PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else disgusted and disillusioned with the Sabres over the Boston incident?

Cleve
11-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Not really a 'fair weather' fan - been watching the Bills for 25 years for example.

But I'm ashamed of, and embarrassed by, the total lack of response from the Sabres after the hit on Miller. I'm not sure I really am interested in being a fan of a team like that.

Maybe they don't like Miller in the locker room - maybe not. But even THAT wouldn't excuse it. There's an old expression - he may be an a$$hole, but he's OUR a$$hole. You do NOT let another team punk your team like that and still call yourself a man.

Heck, I don't even play hockey - and I wanted to put on a uniform and skates and run down that ice at full tilt and charge right into Tim Thomas when play resumed, and give the Bruins and their fans the finger!

I can't believe the apathetic "oh well" response during the game and the whining and wussy-talk from the Sabres since then.

I think we got a team of pretty boys, not real men. You can't train guys like that to be angry at being totally disrespected by another team - it's instinctive - you either have it in you to respond, or you don't

It's actually got me seriously considering NOT being a Sabres fan any more, at least until there's a major house cleaning of do-nothing apathetic players at First Niagara Center.

2slowtogofast
11-16-2011, 07:11 AM
I am. I wish that we would have reacted differently. Another thing that really bothers me is that if next wed a sabre runs Thomas it will most likely be a suspension. Now that the league got all bothered about Ruff saying its open season if we do something there going to react with a suspension because of that comment. Which would infuriate me because it is so unfair. We most lilkely won't do anything because of this which also sucks. This is just my veiw of things right now. Pretty much our team's reaction was terrible and so was the leagues in my opinion.

SkateZilla
11-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Funny...

Miller defended the team in an interview saying "they're better than that" (by not going after players).

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7238815/buffalo-sabres-ryan-miller-disappointed-milan-lucic-nhl

clumping platelets
11-16-2011, 09:13 AM
You don't go after Thomas, you go after Lucic

SkateZilla
11-16-2011, 09:17 AM
going after lucic now is:

A. Too Late
B. Pre-Meditated
C. will result in suspensions and Fines.

Cleve
11-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Rob Ray would have been right into Boston's bench kicking some ass if something like that happened on his watch I'll bet.

I don't like Miller's "we're above that" sort of pretty-boy hockey. I guess the 'right way' is for Miller to whine to the press about the unfairness of it, and draw derision from the rest of the NHL upon himself and the team.

SkateZilla
11-16-2011, 09:47 AM
where's peters?

PTI
11-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Miller would not have wanted the Sabres to go after Thomas, that is not how it works, there is a fraternity among goalies and Thomas is a team USA buddy of his. When Sabres got down 3 goals it should have been a free for all fight zone.

2slowtogofast
11-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Rob Ray would have been right into Boston's bench kicking some ass if something like that happened on his watch I'll bet.

I don't like Miller's "we're above that" sort of pretty-boy hockey. I guess the 'right way' is for Miller to whine to the press about the unfairness of it, and draw derision from the rest of the NHL upon himself and the team.

Yeah I don't want our team to be above that. good point. Good moral won't win a cup

Crisis
11-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Problem is we have no one who can even stand toe to toe with Lucic in a fight. McCormick has gotten his ass kicked by Lucic before and he's the closest thing we have to a heavyweight.

Kassian is still developing other parts of his game and hasn't been the physical force in Rochester that everyone thinks he is (which is good, having a loose cannon like he was in juniors isn't a good thing)

rbochan
11-16-2011, 02:57 PM
"...If you went down to Rochester right now and pinned a picture of Milan Lucic up in the Rochester dressing room you would have 24 players willing to take big meaty Chara punches in the face to get into NHL. Shouldn’t we have 20 players in the Buffalo dressing room that would be willing to do the same to stay there?"

http://sabreshockeycentral.com/2011/11/16/the-answer/

SabreEleven
11-16-2011, 07:31 PM
What hit against Miller?

Night Train
11-17-2011, 04:50 AM
Roster makeup is soft. Will take a couple years to fix it.

Don't expect much, come playoff time.

G Wolly
11-17-2011, 08:16 AM
going after lucic now is:

A. Too Late
B. Pre-Meditated
C. will result in suspensions and Fines.

Will result in suspensions IF it looks planned.

We just make it look like an accident...

...bada-bing bada-boom

OpIv37
11-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Problem is we have no one who can even stand toe to toe with Lucic in a fight. McCormick has gotten his ass kicked by Lucic before and he's the closest thing we have to a heavyweight.

It doesn't matter. Sometimes you have to take one for the team.

I remember I was at a game in DC back in the day when Ovechkin shoved Briere face-first into the boards from behind as Briere was heading off for a change. Gaustad instantly dropped the gloves and was punching Ovechkin in the face before he even knew what happened.

You just have to throw the gloves down, go in swinging, and quite possibly take one for the team. Even if you lose the fight, the message that the team will stand up for each other still gets sent.

Gaustad got ejected from the game for that, but so did Ovechkin. I'll take that trade every time.

2slowtogofast
11-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Myers atleast looked better last night. He needs to keep it up.

Cleve
11-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Myers atleast looked better last night. He needs to keep it up.

At least one positive thing... Lindy doesn't appear too afraid to bench a player if the performance is substandard. Might have helped with Myers.

SabreEleven
11-17-2011, 01:30 PM
At least one positive thing... Lindy doesn't appear too afraid to bench a player if the performance is substandard. Might have helped with Myers.

Really? I remember my first year of watching hockey also.

Players from this team especially from "The Core" have gone on monthly scoring droughts without Lindy benching them. I'm really surprised Myers got benched because he is reach "Core" protection status.