X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Casserly: the magic is over for Bills

... In talking to defensive coordinators, they felt the way to stop Buffalo's offense was to jam their receivers at the line of scrimmage -- be physical with them, disrupt their timing. This makes Ryan Fitzpatrick hold the ball. The thought is the Bills tackles are not good enough to hold up against good ends on the pass rush. The other point is to do a good job of limiting the receivers' yards after the catch, which people have been able to do. The reason this strategy works is because the Bills don't have exceptional receivers that are hard to press. Buffalo's run defense continues to struggle (163 yards allowed) and their defense can't put pressure on the QB (no sacks). I think people have the formula to beat Buffalo. Buffalo, in my opinion, has peaked and will struggle from here on out.
  • PromoTheRobot
    • Sep 2003

Re: Casserly: the magic is over for Bills

Casserly failed as a GM so he's now an analyst. Those who can't talk about it like they can.

PTR
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
      Casserly failed as a GM so he's now an analyst. Those who can't talk about it like they can.

PTR
      Well if we're going to use that logic, why even have a message board? If anyone here had valid opinions on football, they'd be working in the NFL instead of posting about it on the Internet, right?
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Hes right imo

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Until the Bills prove otherwise, I say Casserly is right on the money. It was fun while it lasted but the hope is gone. I've watched this team before and I've been waiting for the let down all season long. It just took a little longer this year. I guess some will call this "improvement".

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
            • Feb 2005

sounds about right to me
            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
              • Jul 2002

I have to agree with him. Based on the last two games, people have figured out how to limit the Bills offense. Couple this with our depleted offensive line and putrid defense, and it looks like it is all downhill from here IMO.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

PTR

i can't disagree though. the results are there. this ol looked good with Fitz getting rid of the ball fast. If he can't the OL looks bad.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

So let's assume he's right (and I think he is for the record) what's the issue and how do we fix it offensively?

The defense is a disaster right now, so let's just focus on the offense.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Why so Serious?
                    sounds about right to me
                    "In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned." ...your sig line.

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by SquishDaFish
                      Hes right imo
                      I think so too and I'll still root for him to be wrong...but as I and hundred others have posted before, the Bills are still a good year away from having a solid roster and are several players short from being a legit playoff team.

It's NOT criticism but looking at the team for what they are. Improving but the film has caught up to their limitations and it's easier to scheme against them until the talent level is increased at key positions ( OLB,CB,DE,WR etc. )

Fair enough ? Not sensative at all to unbiased observations.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        So let's assume he's right (and I think he is for the record) what's the issue and how do we fix it offensively?

The defense is a disaster right now, so let's just focus on the offense.
                        First and foremost, teach the receivers how to be more physical and beat jams.

Second, the tackles have to give Fitz more time. Hopefully Hairston coming back will help with that, although with Wood out we will have to be more wary of pressure up the middle.d

Third, use the RB's and TE's to chip the edge rushers and help out the tackles.

Fourth, Fitz just has to be better. He has to feel the pressure and either scramble or throw the ball away faster, and he has to be more accurate when he does have the chance to step up and throw.

Can this be done? Can Fitz, the tackles and the receivers learn the tricks and improve mid-season? I don't know, but if they don't, the rest of this season is going to get ugly.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

I think that is exactly right.

I think Stevie is by far our best WR and after that it gets sketchy as to who our #2 is. Nelson has done well for himself but he is a slot guy and Jones has not lived up to a #2 WR yet.

The other thing is Johnson is our best WR against press coverage and he is not thrown to often enough which is making it as if we have several #2 WRs.

If defenses are going to press us Johnson needs to be thrown to early and often to discourage them from doing it because he has shown that he can beat press and make big plays off it.

Everything else is spot on, we know we can't rush the passer and that will limit the potential of the defense dramatically.

Comment

• methos4ever
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
                            I think so too and I'll still root for him to be wrong...but as I and hundred others have posted before, the Bills are still a good year away from having a solid roster and are several players short from being a legit playoff team.

It's NOT criticism but looking at the team for what they are. Improving but the film has caught up to their limitations and it's easier to scheme against them until the talent level is increased at key positions ( OLB,CB,DE,WR etc. )

Fair enough ? Not sensative at all to unbiased observations.
                            I agree with that, but then disagree vehemently with the follow up the local media and some fans have of, (wait for it) "Same ol' Bills" which to me is very far from the truth.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

PTR
                              He got a Super Bowl ring.

Hardly a failure.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X