PDA

View Full Version : TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW!

Mr. Miyagi
11-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Rex got Tebowed!

:jetsuck:

imbondz
11-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Gotta love it. 4-1. Can't wait to hear from all the Tebow bashers.

Skooby
11-17-2011, 11:17 PM
How can we bash out hero this week, God Bless Tebow!!

paladin warrior
11-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Rex got Tebowed!

:jetsuck: HA HA Ha . I hope u are really happy:D:

cocamide
11-17-2011, 11:21 PM
I was a Tebow basher. The guy still isn't a good QB, but he plays well when it counts. It helps that his D keeps him in games til the fourth quarter. But, I give him a lot of credit; he's tough as hell and knows how to win.

trapezeus
11-17-2011, 11:33 PM
i don't believe in jesus, but i do think if jesus was around, he'd hate the jets. so the story works for me. Still, tebow blows and he's going through the early success. he'll get shut down in the upcoming weeks. not a lot of 2-8 qb's out there.

SaviorEdwards
11-17-2011, 11:34 PM
saviorTebow!!!!!

Mr. Miyagi
11-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Oh his throws are outright ugly. But the guy just finds a way to win in the last few minutes. Kudos to the rest of the Broncos for keeping the game close so Tebow has a chance at the end.

better days
11-17-2011, 11:59 PM
i don't believe in jesus, but i do think if jesus was around, he'd hate the jets. so the story works for me. Still, tebow blows and he's going through the early success. he'll get shut down in the upcoming weeks. not a lot of 2-8 qb's out there.

Before the game, the NFL Network showed the stats for Elway & Tebow for their first 7 games as a starter.

Elway: Wins:2 Loss:5 Comp Pct: 44.4 TD's:1 INT's:9 QB Rating:37.2

Tebow: Wins:4 Loss:3 Comp Pct:47.2 TD's:10 INT's:4 QB Rating:78.7

Rich Eisen, Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Michael Irvin, all picked the Jets to win this game.

I have told you all a number of times all Tebow does is WIN. He is now 4-1 as a starter this year & has brought the Broncos to 5-5. That is the record of a QB that will be in the league a LONG TIME.

We will see how Tebow does in the weeks to come, the Broncos face:

@ San Diego
@ Minnesota
Chicago
New England
@Buffalo
Kansas City

I don't see any of those teams shutting Tebow down & I think the Broncos have a good chance to win the AFC West.

imbondz
11-18-2011, 12:07 AM
if Denver's D can keep them in the game, they have a shot at winning, plus it's a weak division. Tebow is the man, and I hope he continues to succeed. It's a great story if it continues, 3rd stringer, now 4-1 as starter, could lead his team to the playoffs after a 1-4 start.

better days
11-18-2011, 12:12 AM
if Denver's D can keep them in the game, they have a shot at winning, plus it's a weak division. Tebow is the man, and I hope he continues to succeed. It's a great story if it continues, 3rd stringer, now 4-1 as starter, could lead his team to the playoffs after a 1-4 start.

Tebow has made believers of both Elway & Fox. Fox has finally adjusted his offense to suit Tebows strengths, something he said he would not do when he named Tebow the starter after Orton led the Broncos to a 1-4 record.

Crisis
11-18-2011, 12:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/UAsfn.jpg

SaviorEdwards
11-18-2011, 02:22 AM
Tim Tebow could win the superbowl and people would still say he 'sucks'. He just beat the team that rolled the Bills, excuses over!!!!

Crisis
11-18-2011, 02:34 AM
Denver's defense shuts jets down and scores almost half of denver's points; tebow won game

Night Train
11-18-2011, 04:43 AM
Tim Tebow is the greatest QB in the history of professional football.

Nothing less than his bronze statue at the HOF entrance in Canton.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-18-2011, 04:55 AM
where is that pompus hendeson or hendricks jets dude now?
2 weeks ago he was all over this board butt****ing the bills and now he's nowhere to be seen

ServoBillieves
11-18-2011, 05:06 AM
Where is the line drawn between Tebow basher and person who is just so sick of hearing his name? It wasn't all Tebow, it's coaching, it's the other players on the field, it's receivers running good routes, it's the defense, it's not all Tebow.

SUre, he's got this great story that I'm still trying to grasp as to why it's so exciting, but I for one don't care. Great job with the success story, but there are other players in the league.

TacklingDummy
11-18-2011, 06:20 AM
Don't worry, the Bills will make Tebow look like John Elway. It will be his best passing game all year.

Night Train
11-18-2011, 06:26 AM
Where is the line drawn between Tebow basher and person who is just so sick of hearing his name? It wasn't all Tebow, it's coaching, it's the other players on the field, it's receivers running good routes, it's the defense, it's not all Tebow.

SUre, he's got this great story that I'm still trying to grasp as to why it's so exciting, but I for one don't care. Great job with the success story, but there are other players in the league.

And that's exactly the situation.

It's amazing how a guy who plays so badly for the majority of several games can win it on his last drive.

I doubt his run is a long one (film and limitations will catch up) but he's putting cheeks in the seats and keeping the media busy, at present.

Ginger Vitis
11-18-2011, 07:11 AM
Thank you Tim Tebow!!!Just beat the Phins on Sunday and the Bills are are all alone in 2nd place!!!

tampabay25690
11-18-2011, 07:14 AM
I luv it...
Im glad the JETS lost.....

The thing Im still wondering is how he put up 200-300 yards passing last year and now he can barely put up 100 yards????
His surrounding cast on offense is fair at best.
I think finally John Fox realizes that maybe they should build around TIM.....
He will get better

DraftBoy
11-18-2011, 07:15 AM
Couldn't be happier with a Jets loss.

Tebow has looked like the Tebow we all said he would. Denver choose to manipulate their offense which I wouldnt of done and we'll know by seasons end if that was a smart decision or not.

He's 4-1 right now, nobody can argue those results.

better days
11-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Denver's defense shuts jets down and scores almost half of denver's points; tebow won game

YES Tebow WON the game. Drove his team the length of the field in the closing minutes of the game, against one of the best defenses in the NFL & scored the WINNING TD.

That is WINNING the game.

better days
11-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Couldn't be happier with a Jets loss.

Tebow has looked like the Tebow we all said he would. Denver choose to manipulate their offense which I wouldnt of done and we'll know by seasons end if that was a smart decision or not.

He's 4-1 right now, nobody can argue those results.

NO Tebow DID NOT look like you all said he would look. He looked like I said he would look.

You said he would not win games. I said he would win games.

He's 4-1 right now & NO you can't argue with those results.........it must be killing you HATERS.

Ickybaluky
11-18-2011, 07:27 AM
Tebow is a little like Doug Flutie in terms of intangibles. Granted, he is must different physically, but they both were gamers and both were unconventional players. Flutie went to Canada and improved as a passer, Tebow will need to show more throwing the ball as well.

Tebow's accuracy throwing is scary bad. He needs to improve in that area a lot. I wouldn't bet against the kid, but he is going to have to throw it a lot better to last in the NFL.

DraftBoy
11-18-2011, 07:30 AM
NO Tebow DID NOT look like you all said he would look. He looked like I said he would look.

He's 4-1 right now & NO you can't argue with those results.........it must be killing you HATERS.

I never once made a comment about him winning. Id ask you to please be truthful about my statements.

better days
11-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Tebow is a little like Doug Flutie in terms of intangibles. Granted, he is must different physically, but they both were gamers and both were unconventional players. Flutie went to Canada and improved as a passer, Tebow will need to show more throwing the ball as well.

Tebow's accuracy throwing is scary bad. He needs to improve in that area a lot. I wouldn't bet against the kid, but he is going to have to throw it a lot better to last in the NFL.

Before last nights game, John Elway said he believes Tebow will get better. He said Tebow did not get any work before being made the starter. He also said he has not had a chance to work with Tebow yet because of the lockout, but this off season he plans to work with him a lot.

Ickybaluky
11-18-2011, 07:33 AM

I like the kid, but you have to admit he looks terrible throwing the ball. Tebow is a gamer, but he is going to have to throw the ball better or he won't make it in the NFL. I'm not going to bet against him, but he looks terrible throwing the ball.

I mean, Vince Young provided some juice as a rookie as well. Won games and everyone was all over him. It really doesn't mean much unless you do it over time.

DraftBoy
11-18-2011, 07:33 AM

It has gotten better from where he was just 5 weeks ago, Ill give him that. He's still off but at the early part of the season he wasn't even in the same zip code. He throws a couple of nice passes for the most part they are wobblers and off by a step or two. His defensive reading issue is still a clearly evident problem but with the one read system back its not a huge deal either.

As I said to a friend of mine last night the test for Tebow isn't now. Its in 3-4 weeks when the film is passed around DC's can scheme. The issue for Tebow is that his coaches have literally no experience with this system to make tweaks and changes they should make may not happen. As they said last night on the broadcast he's actually teaching them about the system which is kinda cool.

As you and I both know the NFL is a game of adjustments and it will be very interesting to see how the Broncos adjust to the way NFL defenses will play this new scheme.

DraftBoy
11-18-2011, 07:35 AM
I like the kid, but you have to admit he looks terrible throwing the ball. Tebow is a gamer, but he is going to have to throw the ball better or he won't make it in the NFL. I'm not going to bet against him, but he looks terrible throwing the ball.

I mean, Vince Young provided some juice as a rookie as well. Won games and everyone was all over him. It really doesn't mean much unless you do it over time.

You won't make any progress here. The idea of evaluating a player off of 2-4 years of development and time is lost in today's NFL for the most part. Its all about what can you do now.

Players go from hero to goat in a 6 week swing. See Donald Jones here in Buffalo.

Ickybaluky
11-18-2011, 07:37 AM
Before last nights game, John Elway said he believes Tebow will get better. He said Tebow did not get any work before being made the starter. He also said he has not had a chance to work with Tebow yet because of the lockout, but this off season he plans to work with him a lot.

I heard Elway. Like I said, I won't bet against the kid. I like him, and his intangibles are undeniable.

That said, he has to get a lot better throwing. His accuracy is shockingly bad. He is going to have to learn to play better in the pocket to last in the NFL.

alnilla
11-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Rex got Tebowed!

:jetsuck:

then he got a dirty sanchez

ddaryl
11-18-2011, 07:40 AM
what's with Bills fan fixation with this guy... don't get it at all.

mysticsoto
11-18-2011, 07:47 AM
As you and I both know the NFL is a game of adjustments and it will be very interesting to see how the Broncos adjust to the way NFL defenses will play this new scheme.

I'm more interested in seeing the reverse of that. I think NFL defenses will adjust to contain Tebow like they used to initially do with Vick. Without Tebow being able to run, Denver will go no where. The entire last drive to win the game was mostly all quarterback draws, pulling linemen to block for him, etc.

Basically, the same formula teams used to beat us will work on Denver. Play 8 up in the box ALL THE TIME. Force Tebow to beat you with passing. I don't think he's accurate enough to do so.

All that being said, I'm glad they won yesterday. From here on, I don't give a crap until they play us...

Ickybaluky
11-18-2011, 07:48 AM
what's with Bills fan fixation with this guy... don't get it at all.

I don't think it is just Bills fans. Everyone has an opinion on Tebow. That is one of the more impressive things about the kid. He handles it and plays his game. He doesn't let criticism get to him.

I like Tebow. He is no doubt unconventional, but the kid is a big-time gamer. That said, he is going to have to throw the ball better. Even people that like him have to admit that. He will never be Aaron Rodgers, but he has to be able to make some throws from the pocket. He is still a young player, so time will tell.

Looking at what has happened so far, in the 4 games Denver won they were able to hang around until the end. Tebow undeniably has a penchant for coming up big in big moments, going back to college and continuing in Denver.

That said, all 4 of those wins were against teams with struggling passing games (Mia, Oak, KC, NYJ). Detroit could throw it, and Denver got crushed. The best teams in the NFL throw the football well.

OpIv37
11-18-2011, 07:53 AM
Given how everyone on this board reacts to the Bills and Sabres, I'm not surprised by the Tebow love-fest. All anyone can see is the immediate results, and not the long term implications.

The Broncos aren't running a real NFL offense because Tebow can't make the reads or the throws. The guy has a place on the football field because he is a playmaker, but starting QB ain't it. All it will take is one team to shut down the Broncos, then every other team will copy their defensive schemes and it will be over. The only reason Denver's O is working right now is because it's unconventional in the modern NFL, but it's also one-dimensional. And that never lasts long in the NFL.

better days
11-18-2011, 07:53 AM
I never once made a comment about him winning. Id ask you to please be truthful about my statements.

You are the one not being truthful. From before Tebow was drafted, you said he would never be successful in the NFL. You said he would not be drafted before the 6th rnd for that reason. I said he would be drafted by the 2nd rnd at the latest & would prove all you HATERS WRONG.

Well, he proved you wrong by being drafted in the 1st rnd & now he is proving you wrong by winning games as I said he would.

Ickybaluky
11-18-2011, 07:55 AM
I thought the Jets played it stupid on that final drive as well. They shut down Denver all game by going big on defense. Then, on the final drive, they go nickel? That was monumentally stupid. The Jets had 5 DBs on the field for 11 of the 12 plays of that drive.

OpIv37
11-18-2011, 07:57 AM
You are the one not being truthful. From before Tebow was drafted, you said he would never be successful in the NFL. You said he would not be drafted before the 6th rnd for that reason. I said he would be drafted by the 2nd rnd at the latest & would prove all you HATERS WRONG.

Well, he proved you wrong by being drafted in the 1st rnd & now he is proving you wrong by winning games as I said he would.

5 games is not a sufficient sample size. you need to give it more time before you start giving him ****. Remember when Drew Bledsoe was 5-3 in his first 8 games with the Bills? How'd that work out?

DraftBoy
11-18-2011, 08:01 AM

Ive asked you once and Ill ask you again if you don't comprehend, understand, or properly remember what I actually said please do not repeat what you think I said to fit your personal issues.

I did say I dont think Tebow will be a successfull NFL QB, I did not say he wouldn't win and to categorize the Broncos wins as all on Tebow is a slap in the face to a defense that is playing very well right now. Tebow has done his share, no doubt but its not all on him, despite some people's desire to put it all there.

I never said he would not be drafted before the 6th round, I said he shouldn't be. There is large difference between where you value a players skill set and where you project them to go. Again your mischaracterization of this is just flat wrong.

He has proven me wrong about nothing so far and like I said if he fails in the end Im not going to puff out my chest and act like an ******* about it. Its a football player, he will fail or he will suceed and no matter what Im sure he'll go on to bigger and better things after football because that's his character.

As you much as you may wish to characterize me as a hater I'm not. Im rooting for the kid, I said as much last night on Twitter. Im not a fan, Im not a hater but you can't help but admire the kid. He's got the it factor, now all he has to do is get over his limitations which will be the hardest test he's faced to date in terms of playing football. It will make or break his career.

better days
11-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Given how everyone on this board reacts to the Bills and Sabres, I'm not surprised by the Tebow love-fest. All anyone can see is the immediate results, and not the long term implications.

The Broncos aren't running a real NFL offense because Tebow can't make the reads or the throws. The guy has a place on the football field because he is a playmaker, but starting QB ain't it. All it will take is one team to shut down the Broncos, then every other team will copy their defensive schemes and it will be over. The only reason Denver's O is working right now is because it's unconventional in the modern NFL, but it's also one-dimensional. And that never lasts long in the NFL.

You are wrong that Tebow can't make reads. If you listen to any of the experts, they all say he can make reads. He made the read of the Jets blitz on the WINNING TD he scored.

Tebow is still a work in progress, but the Broncos are winning during this time. Tebow has a great work ethic & will work at getting better & I guarantee you all he will.

Actually, the option is not one dimensional & after watching the game last night, Mike Mayock & other experts are now saying it can work in the NFL.

mysticsoto
11-18-2011, 08:06 AM
You are wrong that Tebow can't make reads. If you listen to any of the experts, they all say he can make reads. He made the read of the Jets blitz on the WINNING TD he scored.

Tebow is still a work in progress, but the Broncos are winning during this time. Tebow has a great work ethic & will work at getting better & I guarantee you all he will.

Actually, the option is not one dimensional & after watching the game last night, Mike Mayock & other experts are now saying it can work in the NFL.
Actually, I think Tebow or someone else who made comments after the game said that it was a great call by the coach who realized they'd be coming after him.

better days
11-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Ive asked you once and Ill ask you again if you don't comprehend, understand, or properly remember what I actually said please do not repeat what you think I said to fit your personal issues.

I did say I dont think Tebow will be a successfull NFL QB, I did not say he wouldn't win and to categorize the Broncos wins as all on Tebow is a slap in the face to a defense that is playing very well right now. Tebow has done his share, no doubt but its not all on him, despite some people's desire to put it all there.

I never said he would not be drafted before the 6th round, I said he shouldn't be. There is large difference between where you value a players skill set and where you project them to go. Again your mischaracterization of this is just flat wrong.

He has proven me wrong about nothing so far and like I said if he fails in the end Im not going to puff out my chest and act like an ******* about it. Its a football player, he will fail or he will suceed and no matter what Im sure he'll go on to bigger and better things after football because that's his character.

As you much as you may wish to characterize me as a hater I'm not. Im rooting for the kid, I said as much last night on Twitter. Im not a fan, Im not a hater but you can't help but admire the kid. He's got the it factor, now all he has to do is get over his limitations which will be the hardest test he's faced to date in terms of playing football. It will make or break his career.

Well, if a QB wins games he is successful. If he loses games he is not successful. It is that simple. To say Tebow will not be successful is to say he will not win games. Tebow is 4-1 now & that makes him a successful QB.

After the Lions game you stuck out your chest with the rest of the haters & said I told you so.

Of course Tebow did not win this game or any game by himself. I never said he did. What he did do, is LEAD his team to those 4 wins.

Everyone knew Tebow needed work on his mechanics from before he was drafted. The lockout has affected his progress but he will continue to work all through his career & he will get better every year.

justasportsfan
11-18-2011, 08:21 AM
as bad as Tebow is, he stepped up when it counted most vs. the jets and Fitz didn't.

better days
11-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Actually, I think Tebow or someone else who made comments after the game said that it was a great call by the coach who realized they'd be coming after him.

It was an option call. The play worked & Tebow ran the ball in for the TD because he read the Jets blitz.

Mike Mayock gave Tebow credit for making that read after the game. They also said most QB's would have ran out of bounds after getting the 1st down & not cut back inside & run the ball in for the TD.

mysticsoto
11-18-2011, 08:40 AM
It was an option call. The play worked & Tebow ran the ball in for the TD because he read the Jets blitz.

Mike Mayock gave Tebow credit for making that read after the game. They also said most QB's would have ran out of bounds after getting the 1st down & not cut back inside & run the ball in for the TD.

I've no problem with the play. My only concern is that you are not going to win many NFL games by calling QB draw after QB draw. Right now, Tebow is doing well b'cse he's unconventional - much like when Miami got a boost when it installed the Wildcat offense. Sooner or later, someone draws up a game plan to counter it and the next thing you know, it's capacity to inflict damage is nullified.

And please don't label me as a Tebow hater. I really don't care. All I'm saying is, his throwing accuracy HAS to improve if he is to be successful long term. You could say that about anyone - in fact, I've been saying it about Fitz's long throw also!!!

better days
11-18-2011, 09:05 AM
I've no problem with the play. My only concern is that you are not going to win many NFL games by calling QB draw after QB draw. Right now, Tebow is doing well b'cse he's unconventional - much like when Miami got a boost when it installed the Wildcat offense. Sooner or later, someone draws up a game plan to counter it and the next thing you know, it's capacity to inflict damage is nullified.

And please don't label me as a Tebow hater. I really don't care. All I'm saying is, his throwing accuracy HAS to improve if he is to be successful long term. You could say that about anyone - in fact, I've been saying it about Fitz's long throw also!!!

It was not a draw play for the TD. It was an option play. Tebow could have passed the ball. The play worked because Tebow made the proper read of the Jets blitz. Tebow did not run the ball all that much this game.

Tebow is a great red zone QB because he has the ability to run the ball in for a TD like few QB's can as well as pass for the TD. That is tough for a defense to defend.

There is no question Tebow has to improve his consistency with his accuracy just like Fitz, but the 1st play of the game he completed a nice sideline pass of about 35 yds & during the game Mayock said that was a great throw a few times.

The Jets were able to shut down the Broncos run game most of the game, but they knew exactly what Denver was going to do at the end of the game & still could not stop it. I thought is was funny to watch Rex watching the Broncos drive the length of the field for the winning TD, that had to be very frustrating for him.

mysticsoto
11-18-2011, 09:16 AM
It was not a draw play for the TD. It was an option play. Tebow could have passed the ball. The play worked because Tebow made the proper read of the Jets blitz. Tebow did not run the ball all that much this game.

Tebow is a great red zone QB because he has the ability to run the ball in for a TD like few QB's can as well as pass for the TD. That is tough for a defense to defend.

There is no question Tebow has to improve his consistency with his accuracy just like Fitz, but the 1st play of the game he completed a nice sideline pass of about 35 yds & during the game Mayock said that was a great throw a few times.

The Jets were able to shut down the Broncos run game most of the game, but they knew exactly what Denver was going to do at the end of the game & still could not stop it. I thought is was funny to watch Rex watching the Broncos drive the length of the field for the winning TD, that had to be very frustrating for him.

Tebow did not run much this game??? Tebow pretty much ran the entire 4th/qtr and last drive to win. That's the only reason they won. During the whole game anything else he tried to do was stifled by the Jets.

And I can't agree that the Jets knew exactly what Denver was going to do at the end of the game and still could not stop it. They had too many CBs in the field and were not playing up for the run. If anything, I'd say Rex was outcoached this game and that's why they lost (well that and the fact that Sanchez sucks).

As I said, the only reason Denver won at the end was b'cse Tebow ran and ran and ran. I hope we pay attention to this game come Xmas Eve and place 8 in the box - even if Tebow makes a few throws - let's test his accuracy and see if he can beat us over the air...to me, that's the best game plan against him.

better days
11-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Tebow did not run much this game??? Tebow pretty much ran the entire 4th/qtr and last drive to win. That's the only reason they won. During the whole game anything else he tried to do was stifled by the Jets.

And I can't agree that the Jets knew exactly what Denver was going to do at the end of the game and still could not stop it. They had too many CBs in the field and were not playing up for the run. If anything, I'd say Rex was outcoached this game and that's why they lost (well that and the fact that Sanchez sucks).

As I said, the only reason Denver won at the end was b'cse Tebow ran and ran and ran. I hope we pay attention to this game come Xmas Eve and place 8 in the box - even if Tebow makes a few throws - let's test his accuracy and see if he can beat us over the air...to me, that's the best game plan against him.

The Jets were using 3 NT's on the line the ENTIRE game, their BIG Package. They stuffed McGahee the entire game.

Tebow only ran TWICE the first 11 drives. The Broncos did not use the option for most of the game.

They used the option on the 12 & final drive of the game. That is when Tebow ran & the Jets KNEW the Broncos were going to run the option at that time & Rex had even said that in an interview before the game.

I think the Bills are going to have a hard time stopping Tebow, but I agree it is best to try & take away the run. The Jets were successful doing that the entire game until the final drive. The Bills best chance to win IMO is to get a lead & be up by at least 2 scores in the 4th QTR.

The last buffalo fan
11-18-2011, 09:50 AM
as bad as Tebow is, he stepped up when it counted most vs. the jets and Fitz didn't.

Correcto, but we have not a Broncos D type yet.

Ickybaluky
11-18-2011, 10:03 AM
The Jets were using 3 NT's on the line the ENTIRE game, their BIG Package. They stuffed McGahee the entire game...

They used the option on the 12 & final drive of the game. That is when Tebow ran & the Jets KNEW the Broncos were going to run the option at that time & Rex had even said that in an interview before the game.

They Jets were in the nickel for 11 of the 12 plays of the final drive. Why they went away from playing their base defense after shutting the Broncos down all game is curious, but if they "knew the Broncos were going to run", they played like they thought they were going to pass.

we are
11-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Seriously though tebow sucks.

Figster
11-18-2011, 10:17 AM
The Jets were using 3 NT's on the line the ENTIRE game, their BIG Package. They stuffed McGahee the entire game.

Tebow only ran TWICE the first 11 drives. The Broncos did not use the option for most of the game.

I think the Bills are going to have a hard time stopping Tebow, but I agree it is best to try & take away the run. The Jets were successful doing that the entire game until the final drive. The Bills best chance to win IMO is to get a lead & be up by at least 2 scores in the 4th QTR.

I'm becoming a fan of Tebows,

but until he gets better at throwing the Football better days, I'm not ready to put him in the same league as the Brady's and the Manning's when it comes to winning Football games in the 4th quarter,

Tebow is to one dimensional ...

DraftBoy
11-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Well, if a QB wins games he is successful. If he loses games he is not successful. It is that simple. To say Tebow will not be successful is to say he will not win games. Tebow is 4-1 now & that makes him a successful QB.

After the Lions game you stuck out your chest with the rest of the haters & said I told you so.

Of course Tebow did not win this game or any game by himself. I never said he did. What he did do, is LEAD his team to those 4 wins.

Everyone knew Tebow needed work on his mechanics from before he was drafted. The lockout has affected his progress but he will continue to work all through his career & he will get better every year.

I didn't stick our my chest at all, I commented about ****ty he looked which he did. I just said in this very thread his accuracy has come along over the course of the last five weeks. If you can seperate analytical commentary from some illogical hatred that you think I have then I dont know what to tell you.

Ed
11-18-2011, 11:25 AM
I've been pretty critical of Tebow as a thrower of the football, but I had a blast watching them beat the Jets last night. He grew on me a lot too, and I hope he has success because he does seem like a genuinely great person. I still think ultimately he's too limited as a passer to become an elite qb, but maybe that's something he can improve on enough to at least become adequate. Better technique and reading defenses are things he can learn, but his accuracy may always be an issue.

better days
11-18-2011, 11:55 AM
They Jets were in the nickel for 11 of the 12 plays of the final drive. Why they went away from playing their base defense after shutting the Broncos down all game is curious, but if they "knew the Broncos were going to run", they played like they thought they were going to pass.

They did not know if the Broncos were going to pass or run but they did know the Broncos were going to run the option at the end of the game.

Well, the Broncos did both pass & run in that final drive & the Jets could not stop it.

In his post game press conference, Rex said that they knew what the Broncos were going to do on the TD run but they made a mistake & could not keep Tebow contained. The Jets kept their big package in during that final drive.

better days
11-18-2011, 12:01 PM
I didn't stick our my chest at all, I commented about ****ty he looked which he did. I just said in this very thread his accuracy has come along over the course of the last five weeks. If you can seperate analytical commentary from some illogical hatred that you think I have then I dont know what to tell you.

Well, I will admit you are starting to come around as most of Tebows critics have of late. After the Lions game his critics had Tebows career dead & burried.

Before the game John Clayton said the game would be over after an hour & a half. He also said the Broncos defense was BAD. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about the game today.

DraftBoy
11-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Well, I will admit you are starting to come around as most of Tebows critics have of late. After the Lions game his critics had Tebows career dead & burried.

Before the game John Clayton said the game would be over after an hour & a half. He also said the Broncos defense was BAD. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about the game today.

There is nothing about coming around, I stand by my opinion until he proves me wrong. Especially with QB's making decisions after only a year or two of full time playing is risky.

Im giving credit where its due, he's 4-1 right now, his accuracy is better but still off and he's got lots of work to do.

better days
11-18-2011, 12:05 PM
I'm becoming a fan of Tebows,

but until he gets better at throwing the Football better days, I'm not ready to put him in the same league as the Brady's and the Manning's when it comes to winning Football games in the 4th quarter,

Tebow is to one dimensional ...

Tebow is CLUTCH like only Brady & Rodgers in the 4th qtr or the red zone. Manning may never play again, time will tell.

better days
11-18-2011, 12:55 PM
There is nothing about coming around, I stand by my opinion until he proves me wrong. Especially with QB's making decisions after only a year or two of full time playing is risky.

Im giving credit where its due, he's 4-1 right now, his accuracy is better but still off and he's got lots of work to do.

Well, this post in comparison to your previous posts of Tebow IS coming around in my opinion.

Yes Tebow still has a lot of work to do, we all know that, but as you have said, he has made improvements & IMO with his work ethic he will continue to do so.

The fastest way for a QB to learn to read defenses is to play against them. The Broncos were 1-4 with Orton at QB & going nowhere but to the top of the Luck sweepstakes. They are 4-1 with Tebow at QB.

imbondz
11-18-2011, 01:18 PM
If Tebow's accuracy can improve, there's no telling how great of a QB he could be. If it doesn't, I doubt he can keep up this kind of winning.

better days
11-18-2011, 01:55 PM
If Tebow's accuracy can improve, there's no telling how great of a QB he could be. If it doesn't, I doubt he can keep up this kind of winning.

Yeah, I agree, he needs to improve on the consistency of his accuracy to sustain success. I think he will do that over time.

DraftBoy
11-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Here is my concern with Tebow and it has nothing to actually do with him.

Denver's coaching staff don't know how to run this scheme like Meyer did at Florida. On the broadcast Mayock even said the coaches told him that Tebow is teaching them the scheme. Now there is no doubt he is smart but he can't be the guy to be making half time adjustments.

Do you (plural) think Denver's staff is going to be quick enough in picking up the spread option to know how to quickly make adjustments and keep it fresh? Its a very interesting scenario they have created for themselves.

ZAZusmc03
11-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Here is my concern with Tebow and it has nothing to actually do with him.

Denver's coaching staff don't know how to run this scheme like Meyer did at Florida. On the broadcast Mayock even said the coaches told him that Tebow is teaching them the scheme. Now there is no doubt he is smart but he can't be the guy to be making half time adjustments.

Do you (plural) think Denver's staff is going to be quick enough in picking up the spread option to know how to quickly make adjustments and keep it fresh? Its a very interesting scenario they have created for themselves.

I was wondering if the broncos staff would make the adjustment on O to fit Tebows strengths, and now that they have, I wonder if Meyer has been contacted in hopes he would help them out, possibly as a consultant?

Crisis
11-18-2011, 05:35 PM

"If he could throw the ball, he'd be a great quarterback!"

better days
11-18-2011, 05:48 PM

Well, he can throw the ball. He just does not have any consistency yet with his accuracy. When he does & he will in time, he will be a great QB.

The Jokeman
11-18-2011, 06:10 PM
and If RJ avoided sacks and he would have been better than Jim Kelly.

Ickybaluky
11-18-2011, 06:54 PM

It's not particle physics, it's the spread option. It's still football, I'm sure they can figure it out.

McCoy and the Denver coaches actually put read option plays in last year after they drafted Tebow. They wanted a package of plays he ran at Florida so they could use him in games, and they practiced that even though Orton was the starter. It isn't something they just decided to do before the Oakland game.

At the end of the day, they must be figuring it out because they are 4th in the NFL in rushing. That means thay must be coaching it well, because they other players need to know what to do as well. The key is having the right guy running it, and Tebow was born to that offense.

That said, it won't work in the NFL like it did at Florida. Teams will adjust and make him play in the pocket more. He will need to throw the ball better. Guys usually don't get more accurate, but Tebow is one of those guys you hate to bet against.

SaviorEdwards
11-19-2011, 03:02 AM
The funny thing with Tebow is I could see him winning a superbowl and people would still say he sucks. Kind of like people who said Urban Meyer's system was 'gimmicky' even after he put 2 crystal footballs on his mantle.

DraftBoy
11-19-2011, 09:21 AM
It's not particle physics, it's the spread option. It's still football, I'm sure they can figure it out.

McCoy and the Denver coaches actually put read option plays in last year after they drafted Tebow. They wanted a package of plays he ran at Florida so they could use him in games, and they practiced that even though Orton was the starter. It isn't something they just decided to do before the Oakland game.

At the end of the day, they must be figuring it out because they are 4th in the NFL in rushing. That means thay must be coaching it well, because they other players need to know what to do as well. The key is having the right guy running it, and Tebow was born to that offense.

That said, it won't work in the NFL like it did at Florida. Teams will adjust and make him play in the pocket more. He will need to throw the ball better. Guys usually don't get more accurate, but Tebow is one of those guys you hate to bet against.

You greatly understate the particular blocking schemes, assignments, and reads that must be made and evolved to make it work in the NFL. You said it right what works at UF won't work in the NFL but to have no idea how or why it worked at UF, how in the world can a staff expect to evolve it to work in the NFL?

The spread option is not just a system that can be picked up with the snap of a finger.

Id argue they aren't coaching it that well, 4th in the NFL rushing yes but how many more attempts on average than any other team? How many more yards and whats the ypc? If those last two numbers aren't drastically higher they aren't running it very well at all.

They are getting wins and in the end that's all that matters but this isn't backyard football, DC's will figure it out and Denver's coaches can't adjust it they are sunk.

Figster
11-19-2011, 09:46 AM
The funny thing with Tebow is I could see him winning a superbowl and people would still say he sucks. Kind of like people who said Urban Meyer's system was 'gimmicky' even after he put 2 crystal footballs on his mantle.

If Tim Tebows passing game hasn't improved any, yes people would say he sucks. Tebow might pull out a couple of 4 quarter victories thanks in big part to the Bronco defense, but put him up against a red hot Aaron Rodgers in the Superbowl and its never going to happen. (not without divine intervention anyway)

Just keeping it real Savior...

better days
11-19-2011, 10:01 AM
If Tim Tebows passing game hasn't improved any, yes people would say he sucks. Tebow might pull out a couple of 4 quarter victories thanks in big part to the Bronco defense, but put him up against a red hot Aaron Rodgers in the Superbowl and its never going to happen. (not without divine intervention anyway)

Just keeping it real Savior...

I think Savior Edwards is talking about the FUTURE. NO QB can win without a good team around him including Brady & Rodgers. Brady may win the Pats* the AFC East but they will go nowhere in the playoffs with that terrible defense.

The Popcorn
11-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Couple of things here....

Elway didn't look very happy about the win. If I were in his shoes, I'd be happy as hell and showing that big toothy grin. Is it because Tebow isn't HIS guy? Or is it because Tebow has a bigger following of fans that will be bigger than his status in Denver? Or both?

Also, the Jets went away from the defense they were running on Denver's last drive and it burned them. It seems to me that Rex outsmarted himself and should be blamed for that decision.

better days
11-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Couple of things here....

Elway didn't look very happy about the win. If I were in his shoes, I'd be happy as hell and showing that big toothy grin. Is it because Tebow isn't HIS guy? Or is it because Tebow has a bigger following of fans that will be bigger than his status in Denver? Or both?

Also, the Jets went away from the defense they were running on Denver's last drive and it burned them. It seems to me that Rex outsmarted himself and should be blamed for that decision.

I don't know what you are talking about. When Tebow scored the TD, they showed Elway standing, grinning his big toothy grin & clapping his hands.

Figster
11-19-2011, 10:31 AM
I think Savior Edwards is talking about the FUTURE. NO QB can win without a good team around him including Brady & Rodgers. Brady may win the Pats* the AFC East but they will go nowhere in the playoffs with that terrible defense.

My post was more in reference to why people say Tebow sucks because as a passer he does suck at this point and you can't fault folks for calling it like they see it.

Myself personally, I've become a fan of Tebows and I hope he does improve, but to be honest better days, I'm not holding my breath.

The Popcorn
11-19-2011, 10:35 AM
I don't know what you are talking about. When Tebow scored the TD, they showed Elway standing, grinning his big toothy grin & clapping his hands.

Elway stood up and clapped but I didn't see the toothy grin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M15v-ajd-0

SABURZFAN
11-19-2011, 10:42 AM

:roflmao:

yordad is wrong AGAIN. it doesn't surprise me though.

The Popcorn
11-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Maybe it's me but I think i'd have been a little more emotional than that. That was a hell of a comeback.

alnilla
11-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Well, he can throw the ball. He just does not have any consistency yet with his accuracy. When he does & he will in time, he will be a great QB.

He has been playing football for all his life, if your not accurate now come on give me a break. His passes flat out SUCK.

better days
11-19-2011, 12:26 PM

Well, I don't know how you missed it.............but you did, he had a WIDE grin.

better days
11-19-2011, 12:52 PM
He has been playing football for all his life, if your not accurate now come on give me a break. His passes flat out SUCK.

Yes, Tebow has been playing football his whole life, and WINNING his whole life, which he CONTINUES TO DO & WILL CONTINUE TO DO in spite of what his HATERS think.

Tebow has won CHAMPIONSHIPS at every level he has played & it is just a matter of time before he does that in the NFL.

SABURZFAN
11-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Well, I don't know how you missed it.............but you did, he had a WIDE grin.

wrong again, yordad. he wasn't grinning in that video at all. if anything, it looked that it pained him to stand there and clap.

imbondz
11-22-2011, 01:01 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Plummer-on-Tebow-8216-When-he-accepts-that-we?urn=nfl-wp12281

ha. finally someone being honest!

When I saw Elway clapping, I thought he looked pissed that they just won. very strange.