PDA

View Full Version : McKelvin

DesertFox24
11-16-2011, 08:24 AM
I know he has struggled this year and was torched by the jets, but that TD by Dez Bryant he had perfect coverage that was just a great play by Dez.

Yes I know he is not a stud by any means but we have him for 2 more years so hopefully he can develop into a solid 2 or 3. Florence I have no idea what was going on last week.

Hopefully Aaron Williams can become our Ike Taylor, and I would like to see Justin Rodgers play because he is an athlete.

OpIv37
11-16-2011, 08:28 AM
I know he has struggled his whole career and was torched by (fill in name of team we played last Sunday).

I fixed it for you.

I'm ready to put Spiller and McKelvin in the "bust" category. They're not completely useless like Maybin, but they will certainly never live up to their potential or the hype that surrounds them.

And I agree with you on Florence. He was good for us the last two years, but he has struggled this season and was particularly brutal on Sunday. At least two of Dallas' TD's were on him.

psubills62
11-16-2011, 08:28 AM
I would tend to disagree. It's not like the ball was nearly out of reach for everyone and Bryant made an amazing grab with his feet still in bounds...he reached over McKelvin and plucked it out of the air. I doubt that truly good/great CB's have that done to them, especially when the CB appears to be looking right back at the ball.

We absolutely need Williams to step up quickly, and yes, hopefully Justin Rogers develops into a decent player as well.

k-oneputt
11-16-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm not holding my breath on Rogers. We'll see.

DraftBoy
11-16-2011, 08:34 AM
He's actually not been our worst CB. Id argue Florence has been a complete disaster and McGee not fair behind him. At least McKelvin manages to stay in the friggin screen.

TacklingDummy
11-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Know what would help the secondary? A friggin pass rush.

OpIv37
11-16-2011, 08:40 AM
He's actually not been our worst CB. Id argue Florence has been a complete disaster and McGee not fair behind him. At least McKelvin manages to stay in the friggin screen.

McGee has made some great open field tackles this season but his coverage has been brutal. I'm not sure what the status of his contract is but I'd be surprised if we made him another offer after it's up. He's always hurt, and his play has declined when he is healthy.

Prov401
11-16-2011, 08:40 AM
I fixed it for you.

I'm ready to put Spiller and McKelvin in the "bust" category. They're not completely useless like Maybin, but they will certainly never live up to their potential or the hype that surrounds them.

And I agree with you on Florence. He was good for us the last two years, but he has struggled this season and was particularly brutal on Sunday. At least two of Dallas' TD's were on him.

I wouldn't call Spiller a bust. He's averaging 6.3 yards per carry. He hasn't been put in position to live up to a first round pick, for obvious reasons (Jackson).

McKelvin is definitely a bust. Dude has played like a 4th round pick his whole career.

psubills62
11-16-2011, 08:45 AM
You can almost always tell how good a CB will be in his second year. Rookie CB's, no matter where they're drafted, tend to struggle. If he doesn't get it by his second year, he almost certainly won't get it.

McKelvin hasn't gotten it.

Philagape
11-16-2011, 08:48 AM
McKelvin is a bust, hands down.

As far as Spiller, I wish the Bills could do what Houston is doing right now with Foster and Tate. Very similar situation. Unfortunately, they don't have the defense to give them that luxury.

k-oneputt
11-16-2011, 08:49 AM
I wouldn't call Spiller a bust. He's averaging 6.3 yards per carry. He hasn't been put in position to live up to a first round pick, for obvious reasons (Jackson).

McKelvin is definitely a bust. Dude has played like a 4th round pick his whole career.

That's because he should have been a 4th rd. pick. Put that one on the scouting dept., AGAIN.

cookie G
11-16-2011, 09:30 AM
He's a zone corner. He has no business going deep. In his 4 seasons, I can't remember a time where he was deep against a WR one on and actually won the match up.

You can let him cover the short throws, but if he hasn't figured out how to knock a ball away on a deep throw by now, he won't.

jamze132
11-16-2011, 09:38 AM
I fixed it for you.

I disagree about Spiller.

Spiller hasn't really been given the opportunity yet to explode onto the scene (not saying he actually will). Jackson has been so good in every aspect of the offense, it's impossible to get Spiller really involved at this point. I'm not a fan of taking away reps from Jackson at this point.

Next season I would expect to see Spiller more, but Jackson is playing out of this world right now.

Skooby
11-16-2011, 09:40 AM
FJ is so much better than CJ right now, so it makes no sense to use CJ in that capacity.

madness
11-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Except for a few blown coverages, our CB's tend to be right in the play but it's as if every QB knows you can beat them by throwing over them.

Figster
11-16-2011, 09:54 AM
I fixed it for you.

Zero pass rush and someone is going to get torched. Mckelvin is a good CB that gives 100% on every play in my opinion.

WR are going to make plays, especially with the defenseless receiver rule and the stupidest God damn rule I've ever seen, the don't bump heads rule. Two players flying at each other wide open, DB has to tackle/knock the ball out/make plays with his arms, but his damn head is always in the way, go figure,

Awwww come on man!!!!(not directed at you OPIv37)

DraftBoy
11-16-2011, 10:09 AM
He's a zone corner. He has no business going deep. In his 4 seasons, I can't remember a time where he was deep against a WR one on and actually won the match up.

You can let him cover the short throws, but if he hasn't figured out how to knock a ball away on a deep throw by now, he won't.

Ding, Ding...

Another example of how we still badly lack the personnel needed in a 34 defense.

DraftBoy
11-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Except for a few blown coverages, our CB's tend to be right in the play but it's as if every QB knows you can beat them by throwing over them.

They are also a step or two slow as well.

DasBills
11-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Know what would help the secondary? A friggin pass rush.This is dead-on.

Night Train
11-16-2011, 10:22 AM
What is maddening about McKelvin is that he's right there to make a play..then just waves his arms like a short bus rider that just missed his stop. :wtf:

dannyek71
11-16-2011, 04:54 PM

McGee has actually been pretty decent for us. What games have you been watching?

YardRat
11-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Zero ball skills. Chalk up another bust.

YardRat
11-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Maybe they should take him to an optometrist and get his vision checked.

Extremebillsfan247
11-16-2011, 06:34 PM
He's actually not been our worst CB. Id argue Florence has been a complete disaster and McGee not fair behind him. At least McKelvin manages to stay in the friggin screen. I'd have to agree with that. The only thing I see to be wrong with McKelvin is consistency.

BillsFever21
11-16-2011, 07:09 PM
You can almost always tell how good a CB will be in his second year. Rookie CB's, no matter where they're drafted, tend to struggle. If he doesn't get it by his second year, he almost certainly won't get it.

McKelvin hasn't gotten it.

Exactly. Although I might give them into their 3rd season with 2 full years in the league to come into their own and show who they truly are.

Either way McKelvin is a bust. If he hasn't gotten it by now he never will. This is like his 4th year in the league. Chalk him up as another 1st round bust by the Bills.

And we wonder why our team has sucked for years and still suck. Basically we only have one first round draft choice on the team that is any good in Eric Wood that was drafted in the past 7 years or so. And the one guy who has lived up to his first round status has only finished 1 out of 3 seasons without ending up on the IR shortly after halfway through the season.

Beebe
11-16-2011, 08:20 PM
I think is our pass rush, no corner can cover for 20 sec. on every play, it starts up front, and our D ends should be allow to just rush the QB at times, not just hit the tackle first and then try to beat them out side or inside. All the 3-4 D ends from other teams do that, take a chance we get beat anyways at least it looks like were trying to some thing different.

Beebe's Kid
11-17-2011, 08:18 AM
Our corners don't have to cover for 20 seconds. They need to get behind our corners that is all.

McKelvin plays short zones just fine, bug man coverage leaves him with his back turned, and he never makes a play on the ball. Every game that is happening.

Is he right there? Sure, but he has no idea what to do. They either catch it over him, or he interferes.

I thought McGee had been doing ok, but I would look at making some upgrades at CB and WR, and I think we may be moving in the right direction.

Figster
11-17-2011, 08:54 AM
What is maddening about McKelvin is that he's right there to make a play..then just waves his arms like a short bus rider that just missed his stop. :wtf:

Smaller DB's are going to get penalized right out of the league now in my opinion because the only weapons they had against bigger receivers has been taken away.

DraftBoy
11-17-2011, 10:58 AM
McGee has actually been pretty decent for us. What games have you been watching?

Disagree strongly, constantly out of position, breakdowns in coverage usually are on his side, and he is getting beaten off his press like he is a 5th grade. He's been horrible and the only player worse has been Florence.

Beebe
11-19-2011, 10:22 PM
I think he has to learn how to knock the ball down with he's left hand, because every time he's good position to do some thing, the receivers always jump over him or they over power him every time, Every time I see him I remember SIDNEY RICE,T.O. THE RAIDER GAME NOW DEZ .

Oaf
11-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Disagree strongly, constantly out of position, breakdowns in coverage usually are on his side, and he is getting beaten off his press like he is a 5th grade. He's been horrible and the only player worse has been Florence.
We're going to have to agree to disagree on that one too. I think McGee's been solid back there, easily the 2nd most consistent in terms of tackling and most consistent in terms of covg.

madness
11-21-2011, 08:32 AM
I'd say the truth lies somewhere in between. Either way, McGee excelled way beyond expectations of being cast as a NB coming into the league. Although a shell of his former self, I wish him a fast recovery.