X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

McKelvin

I know he has struggled this year and was torched by the jets, but that TD by Dez Bryant he had perfect coverage that was just a great play by Dez.

Yes I know he is not a stud by any means but we have him for 2 more years so hopefully he can develop into a solid 2 or 3. Florence I have no idea what was going on last week.

Hopefully Aaron Williams can become our Ike Taylor, and I would like to see Justin Rodgers play because he is an athlete.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: McKelvin

Originally posted by DesertFox24
    I know he has struggled his whole career and was torched by (fill in name of team we played last Sunday).
    I fixed it for you.

I'm ready to put Spiller and McKelvin in the "bust" category. They're not completely useless like Maybin, but they will certainly never live up to their potential or the hype that surrounds them.

And I agree with you on Florence. He was good for us the last two years, but he has struggled this season and was particularly brutal on Sunday. At least two of Dallas' TD's were on him.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

I would tend to disagree. It's not like the ball was nearly out of reach for everyone and Bryant made an amazing grab with his feet still in bounds...he reached over McKelvin and plucked it out of the air. I doubt that truly good/great CB's have that done to them, especially when the CB appears to be looking right back at the ball.

We absolutely need Williams to step up quickly, and yes, hopefully Justin Rogers develops into a decent player as well.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

I'm not holding my breath on Rogers. We'll see.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

He's actually not been our worst CB. Id argue Florence has been a complete disaster and McGee not fair behind him. At least McKelvin manages to stay in the friggin screen.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Know what would help the secondary? A friggin pass rush.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              He's actually not been our worst CB. Id argue Florence has been a complete disaster and McGee not fair behind him. At least McKelvin manages to stay in the friggin screen.
              McGee has made some great open field tackles this season but his coverage has been brutal. I'm not sure what the status of his contract is but I'd be surprised if we made him another offer after it's up. He's always hurt, and his play has declined when he is healthy.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Prov401
                President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I fixed it for you.

I'm ready to put Spiller and McKelvin in the "bust" category. They're not completely useless like Maybin, but they will certainly never live up to their potential or the hype that surrounds them.

And I agree with you on Florence. He was good for us the last two years, but he has struggled this season and was particularly brutal on Sunday. At least two of Dallas' TD's were on him.
                I wouldn't call Spiller a bust. He's averaging 6.3 yards per carry. He hasn't been put in position to live up to a first round pick, for obvious reasons (Jackson).

McKelvin is definitely a bust. Dude has played like a 4th round pick his whole career.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

You can almost always tell how good a CB will be in his second year. Rookie CB's, no matter where they're drafted, tend to struggle. If he doesn't get it by his second year, he almost certainly won't get it.

McKelvin hasn't gotten it.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

McKelvin is a bust, hands down.

As far as Spiller, I wish the Bills could do what Houston is doing right now with Foster and Tate. Very similar situation. Unfortunately, they don't have the defense to give them that luxury.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Prov401
                      I wouldn't call Spiller a bust. He's averaging 6.3 yards per carry. He hasn't been put in position to live up to a first round pick, for obvious reasons (Jackson).

McKelvin is definitely a bust. Dude has played like a 4th round pick his whole career.
                      That's because he should have been a 4th rd. pick. Put that one on the scouting dept., AGAIN.

Comment

• cookie G
                        • Mar 2003

He's a zone corner. He has no business going deep. In his 4 seasons, I can't remember a time where he was deep against a WR one on and actually won the match up.

You can let him cover the short throws, but if he hasn't figured out how to knock a ball away on a deep throw by now, he won't.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          I fixed it for you.

I disagree about Spiller.

Spiller hasn't really been given the opportunity yet to explode onto the scene (not saying he actually will). Jackson has been so good in every aspect of the offense, it's impossible to get Spiller really involved at this point. I'm not a fan of taking away reps from Jackson at this point.

Next season I would expect to see Spiller more, but Jackson is playing out of this world right now.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

FJ is so much better than CJ right now, so it makes no sense to use CJ in that capacity.

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Except for a few blown coverages, our CB's tend to be right in the play but it's as if every QB knows you can beat them by throwing over them.

Comment

Working...
                              X