PDA

View Full Version : The WR that fits our system

DesertFox24
11-15-2011, 07:46 AM
I had the correct school just the wrong guy.

Jarius Wright, the guy is not the tall guy you guys want, but he is fast as hell good hips and good hands.

He is going to be a player and I hope someone we draft because we need someone to make defenses play us honestly. That is how Johnson/Nelson/Jones/ Chandler will do their thing.

Jan Reimers
11-15-2011, 07:58 AM
I agree about needing a speed receiver with good hands. But we had one, and he didn't fit our system.

I guess our system is designed for slower guys who can catch 5 yard passes over the middle, and the occasional long 8 yarder to the sidelines.

DesertFox24
11-15-2011, 08:28 AM
I agree about needing a speed receiver with good hands. But we had one, and he didn't fit our system.

I guess our system is designed for slower guys who can catch 5 yard passes over the middle, and the occasional long 8 yarder to the sidelines.

I am not sure it was as much the type of player Lee was I think it had more to do with what the could get and what they were paying for and they knew his best days were behind him.

Not many 30 year olds are speed receivers.

Keep in mind we got a 4th for a 30 year old receiver that has played in 2 games with 2 catches.

I just think if we can get a guy who can challenge teams vertically down the middle that we could have a Green Bay type of explosive offense with our possession guys and be very scary to teams on the offensive side of the ball.

Granted we need good protection as well.

TigerJ
11-15-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm not against having speed at WR. I hope the Bills do add some, but there seem to be other factors to being a deep threat. Moreover, speed is a very relative term when it comes to WRs. There are a number of deep threat receivers in the NFL who run about a 4.45. So you don't necessarily need a 4.3 guy. It's just as important for your receivers to be some combination of a great route runner, good leaping ability, and the ability to use the body to shield off a defender.

mysticsoto
11-15-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm not against having speed at WR. I hope the Bills do add some, but there seem to be other factors to being a deep threat. Moreover, speed is a very relative term when it comes to WRs. There are a number of deep threat receivers in the NFL who run about a 4.45. So you don't necessarily need a 4.3 guy. It's just as important for your receivers to be some combination of a great route runner, good leaping ability, and the ability to use the body to shield off a defender.

Let's not forget having a QB that can have the accuracy to deliver the long bomb. Right now, I don't see Fitz having that at all!!!

TigerJ
11-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Let's not forget having a QB that can have the accuracy to deliver the long bomb. Right now, I don't see Fitz having that at all!!!That's also a two way street. A great receiver can create more separation which means a bigger window for the QB, which reduces the extent to which the QB has to be accurate. A very accurate QB reduces the need for a receiver to be able to generate a lot of separation. Give our receivers an Aaron Rogers to throw them the ball, and we probably complete a lot of passes. Give Fitzpatrick Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, and AJ Green to throw to, and he probably completes some deep balls. Give Fitzpatrick our receivers and against at least some teams, we are going to have a tough time completing any passes, to say nothing about deep passes.

Extremebillsfan247
11-15-2011, 06:43 PM
I had the correct school just the wrong guy.

Jarius Wright, the guy is not the tall guy you guys want, but he is fast as hell good hips and good hands.

He is going to be a player and I hope someone we draft because we need someone to make defenses play us honestly. That is how Johnson/Nelson/Jones/ Chandler will do their thing. The Bills need a receiver to compliment Stevie Johnson. Donald Jones just isn't good enough to fill that roll. Johnson would also probably play better if he knew a receiver was good enough to challenge him for the go to receiver roll. The Bills will never find that searching through other teams scraps which is quickly becoming a habit, and staple of this current regime. JMO

mjt328
11-15-2011, 10:20 PM
The Bills need an ELITE talent at wide receiver to make up for Fitzpatrick's weaknesses as a quarterback.

Not just someone fast like Mike Wallace or Desean Jackson.
Fitz would just overthrow them like he overthrows Donald Jones on deep routes now.

We made a long-term commitment to a quarterback that struggles throwing the deep ball. If the Bills want to become a top team, they now need someone like Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald...
Someone that can make plays when the ball is thrown poorly or into coverage.

DraftBoy
11-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Id take Hilton over Wright or Adams.

DesertFox24
11-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Id take Hilton over Wright or Adams.

About the same size and weight, what about him do you like?

I have not seen him play yet.

DraftBoy
11-16-2011, 06:58 AM
About the same size and weight, what about him do you like?

I have not seen him play yet.

Faster, more athletic, and more versatile.