PDA

View Full Version : Some Perspective

Stewie
11-14-2011, 08:47 PM
We are just now halfway through a three year rebuilding process with the new regime.

This team has been playing .500 football since the middle of last year. They have shown the ability to hang with good teams. To beat good teams. And the inexperience and sloppiness to lose to bad teams, or get blown out.

Any judgement of the organization should be judged from a "we're halfway there" perspective, and from that vantage, I'm good with where this team is. We knew this was a three year process, Buddy and Chan said that repeatedly when they got here.

So have patience. These guys have been trying it the right way since they got here. No, they're not perfect. They have made mistakes. But they're WAY better than we had. And we have a young assistant GM primed to provide continuity, who can learn what to do, and what not to do, from a guy with a lot of experience and football wisdom.

BertSquirtgum
11-15-2011, 01:04 AM
This team blows.

RedEyE
11-15-2011, 07:03 AM
This team is still missing some critical pieces to ever assemble a winning season.

The defense was supposed to be better this year. In essence, it's slightly better becasue of takeaways...but still without any decent pass rush.

The offense is all finnese. If Fitz is off the entire team struggles. I love Fitz and appreciate what he is done, but I think we have seen his best days.

I, for one, hope the Bills are still shopping for a QB.

jamze132
11-15-2011, 07:48 AM
We are just now halfway through a three year rebuilding process with the new regime.

This team has been playing .500 football since the middle of last year. They have shown the ability to hang with good teams. To beat good teams. And the inexperience and sloppiness to lose to bad teams, or get blown out.

Any judgement of the organization should be judged from a "we're halfway there" perspective, and from that vantage, I'm good with where this team is. We knew this was a three year process, Buddy and Chan said that repeatedly when they got here.

So have patience. These guys have been trying it the right way since they got here. No, they're not perfect. They have made mistakes. But they're WAY better than we had. And we have a young assistant GM primed to provide continuity, who can learn what to do, and what not to do, from a guy with a lot of experience and football wisdom.
I agree. Sometimes I forget but I am almost numb to losing now.

Hopefully giving the keys to Fitz won't prevent us from taking a top QB in the draft if the circumstances dicate.

Ginger Vitis
11-15-2011, 08:59 AM
I'm tired of rebuliding processes..

Historian
11-15-2011, 09:49 AM
I agree with Stewie.

And I would add to that, that they are fun to watch on most Sundays.

Gone are the days of the 6-3 turds that jauron used to coach.

DesertFox24
11-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Could not have said it better. I think we got our hopes up to much after 5-1 start, and we need to relax a bit.

We have holes we all know what they are now, and I am pretty sure the team does as well. They pretty much have said they know by there is no quick fix comments, which to me means they know it is personnel.

EDS
11-15-2011, 10:33 AM
I think we can all agree that a loss to Miami this weekend will be cause for some justified *****ing.

HAMMER
11-15-2011, 10:39 AM
I agree with Stewie.

And I would add to that, that they are fun to watch on most Sundays.

Gone are the days of the 6-3 turds that jauron used to coach.

Not quite sure about that after only scoring 18 points in two full games.

DesertFox24
11-15-2011, 11:44 AM
I think we can all agree that a loss to Miami this weekend will be cause for some justified *****ing.

I said before the season started I was expecting 7 to 9 wins. If they win 7 games I will be ok with that.

Next year they have to be 500 or better at a minimum for Chan to keep his job, that is unless every major starter gets IRed (Fitz, Stevie, Fred, Dareus, Williams)

Ickybaluky
11-15-2011, 12:02 PM
I think we got our hopes up to much after 5-1 start, and we need to relax a bit.

I guess you did, considering they didn't start 5-1. They were 4-1 at one point, then 5-2 before losing the last couple.

Dr. Lecter
11-15-2011, 12:05 PM
I would be more excited if I saw any solid contribution out of the last two draft classes with the exception of Dareus.

Historian
11-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Not quite sure about that after only scoring 18 points in two full games.

This team is still different than the previous 12.

They usually follow up a **** game with a solid effort.

Lets see how they shake off back to back turds.