PDA

View Full Version : Matt Moore versus Ryan Fitzpatrick

PTI
11-17-2011, 09:01 AM
4 common games as starter, both teams are 2-2, same exact game for each team too.

Bills and Phins blow out Chiefs and both QBs have huge days.
Bills and Phins get blown out against Jets and QBs looks awful.
Bills and Phins both lose by 3 to the Giants, both have leads, both QBs throw late INTs to seal the fate in the last drive.
Bills and Phins win easily over the Deadskins, both Moore and Fitz have casual ho-hum days, both throw a pick and both lose a fumble.

Please tell me how Fitz got a 10 million dollar contract, he is not much different from Matt Moore at all.

Fitz's numbers appear better, he has a 101 QB rating and Moore has a 77 in those games, Fitz has 65% completions and Moore has 61%, but the reality is the games were identical.

Ed
11-17-2011, 09:57 AM
He has an awesome beard.

OpIv37
11-17-2011, 10:00 AM
4 common games as starter, both teams are 2-2, same exact game for each team too.

Bills and Phins blow out Chiefs and both QBs have huge days.
Bills and Phins get blown out against Jets and QBs looks awful.
Bills and Phins both lose by 3 to the Giants, both have leads, both QBs throw late INTs to seal the fate in the last drive.
Bills and Phins win easily over the Deadskins, both Moore and Fitz have casual ho-hum days, both throw a pick and both lose a fumble.

Please tell me how Fitz got a 10 million dollar contract, he is not much different from Matt Moore at all.

Fitz's numbers appear better, he has a 101 QB rating and Moore has a 77 in those games, Fitz has 65% completions and Moore has 61%, but the reality is the games were identical.

Because 4 games is not a sufficient sample size.

streetkings01
11-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Fitz got 10 mill because he fits what Chan wants out of his QB. I've never been a Fitz fan because he's too hot and cold for my liking, but he's the QB for the next season at least.........I just hope of a QB falls to us in the 1st rd we still grab him.

mightysimi
11-17-2011, 10:13 AM
I don't understand why people get choked up about the amount of money spent on a QB or anyone for that matter. It's not like they are picking up the cheque and it's not like we are right up against the salary cap.

Plus I know we love to jump to conclusions based on 1/4 of a season but come on. It's 1/4 of a season. Did we forget the good day against the Pats. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is the uber franchise QB we need for the next decade but right now in this system, he is doing well. We aren't paying him top dollar but we aren't low balling him either. I think it is fair market value for what he has been bringing.

OpIv37
11-17-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't understand why people get choked up about the amount of money spent on a QB or anyone for that matter. It's not like they are picking up the cheque and it's not like we are right up against the salary cap.

Plus I know we love to jump to conclusions based on 1/4 of a season but come on. It's 1/4 of a season. Did we forget the good day against the Pats. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is the uber franchise QB we need for the next decade but right now in this system, he is doing well. We aren't paying him top dollar but we aren't low balling him either. I think it is fair market value for what he has been bringing.

For years, Russ Brandon's PR machine has been hammering it into people's heads that paying for players is bad. Every time. This is incorrect- paying for players is fine as long as they are the RIGHT players.

And Bills fans also suffer from sticker shock. When was the last time we paid a QB? Big contracts are so few and far between that most Bills fans don't realize how much prices have gone up since the last time we paid someone.

If Fitz looks like he did for the first quarter of the season, we got a good deal. If he continues to look like he did for the last few games, we're screwed.

trapezeus
11-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Fitz looked good with a line that could protect and could make running easier.

The jets and the cowboys were the first games where the line was down to the 3rd LT and a change in guards.

This game may be no better, but the bills can sort this out. The dolphins are overall under talented.

ServoBillieves
11-17-2011, 11:32 AM
I second the beard notion.

MikeInRoch
11-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Fitz got middle of the road QB money, and he's a middle of the road QB. What's the problem?

Ickybaluky
11-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Fitz got middle of the road QB money, and he's a middle of the road QB. What's the problem?

Could be worse. They could have traded a starting CB, a 2nd round draft pick and paid that much money to get Kevin Kolb.

At the end of they day, he does have a great beard.

better days
11-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Fitz looked good with a line that could protect and could make running easier.

The jets and the cowboys were the first games where the line was down to the 3rd LT and a change in guards.

This game may be no better, but the bills can sort this out. The dolphins are overall under talented.

I agree with everything but your take on the Fins. They have some good players on that team. I think what they lack is a good HC myself & next year when they get one, everyone will be saying how did the Fins get so good so fast, just like the 49ers this year.

Stewie
11-17-2011, 01:29 PM
The problem with these arguments is that peoples perceptions of worth don't change as fast as salaries.

In 2007, the QB franchise tag was worth 12.7 million. 2010, it was 16.4 million. These are under the old rules, but 10 million a year is not a bad deal for either side.

This is is why it costs four hundred bucks to take your family to a game.

BuffaloSoldier
11-17-2011, 02:39 PM
He has an awesome beard.

HAHA. Awesome post!

DasBills
11-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Fitz got middle of the road QB money, and he's a middle of the road QB. What's the problem?It is middle of the road by NFL standards, but he's the first QB that Ralph has thrown that kind of money at in years, so people hold him to an almost unrealistic standard. The guy is doing just fine, and a couple of bad games (games which he got no help from anyone) does not make him a "bad QB". This team has a lot of holes, has all year, has for years, QB is not currently one of those holes.

Ed
11-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Yeah, 10 million a year is really not that much for a decent starting qb. I mean Brady and Manning average like 18 mil per year and when Aaron Rodgers signs a new deal it will probably be over 20 mil a year. And look at the 100 million dollar deal Vick just got this year. Talk about a mistake.

IAG
11-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Fitz has not been good lately that is for sure.

PhinsFan66
11-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Fitz got off to a great start while Moore was riding the pine behind Henne. Moore is just learning the system and starting to click. The Phins are on a roll while the Bills are falling apart. Miami wins this game by a score of 24-20.

imbondz
11-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Fitz needs to start setting himself apart from the mediocre QBs so there will be no need to have threads like this. If he can consistently be in the top 8 or higher of QBs in the league, i'd be psyched. It's all about consistency w QBs.

Luisito23
11-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Top 8 QB will never happen, the best he can be is top 20. Which makes him exactly what he is...

Mediocre.

Das_Bills
11-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Fitz got 10 mill because he fits what Chan wants out of his QB. I've never been a Fitz fan because he's too hot and cold for my liking, but he's the QB for the next season at least.........I just hope of a QB falls to us in the 1st rd we still grab him.

I highly doubt we draft a QB in the first 3 rounds. If we do i see it with one of our 4th round picks. The only late QB that i see buffalo drafting is Case Keenum from Houston because he would fit Chans system to a T.

Beebe
11-19-2011, 05:47 PM
If FITZ can beat the DOLPHINS AND JETS next, I don't mine that we gave him 10 million I don't remember the last time we did that,with any QB other than MR. JIM KELLY :bow: :bow: :bow: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PTI
11-21-2011, 09:50 AM
I guess Matt Moore is better than Fitzpatrick.

So is Alex Smith, but they are not even talking about an extension for Smith. No word at all.

EDS
11-21-2011, 10:36 AM
I guess Matt Moore is better than Fitzpatrick.

So is Alex Smith, but they are not even talking about an extension for Smith. No word at all.

Nix has done a great job at mismanaging this roster.