finding contributors like Urbik, Rinehart, Chandler, Nelson, Pears, Barnett on the cheap has been impressive. He definitely deserves another offseason 110%.

Mr. Pink
11-15-2011, 01:57 AM
The 2010 Draft was a whiff, top to bottom. Who should get the blame for that then, if not Buddy?

X-Era
11-15-2011, 05:41 AM
Pears is playing at a pro-bowl level? I can't go that far. He's looked decent.

I'm concerned with the lack of depth on the OL at this point and how were forced to keep moving Levitre as I said in my other thread. We should have added vet depth.

I think anytime your SS is your leading tackler you have some issues on D. But, Dareus has better numbers than Suh right now so that was a huge pickup.

Sheppard just hasn't impressed me in college or yet for the Bills. I want a head hunter and force in the middle. He may top out as a solid starting ILB but never be dominant.

OLB is a serious need. It could be an early pick. If Upshaw happens to be there at say 15 or so where we may pick, we should take him.

Our secondary needs reinforcement. McKelvin may need to just be traded or released. I hope Williams develops but CB is very much a major need, I agree.

WR is a darkhorse need based on what happens with Stevie. But even if we keep Stevie, a prospect with more upside as our potential #2 WR and who can also return punts would be nice.

OL is still a need and Id like to land another OT. The mid to late 1st round may not be the best spot to grab an OT. LB or CB may be a better target.

RoscoeMagic
11-15-2011, 05:42 AM
The 2010 Draft was a whiff, top to bottom. Who should get the blame for that then, if not Buddy?

25 games isn't nearly enough to judge the entire class. Spiller was a terrible pick even if he pans out because a) RB wasn't even a need and b) drafting a RB in the top 10 is asinine, especially one that's not accustomed to pounding it 20-25 times a game. Spiller can still be a good player and find his niche, ala Reggie Bush, but other than that the jury is still out.