PDA

View Full Version : Injuries - Does anyone have stats?

Pride
11-16-2011, 05:51 AM
I'd be curious to see how our team has compared to the rest of the league in terms of players put on IR during the season (including training camp).

It just seems like we get hit with the injury bug every year and it is a weekly event to receive a text stating someone has been placed on IR.

stuckincincy
11-16-2011, 08:09 AM
I'd be curious to see how our team has compared to the rest of the league in terms of players put on IR during the season (including training camp).

It just seems like we get hit with the injury bug every year and it is a weekly event to receive a text stating someone has been placed on IR.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries/pup

Note that rb Kenny Irons is still on CIN's PUP list. He was their #2 in 2007, and tore his leg up in his 1st game ever - pre-season. Brown keeps him on until he qualifies for an NFL pension, I think. He did the same for 2005's #1 -David Pollack.

EDS
11-16-2011, 09:41 AM
I am impressed that Houston has been as good as they have been without Mario Williams and Andre Johnson for most of the season. Losing their QB now - that may be a different story.

Mski
11-16-2011, 11:29 AM
i dont know the numbers, but i think NYG probably lead that category... but big name player injuries seem more prominent this year, and could be due to the lockout and players with lingering injuries not being able to get full rehab and treatment by team doctors and trainers